Round 8 vs Wests Tigers

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Who missed the most tackles?
Hunt did with 9 but that is expected because you run at the opposition's playmaker, in saying that I am worried about his missed tackle count it needs to improve. Next was Amone on 5 see the pattern there? My concern though is the tackles missed by the forwards the main offender's are the usual suspects, Lawrie missing 7

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
First time for everything. In all seriousness, he's going to be 33 for the duration of his time in Melbourne and in my view, there are already very clear signs his form is on the slide. I think he's going to spend most of his time playing in the QLD Cup next year.
I disagree

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Disagree he is on the slide? You think he's just not trying so hard?
I have said this before, for a player who can play in the NSW SOO team, in my view watching him and looking at his stats playing for us it is entirely a different player. He has been ordinary at best and last season when we really needed him he went missing and if I was coaching he wouldn't have been in the run on side. He was ordinary yesterday as well. He may play well against his new team mates next week time will tell

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I have said this before, for a player who can play in the NSW SOO team, in my view watching him and looking at his stats playing for us it is entirely a different player. He has been ordinary at best and last season when we really needed him he went missing and if I was coaching he wouldn't have been in the run on side. He was ordinary yesterday as well. He may play well against his new team mates next week time will tell
So just not trying so hard? To be honest, I find that hard to believe. He's surely a professional. But then again, the stats don't lie. Maybe we can meet halfway? He's sliding a little and not putting in 100% effort.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So just not trying so hard? To be honest, I find that hard to believe. He's surely a professional. But then again, the stats don't lie. Maybe we can meet halfway? He's sliding a little and not putting in 100% effort.
In my opinion and the stats confirm my views he has been an underachiever for the Dragons in the last 2 seasons. Last season he made 5 line breaks in 21 games really? Averaged 10 runs a game 90m a game so never made the 100m you need from players with his ability. Averaged 33 tackles and he is a SOO player? Give me a break it's poor in my view and I'd be expecting better efforts from such a highly rated player

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
In my opinion and the stats confirm my views he has been an underachiever for the Dragons in the last 2 seasons. Last season he made 5 line breaks in 21 games really? Averaged 10 runs a game 90m a game so never made the 100m you need from players with his ability. Averaged 33 tackles and he is a SOO player? Give me a break it's poor in my view and I'd be expecting better efforts from such a highly rated player
So in your opinion he isn't sliding but not trying as hard as he can?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So in your opinion he isn't sliding but not trying as hard as he can?
He is and has been playing like a player who has lost his passion for the club because of the uncertainty of staying or leaving contract negotiations. It's only human nature that he just hasn't and still isn't playing at 100%. Mark my words you will see a different player in Storm colours next year.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
He is and has been playing like a player who has lost his passion for the club because of the uncertainty of staying or leaving contract negotiations. It's only human nature that he just hasn't and still isn't playing at 100%. Mark my words you will see a different player in Storm colours next year.
Ok. I hope you're wrong but we'll see.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Personally I didn't realise he was so bad. No wonder some people were making such a noise when he was selected for NSW.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Personally I didn't realise he was so bad. No wonder some people were making such a noise when he was selected for NSW.
He was not bad for the blues but back in the Red v he has been ordinary at best. Someone smart in the Storm recruitment group has identified this, that he is playing unhappy and without the ferocity he was once famous for and decided its still there and they can squeeze another 2 seasons out of him at top level. Just you wait and see next season. I'm hoping I'm wrong and will happily admit it but I doubt it.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
He was not bad for the blues but back in the Red v he has been ordinary at best. Someone smart in the Storm recruitment group has identified this, that he is playing unhappy and without the ferocity he was once famous for and decided its still there and they can squeeze another 2 seasons out of him at top level. Just you wait and see next season. I'm hoping I'm wrong and will happily admit it but I doubt it.
Didn't you say his stats have been bad for a few years. He was only rejected for an extension in hte second half of the season last year.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
He was good for NSW. No question at all. Must have been close to MoM in the first game in particular. But a lot of people were critical of him getting picked in the first place.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Didn't you say his stats have been bad for a few years. He was only rejected for an extension in hte second half of the season last year.
Last season and this season I was making the comparison. My view is Sims has 2 more good years in him in an environment and team he believes can deliver him a GF win, he feels a bit dissolutioned by the club hence his ordinary stats, now he has signed for the storm he wont want to be injured and will play that way for us for the rest of this season. If the club sticks to Griffin plan we will scramble into the 8 this year become more competitive next year looking at a top 6 finish and in 2025 being a good chance to make the GF. That's how I see it but just my views.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The Storm only signed Sims for one year.