Round 8: Anzac Day Game vs Sydney Rorters

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
TBH it's even worse than that looks. He is supposed to be a playmaker rather than a ball runner but his playmaking sills are almost non-existent. He catches and passes. He caught teams out twice by dummying and running but not that trick has now expired as well.
Well, he has 1 try assist, has made 4 tackle breaks, 4 line breaks, 0 offloads, has scored 2 tries . Even in my day he wouldn't be playing 1st grade and would be struggling to play reserves but if you accept that standard well sobeit

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
So Kyle got his second coaches award for his efforts in the ANZAC game.
Which was the first?
Dolphins game
So every time the team gets flogged, Kyle gets coaches award. Maybe there is something in that a skilled psychiatrist could get to the bottom of. He wants to look after his son. I get that. But he isn't going to do it by getting sacked and having no influence left in the game. He should try and get him a job in the ESL and if there are no takers there, start transitioning him for a career in the game off the field.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Well, he has 1 try assist, has made 4 tackle breaks, 4 line breaks, 0 offloads, has scored 2 tries . Even in my day he wouldn't be playing 1st grade and would be struggling to play reserves but if you accept that standard well sobeit
And how did our other super star go our Captain not much said about him ...... ? and the rest of the team must have been bad ......

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
And how did our other super star go our Captain not much said about him ...... ? and the rest of the team must have been bad ......
They were all bad except JDB and Su'a but Kyle has been bad for 5 seasons at 3 clubs. He has started off for us as best as I've seen him but even that is very average at best. Even in the games we won, I bet he didn't trouble the Dally M points. And last week, when he won the coaches award, he was terrible!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well Cpt stat's were in attack he made 10 runs, for a mammoth 38m, 3m post contact metres, made 4 tackle busts, kicking game 13 kicks, 416m, but in defence made 6 tackles, missed 5.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
They were all bad except JDB and Su'a but Kyle has been bad for 5 seasons at 3 clubs. He has started off for us as best as I've seen him but even that is very average at best. Even in the games we won, I bet he didn't trouble the Dally M points. And last week, when he won the coaches award, he was terrible!
Understand that he is average at best , but why is it nothing much is said about our captain chief play maker Million dollar man , if anything I thought Kyle played better and made a couple of desperate tackles ....... How many did the Sook make and how many running meters did he run ? Everyone is forgetting everything comes off Hunt , so before we bag young Flanno there is a LOT OF HIGH PROFILE PLAYERS THAT HAVE BEEN UNDER PERFORMING FOR YEARS ........

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Understand that he is average at best , but why is it nothing much is said about our captain chief play maker Million dollar man , if anything I thought Kyle played better and made a couple of desperate tackles ....... How many did the Sook make and how many running meters did he run ? Everyone is forgetting everything comes off Hunt , so before we bag young Flanno there is a LOT OF HIGH PROFILE PLAYERS THAT HAVE BEEN UNDER PERFORMING FOR YEARS ........
True but I think we can agree Hunt does play well from time to time. Against Tigers he was good. Didn't stand out in other games and is overrated and overpaid. No argument from me there. But that doesn't change anything about Kyle not being a first grade player in any position. Not even close. If not for his dad, I bet he'd be struggling to get a game in the NSW Cup.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
True but I think we can agree Hunt does play well from time to time. Against Tigers he was good. Didn't stand out in other games and is overrated and overpaid. No argument from me there. But that doesn't change anything about Kyle not being a first grade player in any position. Not even close. If not for his dad, I bet he'd be struggling to get a game in the NSW Cup.
Agree how many first grade games has Hunt had compared to Flanno ? Not going all out to defend Flanno but when we have a season half doing not any better in a big loss we can't blame just one half ....... Anyway I have had my say I'll leave it at that .......

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Agree how many first grade games has Hunt had compared to Flanno ? Not going all out to defend Flanno but when we have a season half doing not any better in a big loss we can't blame just one half ....... Anyway I have had my say I'll leave it at that .......
TBH, I think Hunt is around the 5th or 6th best halfback in the competition. Cleary, Moses, SJ, DCE, Hughes (just). This year he might have slipped down the list a bit further. Katoa for the Dolphins for example is impressive. Kyle Flanagan is I think the worst 5/8 in the competition and as I said about struggling to get a NSW Cup game if not for his dad.

So that's a pretty big difference even if I agree Hunt doens't cop near enough criticism. I said during last weeks game for example, it was unfair Lomax was copping it for the flick pass Hunt dropped which led to a Roosters try. Commentators and posters on this forum were giving it to Lomax. I thought it was Hunt's fault. There was nothing wrong with the pass. The only problem was Hunt thinking what he was going to do with the ball before he caught it.

So I get where you are coming from regarding Hunt. I agree. But that doesn't change the fact about Kyle one iota. He isn't first grade standard. 3 coaches saw it before his dad picked him up off the NRL scrapheap to play for the Dragons. If Hunt became a free agent, even now he'd be getting plenty of offers within the hour.

Last edited:

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
TBH, I think Hunt is around the 5th or 6th best halfback in the competition. Cleary, Moses, SJ, DCE, Hughes (just). This year he might have slipped down the list a bit further. Katoa for the Dolphins for example is impressive. Kyle Flanagan is I think the worst 5/8 in the competition and as I said about struggling to get a NSW Cup game if not for his dad.

So that's a pretty big difference even if I agree Hunt doens't cop near enough criticism. I said during last weeks game for example, it was unfair Lomax was copping it for the flick pass Hunt dropped which led to a Roosters try. Commentators and posters on this forum were giving it to Lomax. I thought it was Hunt's fault. There was nothing wrong with the pass. The only problem was Hunt thinking what he was going to do with the ball before he caught it.

So I get where you are coming from regarding Hunt. I agree. But that doesn't change the fact about Kyle one iota. He isn't first grade standard. 3 coaches saw it before his dad picked him up off the NRL scrapheap to play for the Dragons. If Hunt became a free agent, even now he'd be getting plenty of offers within the hour.
In defence of Hunt, he has had a hard time since coming to the Dragons. We haven't had a good forward pack in how long? Last good prop we had was Mick Weyman. Jammer was still ok but well passed his best when he joined the Dragons.

I know some would say Lawrie is a good prop but I mean Origin or fringe Origin prop.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
In defence of Hunt, he has had a hard time since coming to the Dragons. We haven't had a good forward pack in how long? Last good prop we had was Mick Weyman. Jammer was still ok but well passed his best when he joined the Dragons.

I know some would say Lawrie is a good prop but I mean Origin or fringe Origin prop.
Are you forgetting the BBQ king, Paul Vaughan? 🥩

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Are you forgetting the BBQ king, Paul Vaughan? 🥩
Good point. He went pretty good for about a year. I think it was the first year. But I think everyone agrees the pack has been quite bad for a while. The year before JDB was suspended with him, Frizell, BBQ King, McInnes was going ok. At that time the outside backs were a joke. Dufty, Lafai, Periara, Can't remember the rest though Lomax was 18 and just starting to get a some NRL time.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Good point. He went pretty good for about a year. I think it was the first year. But I think everyone agrees the pack has been quite bad for a while. The year before JDB was suspended with him, Frizell, BBQ King, McInnes was going ok. At that time the outside backs were a joke. Dufty, Lafai, Periara, Can't remember the rest though Lomax was 18 and just starting to get a some NRL time.
Was a good pack with LAM and Graham props, Frizz and Tariq second row and JDB lock. Hunt had a good year also that year. Nene McDonald was the other winger.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Was a good pack with LAM and Graham props, Frizz and Tariq second row and JDB lock. Hunt had a good year also that year. Nene McDonald was the other winger.
We PICKED UP A COUPLE OF PLAYERS THIS YEAR , BUT LAST YEARS TEAM WOULD HAVE TO GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS FIELDED , PLUS THE HOOK TEAM OF PENSIONERS ........

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
This year's team is a little better. Just so slow in the backs.
Need one high quality prop. Though with Frank Molo, both Couchmans, JDB and Sele or Lawrie in the middle rotation, I think it's not too bad at all.
Need one more decent but fast centre. I'd say Suli and Bird are decent but not fast.
Need a decent 5/8.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Need one high quality prop. Though with Frank Molo, both Couchmans, JDB and Sele or Lawrie in the middle rotation, I think it's not too bad at all.
Need one more decent but fast centre. I'd say Suli and Bird are decent but not fast.
Need a decent 5/8.
And 7 .......

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Need a decent 5/8.
Don't forget Luciano ..........