Round 8 vs Wests Tigers

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So you did go down into the sheds and lay down the law to coach Griffin last week:oops:?
No just know the game .I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but he is doing exactly what I would be. I like what I see. Let's see how Sims rises to the occasion today he has big shoes to fill in Sua's

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
No just know the game .I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but he is doing exactly what I would be. I like what I see. Let's see how Sims rises to the occasion today he has big shoes to fill in Sua's
I just think Mbye at fullback is going to cost us. If the coach is still unhappy with Sloan, I don't have a problem with it. Let him get used to the open age group in the NSW Cup is fine but in that case, need give Ramsey a go at fullback.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I just think Mbye at fullback is going to cost us. If the coach is still unhappy with Sloan, I don't have a problem with it. Let him get used to the open age group in the NSW Cup is fine but in that case, need give Ramsey a go at fullback.
Look when players come back from injuries or form slumps I never rushed them back into the game. I believe the game is now split 50/50 in regards to physical and mental well-being. Confidence is a vital factor in any professional sport especially league where the physical game is most probably right up there with the hardest sports. Ramsay, Sloan and Amone need time blooding them last season was a bonus for the club. They are still our future. Mbye was very good in the last 2 weeks give credit where credit is due in my view.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Look when players come back from injuries or form slumps I never rushed them back into the game. I believe the game is now split 50/50 in regards to physical and mental well-being. Confidence is a vital factor in any professional sport especially league where the physical game is most probably right up there with the hardest sports. Ramsay, Sloan and Amone need time blooding them last season was a bonus for the club. They are still our future. Mbye was very good in the last 2 weeks give credit where credit is due in my view.
I'm just not sure about Mbye. I thought he was poor the last few weeks.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm just not sure about Mbye. I thought he was poor the last few weeks.
He organised our defence against the roosters last week I was there he did well. On another note I stated in another post we can't afford to play injured players and Bird is out Amone in Sullivan off bench. That's exactly what I predicted seeing Sullivan name last week.

Eric

Staff
Sullivan's try was a really good indicator of what this side is missing. Or at least one thing this side is missing. Speed and an attacking threat out of dummy half.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Sullivan's try was a really good indicator of what this side is missing. Or at least one thing this side is missing. Speed and an attacking threat out of dummy half.
I agree he will get his chance to shine with Sloan come origin time.

Eric

Staff
In my view, Ben Hunt is trying to do too much on his own. Amone has an excellent kicking game. Let him kick from time to time.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
In my view, Ben Hunt is trying to do too much on his own. Amone has an excellent kicking game. Let him kick from time to time.
After closely watching Amone in the last 2 season’s there is no doubt that he is playing to the coaches instructions. Now obviously to stay in this team he has to comply. In my view he shaped his original game very similar to Benji Marshall and that can be a match winner but not what the coach wants out of him right now. It's sad because you can over coach a prodigy. Just my views.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
After closely watching Amone in the last 2 season’s there is no doubt that he is playing to the coaches instructions. Now obviously to stay in this team he has to comply. In my view he shaped his original game very similar to Benji Marshall and that can be a match winner but not what the coach wants out of him right now. It's sad because you can over coach a prodigy. Just my views.
I agree with this.

The biggest question for me out of tonight's game is whether the defence is really good or just that the Tigers attack is poor or, the most likely, some combination of the two. Looking forward to Melbourne next week not because I think they will win but because of the indication of where we are vs the top teams.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I agree with this.

The biggest question for me out of tonight's game is whether the defence is really good or just that the Tigers attack is poor or, the most likely, some combination of the two. Looking forward to Melbourne next week not because I think they will win but because of the indication of where we are vs the top teams.
Well the stats indicate that we have let in 34 points in the last 3 games so 11 points a game. If we can continue to do similar to that going forwards we will be playing semi finals football this season

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Well the stats indicate that we have let in 34 points in the last 3 games so 11 points a game. If we can continue to do similar to that going forwards we will be playing semi finals football this season
Against 3 teams which probably won't make the top 8. Two which certainly won't make the top 8. The Sydney Rorters may yet sneak in but they are on the slide.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Am I the only one critical of Mbye last 3 min? It was a routine bomb. A fullbacks job to take those kicks but he let it bounce and then took the ball dead when the nearest Tigers player was 10m away!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Against 3 teams which probably won't make the top 8. Two which certainly won't make the top 8. The Sydney Rorters may yet sneak in but they are on the slide.
Again your hard to please. I'm glad I wasn't coaching if you were President of the club. Lol. The big test is next week against the storm. Everyone expects that they will put another 40 or 50 points on us. I'm willing to say that being realistic yes at the present moment we will not beat them and yes it hurt us yesterday without Sua, because the stats show that Sims didn't stand up yesterday as hoped, he and JDB were quite ordinary in their hit ups and metres run and we missed 50 tackles with the forward pack missing 32. If that happens next week then they will put 50 plus on us but I'm betting that all they will concentrating on this week are the tackling bags. If we do lose I would be happy if we can keep them to a 18 point margin as in the last 3 weeks they have averaged 54 points a game and that is the margin they beat the sharks by.