Round 7 St George Illawarra vs Canberra

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
He played in the NSW Cup and was really good.
Lui- Tosa I mentioned earlier good enough to give him a run off the bench. Only problem is that he doesn't really have the size he is like the Molos good leg speed runs close to the ground. Perhaps a new coach may see and use him. Time will tell

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
Lui- Tosa I mentioned earlier good enough to give him a run off the bench. Only problem is that he doesn't really have the size he is like the Molos good leg speed runs close to the ground. Perhaps a new coach may see and use him. Time will tell
Yea for sure he deserves a crack

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Best for us. JDB and Bird were also good.
Look to me Bird does try hard especially in attack but he is a defensive liability he misses 5 tackles a game, you can't have forwards missing 5 tackles a game it's just not viable to be competitive

Eric

Staff
Look to me Bird does try hard especially in attack but he is a defensive liability he misses 5 tackles a game, you can't have forwards missing 5 tackles a game it's just not viable to be competitive
There's that as well.....
Most forward are built low too the ground, run like bulls, gone are the day now of tall forwards
I think he definitely deserves a chance.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Most forward are built low too the ground, run like bulls, gone are the day now of tall forwards
That's not what I meant. What I mean is and Lawrie is a prime example of this. He is not tall but ran too upright making it easier to stop him and push him back. He changed his running style last season lowering his centre of gravity making him much more difficult to tackle hence instead of running 65m a game he started running 100m plus a game consistently. That's what I mean no matter how tall a forward is if you can develop your running style to lower your centre of gravity you will make ground.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
a attacking 5/8 st George would be top 4 with a player like jack wighton, and he's available
We have one in Junior Amone but seems a stop on his elusive line running has been ordered by our coach as he is trying to turn him into a play maker. Wighton is being offered 1.2 by his club, reckon we can get anywhere near that when we already have Hunt on 850k for next three years and others on big wages that are undeserved.