RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I've had it with that f**k Brad Fittler!!

Jordam McClean in the team and Jacob Saifiti in the squad beat our de Belin! I definitely hope NSW lose and get flogged!

Eric

Staff

Jordam McClean in the team and Jacob Saifiti in the squad beat our de Belin! I definitely hope NSW lose and get flogged!
Tariq Sims is a good friend of Fittler. Fittler is angry about the Dragons not offering him an extension and he is getting his revenge.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

I am a big fan of JDB but seriously putting my coaches hat on starting at prop in origin is a big no. The stats don't lie McLean avg 11 runs a games @ 115m , JDB is not in my opinion a prop he is a lock you cannot in all clear conscience pick JDB as a prop in the state team. 3 weeks ago we played the Cowboys JDB tried very hard 14 runs 91m against a very good pack, whereas McLean made 12 runs for 144m just based on the go forward you have to select McLean in my humble opinion. I'd love to see JDB back wearing the state jersey but not as a prop against Qlds best.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I am a big fan of JDB but seriously putting my coaches hat on starting at prop in origin is a big no. The stats don't lie McLean avg 11 runs a games @ 115m , JDB is not in my opinion a prop he is a lock you cannot in all clear conscience pick JDB as a prop in the state team. 3 weeks ago we played the Cowboys JDB tried very hard 14 runs 91m against a very good pack, whereas McLean made 12 runs for 144m just based on the go forward you have to select McLean in my humble opinion. I'd love to see JDB back wearing the state jersey but not as a prop against Qlds best.
JDB's job is to hold the forwards together in defence, pass the ball out the back and make metres. McClean only has to make metres.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What is? Making metres only or a bit of everything. Or a lot of everything in the case of JDB.
In my day my lock would be a smaller more mobile forward that was my best tackler. His job was to be a link between the props and your halves . His job was to try and make mtrs on the edge of the middle of the park. His job was definitely not to cart the ball up on tackles 1 or 2 into the teeth of the engine room. In the defensive line being my best tackling forward his job was to protect and assist my playmaker . In a scrum his job was to ensure he quickly left the scrumbase at the back to cover the halfback or extra man peeling from the pack as an extra attacker. I know my day was long ago and nowdays anyone or his dog can pack into the scrum but I'm old fashioned. I wouldn't swap JDB with any other lock in the competition

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
In my day my lock would be a smaller more mobile forward that was my best tackler. His job was to be a link between the props and your halves . His job was to try and make mtrs on the edge of the middle of the park. His job was definitely not to cart the ball up on tackles 1 or 2 into the teeth of the engine room. In the defensive line being my best tackling forward his job was to protect and assist my playmaker . In a scrum his job was to ensure he quickly left the scrumbase at the back to cover the halfback or extra man peeling from the pack as an extra attacker. I know my day was long ago and nowdays anyone or his dog can pack into the scrum but I'm old fashioned. I wouldn't swap JDB with any other lock in the competition
I agree with that 200%.