Round 8 vs Wests Tigers

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
*No.3 fan.

I knew who he was. Just didn't realise he was any good. He's like Jackson Ford in the sense if he was 10kgs heavier with the same ability he has now, he'd be a superstar.
Saw that Jackson Ford was 18th man yesterday

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Again your hard to please. I'm glad I wasn't coaching if you were President of the club. Lol. The big test is next week against the storm. Everyone expects that they will put another 40 or 50 points on us. I'm willing to say that being realistic yes at the present moment we will not beat them and yes it hurt us yesterday without Sua, because the stats show that Sims didn't stand up yesterday as hoped, he and JDB were quite ordinary in their hit ups and metres run and we missed 50 tackles with the forward pack missing 32. If that happens next week then they will put 50 plus on us but I'm betting that all they will concentrating on this week are the tackling bags. If we do lose I would be happy if we can keep them to a 18 point margin as in the last 3 weeks they have averaged 54 points a game and that is the margin they beat the sharks by.
Sims should be retiring at the end of this year. He'll ruin his legacy playing a year too long.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Again your hard to please. I'm glad I wasn't coaching if you were President of the club. Lol. The big test is next week against the storm. Everyone expects that they will put another 40 or 50 points on us. I'm willing to say that being realistic yes at the present moment we will not beat them and yes it hurt us yesterday without Sua, because the stats show that Sims didn't stand up yesterday as hoped, he and JDB were quite ordinary in their hit ups and metres run and we missed 50 tackles with the forward pack missing 32. If that happens next week then they will put 50 plus on us but I'm betting that all they will concentrating on this week are the tackling bags. If we do lose I would be happy if we can keep them to a 18 point margin as in the last 3 weeks they have averaged 54 points a game and that is the margin they beat the sharks by.
I'm not "hard to please". I just want the team to win. Sneaking into the top 8 isn't enough. I want them to be premiership contenders.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Sims should be retiring at the end of this year. He'll ruin his legacy playing a year too long.
Melbourne wouldn't be wasting their time and money on a player that they feel has a lot more to offer than he has shown so far in the last 2 seasons with us

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm not "hard to please". I just want the team to win. Sneaking into the top 8 isn't enough. I want them to be premiership contenders.
All in good jest I assure you. Timeline for being actual contenders is 3 to 5 yrs from the start of Griffith signing. So at least another 2 yrs to wait im afraid 😨

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Too good an organisation. They don't make mistakes in my view
First time for everything. In all seriousness, he's going to be 33 for the duration of his time in Melbourne and in my view, there are already very clear signs his form is on the slide. I think he's going to spend most of his time playing in the QLD Cup next year.

Eric

Staff
First time for everything. In all seriousness, he's going to be 33 for the duration of his time in Melbourne and in my view, there are already very clear signs his form is on the slide. I think he's going to spend most of his time playing in the QLD Cup next year.
I've been a staunch supporter of Sims but I agree it looks like he is pretty clearly on the slide. He beat a defender with footwork yesterday which was good but other than that, he doesn't seem to offer any problem for opposition defenders with power running. Maybe Melbourne can get another good year out of him. While I don't wish anything good for Melbourne, I wish good luck to Sims personally. I'm more interested in who the club has earmarked to be in the backrow with Su'A.

Eric

Staff
10 is a perfect game and 0 is perfectly bad and rated for the time they were on, regardless of how long they played.
  1. Moses Mbye - 5 Pretty much as expected. Didn't do anything really good or bad.
  2. Mat Feagai - 6 Needs to get more involved. Always bends the line when he hits the ball up.
  3. Moses Suli - 7 Was a danger out there.
  4. Zac Lomax 7 As above.
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa 8 Got through a lot of work.
  6. Talatau Amone 6 Ran the ball a little more. I didn't hear the commentary but was told Shane Flanagan eluded to Hunt trying to do too much himself.
  7. Ben Hunt (c) 7 Was good but really needs to trust other players in the team. Lomax for dropouts, Amone for some kicks in general play and etc.
  8. Francis Molo 8 I think he was on a long time. Haven't seen the stats but I image his were good.
  9. Andrew McCullough 6 Solid, dependable. Wouldn't have scored that try Sullivan scored.
  10. George Burgess 6 Went forward well a few times early on but was he injured?
  11. Tariq Sims 6 Same as McCullough. Didn't do anything bad or really good.
  12. Josh McGuire 7 Went forward and tackled well.
  13. Jack de Belin 7 As above but ad he passing. No offloads yesterday.
Interchange:
14. Jayden Sullivan 7 Showed what we are missing at dummy half.
15. Blake Lawrie 7 Haven't seen the stats but I think he did pretty well.
16. Aaron Woods 6 As above but I think he was involved less.
17. Tyrell Fuimaono 7 As above but I think he was involved more.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Moses Mbye - 4 It was a regulation bomb at the end that fullbacks simply have to take.
  2. Mat Feagai - 6
  3. Moses Suli - 7
  4. Zac Lomax 6 He tried a flick pass that wasn't on again. Luckily it was touched by a defender.
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa 8
  6. Talatau Amone 5 Defensive struggles continue.
  7. Ben Hunt (c) 9 He may well need to delegate more but was the most dangerous in attack and excellent in defence.
  8. Francis Molo 8
  9. Andrew McCullough 5 Too slow.
  10. George Burgess 6
  11. Tariq Sims 6
  12. Josh McGuire 7
  13. Jack de Belin 7
Interchange:
14. Jayden Sullivan 7
15. Blake Lawrie 6
16. Aaron Woods 5
17. Tyrell Fuimaono 7

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Moses Mbye - 4
  2. Mat Feagai - 6
  3. Moses Suli - 6
  4. Zac Lomax 6
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa 7
  6. Talatau Amone 5
  7. Ben Hunt (c) 8
  8. Francis Molo 8
  9. Andrew McCullough 4
  10. George Burgess 5
  11. Tariq Sims 6
  12. Josh McGuire 7
  13. Jack de Belin 7
Interchange:
14. Jayden Sullivan 7
15. Blake Lawrie 6
16. Aaron Woods 5
17. Tyrell Fuimaono 6

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Mbye - 5
Feigai - 6
Lomax - 6
Suli - 8
Rav - 7
Amone - 6
Hunt - 8
Molo - 8
McCullough - 6
Burgess - 5
Sims - 5
Mcguire - 8
JDB - 6
Sullivan - 7
Lawrie - 8
Woods- 5
Fuimaono - 7

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I just think you are all being too generous. Forwards were allowing them to march up the field so easily. Backs didn't score tries or make breaks.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Defensive effort again was what actually won us the game same as last week.
Goal line defence and scrambling defence was good but not as the Tigers threw a lot at them. But how many attacking kicks did Tigers do? Seemed like every set ended in an attacking kick.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Goal line defence and scrambling defence was good but not as the Tigers threw a lot at them. But how many attacking kicks did Tigers do? Seemed like every set ended in an attacking kick.
Credit where credit is due. This is identical to the way Bennett coached us in 2009 - 2010 years defence 1st attack will come and we managed to win a premiership. If the plan goes to plan I hope to be watching the Dragons in another GF no later than 2024.

Eric

Staff
Credit where credit is due. This is identical to the way Bennett coached us in 2009 - 2010 years defence 1st attack will come and we managed to win a premiership. If the plan goes to plan I hope to be watching the Dragons in another GF no later than 2024.
Hmmmm at times yesterday, the defence through the middle seemed paper thin.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Hmmmm at times yesterday, the defence through the middle seemed paper thin.
It was awful in the middle up the field. Thank god the online defence was excellent. I did say the forwards missed 32 tackles out of the 50, thank god it wasn't in the red zone (tryline - 20m line). The online defence mindset needs to be replicated in the opposition's half of the field when that happens we will be competitive because we do have the strike power to score. Both the Warriors and Knights showed what happens when you miss tackles and allow the Storm hooker and play makers so much time that they could have stopped and ordered a ride on uber. We can't afford to allow that to happen

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
It was awful in the middle up the field. Thank god the online defence was excellent. I did say the forwards missed 32 tackles out of the 50, thank god it wasn't in the red zone (tryline - 20m line). The online defence mindset needs to be replicated in the opposition's half of the field when that happens we will be competitive because we do have the strike power to score. Both the Warriors and Knights showed what happens when you miss tackles and allow the Storm hooker and play makers so much time that they could have stopped and ordered a ride on uber. We can't afford to allow that to happen
Who missed the most tackles?