Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I wanted NSW to win so didn't watch Ben Hunt especially close but according to his Origin player ratings by the media, he's one of the best hookers in the game.

9. BEN HUNT 9.5

Huge defensive effort in the first half but fatigue started to set in right before half time when he threw a poor pass to Tino Fa’asuamaleaui. His class was evident in the second half when he came up with a one-on-one steal, kicked a 40/20 and then charged down a Nathan Cleary bomb to run 60-odd metres to score the series-sealing try.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I wanted NSW to win so didn't watch Ben Hunt especially close but according to his Origin player ratings by the media, he's one of the best hookers in the game.

9. BEN HUNT 9.5

Huge defensive effort in the first half but fatigue started to set in right before half time when he threw a poor pass to Tino Fa’asuamaleaui. His class was evident in the second half when he came up with a one-on-one steal, kicked a 40/20 and then charged down a Nathan Cleary bomb to run 60-odd metres to score the series-sealing try.
Probably slightly flattering. The 40/20 and the steal and the try were all game-changing but perhaps his control of the ruck area and playmaking from dummy half didn't warrant 9.5. Assuming the score if out of 10.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Your resident SOO party pooper here. War of the states, footbrawl, thugfest, hospital ward, call it what you will. Three serious concussions in the first ten minutes tells the story. Thank goodness another SOO is over and clubs will now pick up the pieces of another fractured season. Those Canies pulling off the unwinnable with men down. The Blues could take a leaf from the playing book of those most hated gladiators north of the border when it comes to winning against the odds. Now the dust has settled let us hope those picked for the Kangaroos, and a majority will be Canies as always the case for the SOO winner, that they play with the same blood-spilling passion for the green and gold in the world cup.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Your resident SOO party pooper here. Footbrawl, thugfest, hospital ward, call it what you will. Thank goodness another SOO is over and clubs will now pick up the pieces of another fractured season. Three serious concussions in the first five minutes tells the story. Those Canies pulling off the unwinnable with men down. The Blues could take a leaf from the playing book of those most hated gladiators north of the border when it comes to winning against the odds. Now the dust has settled let us hope those picked for the Kangaroos, and a majority will be Canies as always the case for the SOO winner, that they play with the same passion for the green and gold in the world cup.
I'm usually an Origin fan and I be disappointed if a number of Dragons players had shockers and NSW lost as a result.

As is, don't really care but I still prefer NSW win.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I'm usually an Origin fan and I be disappointed if a number of Dragons players had shockers and NSW lost as a result.

As is, don't really care but I still prefer NSW win.
I have an ally. Good for you RedV01 RedV01. "if a number of Dragons players had shockers." Possibly if any had played. Not a single man in the series. JDB should have been there. Next year Jack. Our only rep was in the enemy camp, our skipper Ben Hunt.. who by all accounts had a good match for the Maroons.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I have an ally. Good for you RedV01 RedV01. "a number of Dragons players had shockers." Possibly if any had played. Not a single man in the series. JDB should have been there. Next year Jack. Our only rep was in the enemy camp, our skipper Ben Hunt.. who by all accounts had a good match for the Maroons.
if a number of Dragons players had shockers👻

Eric

Staff
I have an ally. Good for you RedV01 RedV01. "a number of Dragons players had shockers." Possibly if any had played. Not a single man in the series. JDB should have been there. Next year Jack. Our only rep was in the enemy camp, our skipper Ben Hunt.. who by all accounts had a good match for the Maroons.
JDB would have cut down very quickly those "workman-like" QLD forwards who marched forward again and again .

Ben Hunt is having a banner year for sure. He'll probably be starting hooker for Australia. If there are any test matches this year.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
My NSW player ratings:
  1. James Tedesco: 6 - Played for himself, not the team.
  2. Brian To’o: 6 - Not bad.
  3. Matt Burton: 5 - Average.
  4. Stephen Crichton: 4 - Poor
  5. Daniel Tupou: 2 - Lucky he didn't get hooked. Cost NSW the game, IMO
  6. Jarome Luai: 6 - One bad mistake but I rate him as a player.
  7. Nathan Cleary: 5 - flat track bully.
  8. Junior Paulo: 8 - Probably NSW best.
  9. Api Koroisau: 7 - Just behind Paulo. Should have stayed on for 80min.
  10. Jake Trbojevic: 6 - Tried hard. Not much impact.
  11. Cameron Murray: N/A
  12. Liam Martin: 5 - Drastically overrated.
  13. Isaah Yeo: 6 - Average
  14. Damien Cook: 4 - Origin days are over
  15. Angus Crichton: 7 - Sign him up please!!!
  16. Jacob Saifiti: 7 - Surprised me. Played well.
  17. Siosifa Talakai: 5 - A few good things and a few bad things.
And as a footnote:
  • Ben Hunt: 9 - Ponga had a blinder and deserved MoM but Hunt was just behind him.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
My NSW player ratings:
And as a footnote:
  • Ben Hunt: 9 - Ponga had a blinder and deserved MoM but Hunt was just behind him.
Not bad but I'd mark them all down one except Angus Crighton. No mistakes, no missed tackles I saw, kept making metres, think he stayed on for 79min.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
My NSW player ratings:
And as a footnote:
Not bad but I'd mark them all down one except Angus Crighton. No mistakes, no missed tackles I saw, kept making metres, think he stayed on for 79min.
I agree with RedV01 RedV01 except for Ben Hunt. 9.5 for sure. He couldn't have done much more.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He'll probably be starting hooker for Australia.
Eric Eric, Hunt has the second worst missed tackle record in the NRL It was the worst until recently. You need a strong defender at dummy half. Still QLD keep playing him there in Origin so they must be satisfied with his defensive capabilities..

Eric

Staff
Eric Eric, Hunt has the second worst missed tackle record in the NRL It was the worst until recently. You need a strong defender at dummy half. Still QLD keep playing him there in Origin so they must be satisfied with his defensive capabilities..
True. It's hard to judge him as a starting hooker because that is obviously not the position he plays in the NRL but for the last 3 years he has excelled in Origin as either a starting hooker or off the bench.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
May be worth having a crack at your preferred Australian World Cup squad over on the Kangaroo thread now that the main trial is over..