Round 6 vs Gold Coast

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Tyrell Sloan (poor game from him. For a fullback to play 80min and not to run over 100m isn't good enough.)
  2. Mathew Feagai (really dangerous when he runs the ball, which isn't near often enough.)
  3. Moses Suli (ran hard and that's about it.)
  4. Zac Lomax (played well)
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa (kept us in the game)
  6. Talatau Amone (didn't do much)
  7. Ben Hunt (played well)
  8. Francis Molo (the sin binning wasn't bad. It was the best 10min they played. He also had the most running metres of forwards)
  9. Jacob Liddle (no comment. Not good or really bad)
  10. Blake Lawrie (poor game from him)
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila (he played. I remember he ran at Titans halves a few times.)
  12. Jaydn Su’A (was ok)
  13. Jack Bird (was ok)

14. Moses Mbye (was ok)
  15. Jack de Belin (not his best game.)
  16. Toby Couchman (pick of the forwards)
  17. Josh Kerr (another Josh Kerr performance. Didn't do anything good or bad.)

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Francis Molo slapped with a grade-two careless high tackle and because of his poor record, he will cop at least three games or risk a fourth if he challenges the judiciary. A chance to bring back Musgrove or try Fifita.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Me either
..or me.
  1. Tyrell Sloan (poor game from him. For a fullback to play 80min and not to run over 100m isn't good enough.) Poor go forward curtailed his running game so needed to go looking for the leather a bit more.
  2. Mathew Feagai (really dangerous when he runs the ball, which isn't near often enough.) Wingers should be given ball not have to go and look for it. Same as centres.
  3. Moses Suli (ran hard and that's about it.) does same every game.
  4. Zac Lomax (played well) very well
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa (kept us in the game) reading of defense is still suspect
  6. Talatau Amone (didn't do much) His forte is taking on the line, has Griffin stopped that. Otherwise busy enuff.
  7. Ben Hunt (played well) No comment
  8. Francis Molo (the sin binning wasn't bad. It was the best 10min they played. He also had the most running metres of forwards) inconsistent
  9. Jacob Liddle (no comment. Not good or really bad) Seemed to play less minutes than past games. Should have been on late in game against a tiring defense.
  10. Blake Lawrie (poor game from him) Not up to his usual lofty standards. Reckon the Titans management noted this and had him heavily marked.
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila (he played. I remember he ran at Titans halves a few times.) waste of a contract. Should be in Ressies.
  12. Jaydn Su’A (was ok) Does more than people want to see.
  13. Jack Bird (was ok) always ok, some good stuff plenty of the ordinary stuff too..

14. Moses Mbye (was ok) last year Moses.
  15. Jack de Belin (not his best game.) Agree.
  16. Toby Couchman (pick of the forwards) Agree. Improving every game.
  17. Josh Kerr (another Josh Kerr performance. Didn't do anything good or bad.) Never seems to rise above moderate. Also should be in Ressies.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
"With the tackle technique, you’re not allowed to tackle around the legs any more".

Some pearls of wisdom from none other than Anthony Griffin. Wonder what JDB, arguably the best round legs tackler in the game, says about this..

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Francis Molo slapped with a grade-two careless high tackle and because of his poor record, he will cop at least three games or risk a fourth if he challenges the judiciary. A chance to bring back Musgrove or try Fifita.
Don't know why Musgrove was dropped in favour of Kerr.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well Musgrove ran for over 200m in reserves, Fifita or Lui - Tosa but he was only on the bench so most likely Musgrove

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
50 missed tackles back to normality. The biggest offenders were Bird 6, Lawrie 5 Su'a 5 Lomax 5. The engine room missed 29 out of the 50. You can't win games missing 50 tackles. Another interesting fact Lawrie played only 41 min, JDB 39 min, Molo 38 min, Liddle only 34 min and Kerr only 20 min, you cannot carry players in your engine room who can only play or being allowed to play 20 min, even 40 min is my minimum requirement when I coached. At the ground it just looked off, our interchanges and something is not right with the timing and coaching of this team in my humble views.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
50 missed tackles back to normality. The biggest offenders were Bird 6, Lawrie 5 Su'a 5 Lomax 5. The engine room missed 29 out of the 50. You can't win games missing 50 tackles. Another interesting fact Lawrie played only 41 min, JDB 39 min, Molo 38 min, Liddle only 34 min and Kerr only 20 min, you cannot carry players in your engine room who can only play or being allowed to play 20 min, even 40 min is my minimum requirement when I coached. At the ground it just looked off, our interchanges and something is not right with the timing and coaching of this team in my humble views.
It just looks like the coach really doesn't know what he is doing anymore.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
He never busts tackles.
You know he made one run and knocked the tackler senseless but it must of hurt him too because he didn't do it again. Mind you he only played 20 min which is not right unless injured and he didn't look injured to me

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
You know he made one run and knocked the tackler senseless but it must of hurt him too because he didn't do it again. Mind you he only played 20 min which is not right unless injured and he didn't look injured to me
I think it was the collision with his teammate that knocked him senseless.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think it was the collision with his teammate that knocked him senseless.
Humour nice to have but Kerr as I said is a big unit but is not utilised correctly. I believe he looked to me as being about 6' 6" tall and about 115kg now that's a big unit. 20 min in a game don't bother picking him. Only 4 hit ups 6 runs all up but did make 65m in those 6 runs which is what I would be looking for as a coach. He must be dissolutioned and in the Lomax/ Lawrie camp

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Humour nice to have but Kerr as I said is a big unit but is not utilised correctly. I believe he looked to me as being about 6' 6" tall and about 115kg now that's a big unit. 20 min in a game don't bother picking him. Only 4 hit ups 6 runs all up but did make 65m in those 6 runs which is what I would be looking for as a coach. He must be dissolutioned and in the Lomax/ Lawrie camp
Kerr has always been like that. He might be disillusioned with the coach but I don't think that's the reason he troubles the defense so little.

Eric

Staff
  1. Tyrell Sloan (poor game from him. For a fullback to play 80min and not to run over 100m isn't good enough.)
  2. Mathew Feagai (really dangerous when he runs the ball, which isn't near often enough.)
  3. Moses Suli (ran hard and that's about it.)
  4. Zac Lomax (played well)
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa (kept us in the game)
  6. Talatau Amone (didn't do much)
  7. Ben Hunt (played well)
  8. Francis Molo (the sin binning wasn't bad. It was the best 10min they played. He also had the most running metres of forwards)
  9. Jacob Liddle (no comment. Not good or really bad)
  10. Blake Lawrie (poor game from him)
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila (he played. I remember he ran at Titans halves a few times.)
  12. Jaydn Su’A (was ok)
  13. Jack Bird (was ok)

14. Moses Mbye (was ok)
  15. Jack de Belin (not his best game.)
  16. Toby Couchman (pick of the forwards)
  17. Josh Kerr (another Josh Kerr performance. Didn't do anything good or bad.)
Feagai looks 100% a centre for me.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well I live on the Gold Coast and the front page story is labelled " The rise of the Titans". Reporting a heroic understrength Titans team snatched victory from the Jaws of defeat against a full strength Dragons team. As a result the ticket sales for the M1 clash between Titans and Broncos have excellerated towards a sell out. Thank you Dragons. About sums up our current team and coach. I'd expect more people laughing at me as I walk my dog this week wearing my dragons gear