Sounds Bad

Eric

Staff

Expert predictions for ladder, where every team will finish​

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

The fact they have so much talent on the way up suggests the Dragons are a side that should not be counted out heading into the new year. It certainly wouldn’t surprise to see them jag a spot in the bottom half of the eight, and if they don’t then they’ve probably underachieved.

But in saying that there’s still no denying this squad’s best football is probably a couple of years away when you factor in age and experience of some of this young talent.

Finish the last five years

• 2022: 10th
  • 2021: 11th
  • 2020: 12th
  • 2019: 15th
  • 2018: 7th

2023 odds

• Premiership: $41
  • Minor premiership: $81
  • To make grand final: $19
  • Top four: $12
  • Top eight: $3.75
  • Most losses: $8

Again, what "young talent" are they talking about? This is Sullivan's 3rd year in the top 30 and he's still behind Mybe. Sloan has a lot of potential but still hasn't cemented his spot in first grade. Ditto for the Feagai's. We have Lomax and Griffin went out and picked up Suli out of the NSW Cup on a big money deal in the Feagai's best position. Except for those 4 and Amone being stood down, this is almost certainly the oldest squad in the competition. Probably is even with those 4.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Expert predictions for ladder, where every team will finish​

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

The fact they have so much talent on the way up suggests the Dragons are a side that should not be counted out heading into the new year. It certainly wouldn’t surprise to see them jag a spot in the bottom half of the eight, and if they don’t then they’ve probably underachieved.

But in saying that there’s still no denying this squad’s best football is probably a couple of years away when you factor in age and experience of some of this young talent.

Finish the last five years

• 2022: 10th
  • 2021: 11th
  • 2020: 12th
  • 2019: 15th
  • 2018: 7th

2023 odds

• Premiership: $41
  • Minor premiership: $81
  • To make grand final: $19
  • Top four: $12
  • Top eight: $3.75
  • Most losses: $8

Again, what "young talent" are they talking about? This is Sullivan's 3rd year in the top 30 and he's still behind Mybe. Sloan has a lot of potential but still hasn't cemented his spot in first grade. Ditto for the Feagai's. We have Lomax and Griffin went out and picked up Suli out of the NSW Cup on a big money deal in the Feagai's best position. Except for those 4 and Amone being stood down, this is almost certainly the oldest squad in the competition. Probably is even with those 4.
For a change, that prediction doesn't sound so bad. Neither do the odds. I think the top teams are about 2~4$ to make the top 4. There is no way Dragons are going to make the top 4 this year.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
For a change, that prediction doesn't sound so bad. Neither do the odds. I think the top teams are about 2~4$ to make the top 4. There is no way Dragons are going to make the top 4 this year.
NQ went from being a basket case in 2021 to top 4 last year.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
NQ went from being a basket case in 2021 to top 4 last year.
They had a stack of good, young players already with first grade experience and recruited well. i.e. not from players the last and second last placed teams no longer wanted. But you never know. Maybe everyone will be surprised and that's why the top 4 odds are as they are.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
You would think the Dolphins because they lack depth but I'm not so sure, the bookies suggest it will be them
If they have a lot of injuries, probably right.
My money is on the Tigers for the spoon. They have a vision and are building for the future as shown by letting go of long-term top 30 players who just weren't cutting it, Musgrove and Liddle and promoting young players but I think they are in for another year of pain.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
My money is on the Tigers for the spoon. They have a vision and are building for the future as shown by letting go of long-term top 30 players who just weren't cutting it, Musgrove and Liddle and promoting young players but I think they are in for another year of pain.
Newcastle might be a good bet for the spoon. Ponga is a far better fullback than 5/8.