Round 7 St George Illawarra vs Canberra

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
That all. You can get no game momentum with such a short time on the field. That means he played Mybe for 66 mins. Needs to be reversed. Griffin you are pathetic man.
Sorry stat's were just updated they played 40 min each will still leaves you with the same issue though neither can get a feel for the game. Not fair on either player

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
Liddle is definitely quicker and more dangerous in attack than McCullough ever was. The problem here is he needs to be playing as close to 80 min as possible and he isn't. I know perhaps he is short of match fitness but, this week he only played 40 min, last week 34 min. You can't have your starting hooker playing such small minutes
The st George forward pack can hold there own, like I said at the beginning of my rant our halves don't give our centres a chance too step or attack there opposite , if I was in the the fat wallet board of st George I'd hit up jack wighton too switch straight away too the dragons or the season is done, I don't think the co coach is the problem, they have just recruited the wrong players too complement the forwards

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The st George forward pack can hold there own, like I said at the beginning of my rant our halves don't give our centres a chance too step or attack there opposite , if I was in the the fat wallet board of st George I'd hit up jack wighton too switch straight away too the dragons or the season is done, I don't think the co coach is the problem, they have just recruited the wrong players too complement the forwards
No way will Canberra let Wighton go this season and next season he'll be 31. Don't think he's worth pursuing. When he loses a big of speed.... and he's not a ball player.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I disagree the statistics show we don't make the hard yards we don't win the ruck area and are lacking 2 props. We have recruited so poorly because our current coach and board have no connection with the player managers and any decent players have been told to steer clear of us until our club and team culture issues can be addressed which in turn will make up a competitive top 8 team in the coming years. JW will never sign for us because no matter how good the money is the holy grail for every single player is to wear a championship ring before they retire and we most certainly can't offer that at the present time

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
I disagree the statistics show we don't make the hard yards we don't win the ruck area and are lacking 2 props. We have recruited so poorly because our current coach and board have no connection with the player managers and any decent players have been told to steer clear of us until our club and team culture issues can be addressed which in turn will make up a competitive top 8 team in the coming years. JW will never sign for us because no matter how good the money is the holy grail for every single player is to wear a championship ring before they retire and we most certainly can't offer that at the present time

I agree, st George is a mess , but I bet every board member at st George' and illwarra all have water Vries from there homes, I'm a country guy been member a long time, the club for such a world wide brand is hopeless, I bet the chairman is probably looking at his water views right now

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
A bit unlucky today. Thought Musgrove was tackled when Canberra stole the ball and scored. And Lomax's goal kicking. I know 3 of them were from out wide but he never looked like kicking them. I remember when he first came into first grade, he was a gun goal kicker.

But a good team, with a good coach, would have scored more than that. Canberra were pretty bad.

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
I agree, st George is a mess , but I bet every board member at st George' and illwarra all have water Vries from there homes, I'm a country guy been member a long time, the club for such a world wide brand is hopeless, I bet the chairman is probably looking at his water views righ

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I agree, st George is a mess , but I bet every board member at st George' and illwarra all have water Vries from there homes, I'm a country guy been member a long time, the club for such a world wide brand is hopeless, I bet the chairman is probably looking at his water views right now
The head office is so unprofessional compared with other clubs.

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
Chairman of st George looking at his ocean view says O well dear they boys got beat again shall we eat lobster again or should we get the help too bring the car around and step out, lol

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Chairman of st George looking at his ocean view says O well dear they boys got beat again shall we eat lobster again or should we get the help too bring the car around and step out, lol
I bet they don't have performance clauses. Otherwise they wouldn't be getting paid.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Me too 53 yrs for me. I watched us win in 77 and 79 and in 2010 I travel the world and everyone knows our brand when I wear my gear overseas it's just so very sad

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I remember when he first came into first grade, he was a gun goal kicker.
Been a gun up til this season. Looks to be lacking confidence probably a reflection of how his playing form has been, up and down. The man must be so frustrated that the team is so inconsistent and as one of the senior players now he feels useless that he can not do anything to turn things around...

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The one positive we can take from our season to date is, that other than the Sharkies and Broncs, we have been in the contest in all our games, It is our own ability to lose due to poor discipline at a crucial point that must be the most worrying for our coaching staff and FO.