St George Illawarra vs Sydney Roosters Round 7

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What the Gold Coast coach said round 1 is absolutely true. How could that not be at least 10 in the bin?
Every week that is a reportable offence, contact with the head and 10 if not a straight send off. I agree with both coaches it is sending inconsistent messages to everyone including the players

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Every week that is a reportable offence, contact with the head and 10 if not a straight send off. I agree with both coaches it is sending inconsistent messages to everyone including the players
My biggest problem is not the inconsistency between such incidents but the inconsistency between teams. It's always the Rorters and Melbourne which get away with it.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
In regards to this particular tackle what you are looking for is intent. Did the player carrying the ball contribute in some way . I. E. Fall into the tackle etc. In this instance the offender had fallen back 30 to 40m to collect a possible 5th tackle kick he had time to react. His reaction was a deliberate foul tackle contacting the head of a player with force. The rule is quite clear here there is no discretion he should at the very least have been binned if not a straight send off. Whomever in the bunker cleared that foul play should not be officiating next week in my view