The Australian Kangaroos.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Wanna see our halves give Lomax good clean and early ball so we can see how he goes with a decent distributor calling the shots. Also that our coach will give Sloan a permit to slip into a ball playing position on occasions. And please let us have wingers that stay put and put less pressure on our last lines of defense.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Tyrell Sloan (Dragons)
Thinking that if the ARLC condones the selection of Tyrell Sloan and in his club position, then much of the criticism the kid cops here is unwarranted. Perhaps they see, as I do, that his silky attacking skills offer far more upside than any defensive downside. Does Mal Meninga also have a say in the selection of this squad.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Any of you watch the match. How did our boys go, Lomax, Sloan Molo. Sloans blistering speed got him our last try. I was only able to catch the latter stages with the Kumuls coming home with a full sail.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Any of you watch the match. How did our boys go, Lomax, Sloan Molo. Sloans blistering speed got him our last try. I was only able to catch the latter stages with the Kumuls coming home with a full sail.
I watched it. Ben Hunt is a better hooker than halfback. Zac's goal kicking was good. During the call Flanno was again talking him up as a possible fullback which was interesting considering who the actual fullback in that team was.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I watched it. Ben Hunt is a better hooker than halfback. Zac's goal kicking was good. During the call Flanno was again talking him up as a possible fullback which was interesting considering who the actual fullback in that team was.
He might be better than Sloan but he's not fast enough to be a really good fullback. Flanno needs to stick with plan A. Give Sloan an off-season from hell to toughen him up.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Ben Hunt is a better hooker than halfback.
I dont like talking this bloke up anymore. But agree with you but dont want him in a #9 Kangaroo jumper. There are better.
He might be better than Sloan but he's not fast enough to be a really good fullback.
I dont agree about this lack of pace by Lomax you keep harping on about as mate there are few quicker than Sloan playing the game. What Zac may lack in sheer pace he makes up with brute power, good footwork and magic ball skills which sometimes do go awry. He is safe and sometimes brilliant under the bomb plus is a solid defender so will show the way in organizing the defensive line.
I think Flanagan agrees with me if he is still talking up Zac for the back next season. The coach will have his plans mapped out for where he wants Tyrell to play.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Stats showed DCE should no longer be a Kangaroo. Zac topped the running metres while Mike Molo was second top runner behind only Tino. None of the Aussie forwards ran 100m.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I dont like talking this bloke up anymore. But agree with you but dont want him in a #9 Kangaroo jumper. There are better.

I dont agree about this lack of pace by Lomax you keep harping on about as mate there are few quicker than Sloan playing the game. What Zac may lack in sheer pace he makes up with brute power, good footwork and magic ball skills which sometimes do go awry. He is safe and sometimes brilliant under the bomb plus is a solid defender so will show the way in organizing the defensive line.
I think Flanagan agrees with me if he is still talking up Zac for the back next season. The coach will have his plans mapped out for where he wants Tyrell to play.
Lomax might be an excellent fullback. I just think Sloan has so much more upside if he can toughen up and tackle much better.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Lomax might be an excellent fullback. I just think Sloan has so much more upside if he can toughen up and tackle much better.
..and add bulk to his pencil thin frame. If that happens he can take Zac's centre spot. Just give him the leather and tell him to run, tackle and use his ball skills if given the chance. Dont lay too much on his plate as fullback is a multi skills position and it may sound harsh, but perhaps much of his problem coping with all the aspects is between his ears .

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Who knew that Treigh Stewart played for the Kumuls yesterday. I reckon it is about time he made the 30 as he has utility value.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Aussie School boys won their match over the Kumuls too. So did the girls. About to watch full replay of the boys with the exciting trio of Dragons, Jacob Halangahu, Loko Jr, Finau Latu. There is a good pic of Jacob in action in the NRL match report.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Aussie School boys won their match over the Kumuls too. So did the girls. About to watch full replay of the boys with the exciting trio of Dragons, Jacob Halangahu, Loko Jr, Finau Latu. There is a good pic of Jacob in action in the NRL match report.
U-15s?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We can be excited by Jacob, Finau & Loko Jr as the trio acquitted themselves with aplomb. All three have power, big leg drive, sound defenders and even ball skills. Jacob looks a David Fifita clone even playing on the edge like him. In one run of about 40m he must have steamrolled about five defenders. When Loko Jr wasnt being a wrecking ball he was crunching guys in tackles, even showed his ball skills by laying on the money ball for the winner.

Last edited: