The Australian Kangaroos.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Has anyone already posted that we have officially signed Kyle Flanagan and that training will return to Kogarah from next season, Flanno insisted on it as a former Dragons junior.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
NZ v Aus on paper will be a cracking game, won't it? NZ have always had good players but now they have depth as well.
Has anyone already posted that we have officially signed Kyle Flanagan and that training will return to Kogarah from next season, Flanno insisted on it as a former Dragons junior.
I saw it somewhere. The threads here are sometimes mixed up.

I don't think it has filled anyone with a lot of optimism.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
NZ v Aus on paper will be a cracking game, won't it? NZ have always had good players but now they have depth as well.

I saw it somewhere. The threads here are sometimes mixed up.

I don't think it has filled anyone with a lot of optimism.
They do and those pesky Kiwis love nothing more than crossing the ditch and taking on and beating their older cousins.

No Ciraldo did not want him, so obvious thing was to bring him here.. the reject shop. I suppose if anyone can get the best out of him it will be his old man.

Eric

Staff
To have a few more competitive games in the off season, especially if the Dragons don't play a part in the finals, is a good thing for sure.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

Australian Prime Minister's XIII squad:​

• Josh Addo-Carr (Bulldogs) if Tyrell is moved to wing no better bloke to copy his game on
  • Daly Cherry-Evans, vice capt. (Sea Eagles) past his best like Hunt
  • Reuben Cotter (Cowboys) a workhorse
  • Tom Dearden (Cowboys) we should have tried to get him
  • Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (Titans) no introduction needed
  • Emre Guler (Raiders)?
  • Ben Hunt (Dragons) should be nowhere near a national side.
  • Nicho Hynes (Sharks) a rare talent
  • Alofiana Khan-Pereira (Titans) is he the bloke that scored two blockbusting tries against us in late season.
  • Zac Lomax (Dragons) may get clean ball for a change.
  • Cameron McInnes (Sharks) always rated him.
  • Cameron Murray, capt. (Rabbitohs) is injured?
  • Reece Robson (Cowboys) we should try to bring this bloke home
  • Tyrell Sloan (Dragons) kinda shocked, but pleased too
  • Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (Dolphins) ?
  • Murray Taulagi (Cowboys) good prospect
  • Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles) seems to be a selectors favorite
  • Cody Walker (Rabbitohs) gets a tick
  • Hudson Young (Raiders) just had a big contract extension

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
  • Tyrell Sloan (Dragons)
  • Is this a typo or are there others more knowlegable than us that think this bloke has an international future. On the other hand is it a token selection given he is indigenous and has played for indigenous sides before.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
  • Tyrell Sloan (Dragons)
  • Is this a typo or are there others more knowlegable than us that think this bloke has an international future. On the other hand is it a token selection given he is indigenous and has played for indigenous sides before.
He was also in the squad last time, wasn't he? But didn't make the final 17.

Sorry, no. He made the indigenous squad, not the PM's XIII.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)

I know he has played for his state and country but his stats dont add up to our Dragons Medalist Blake Lawrie. The junior Kangaroo can not get a senior rep berth because he is in a weak side, but in almost all '23 stats Blocka comes out on top of J Turbo.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Jake Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)

I know he has played for his state and country but his stats dont add up to our Dragons Medalist Blake Lawrie. The junior Kangaroo can not get a senior rep berth because he is in a weak side, but in almost all '23 stats Blocka comes out on top of J Turbo.
You are his biggest fan for sure! I'd say he isn't half as good as Jake Trbojevic. Jack de Belin on the other hand is a different story! Just as skillful, just as good an offload, runs harder for more metres, is an even better defender and can also play long minutes if called up to do so.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I'd say he isn't half as good as Jake Trbojevic.
Those attributes you gave Jack apply to Lawie this year, perhaps not in skills but he is now offloading too, has greater RM and PCM than Jake while there is nothing between them in defense. This shows the extent Lawrie has improved this season and betting he will be even better the next after our conditioners have finished with him. So when it comes to Blocka I will continue to talk him up.
. Jack de Belin on the other hand is a different story! Just as skillful, just as good an offload, runs harder for more metres, is an even better defender and can also play long minutes
A no brainer that Jack should be playing for the Kangaroos, but why compare he and J Turbo as they play different positions whereas he and Lawrie are both props. Dont watch SOO, where does he play in that?

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Those attributes you gave Jack apply to Lawie this year, perhaps not in skills but he is now offloading too, has greater RM and PCM than Jake while there is nothing between them in defense. This shows the extent Lawrie has improved this season and betting he will be even better the next after our conditioners have finished with him. So when it comes to Blocka I will continue to talk him up.
To be fair, I think Jake Trbojevic's job at Manly, like JDB's job for us, isn't just to make metres running. He's a ball playing middle forward.
A no brainer that Jack should be playing for the Kangaroos, but why compare he and J Turbo as they play different positions whereas he and Lawrie are both props. Didnt watch SOO, where did he play in that?
Agree. At this point, I'm pretty sure he's omitted for reasons other than form and ability. I only half watched Origin this year. It was on TV and I was mostly watching it but didn't really care much. No Dragons players for NSW and only +*`&%# Ben Hunt for QLD.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hearing that Mike Molo has been added to the PMX111 squad. I have rated him since I first saw him. Has fab leg drive for a small forward and brings extra energy and intent when he comes off the bench. He must have been watching Jack closely as I saw him injecting himself into second receiver in a couple of games when Jack was suspended..

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Hearing that Mike Molo has been added to the PMX111 squad. I have rated him since I first saw him. Has fab leg drive for a small forward and brings extra energy and intent when he comes off the bench. He must have been watching Jack closely as I saw him injecting himself into second receiver in a couple of games when Jack was suspended..
I rate him higher than his more famous brother but seriously, adding him to the squad and not JDB? That's slightly ridiculous.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I rate him higher than his more famous brother but seriously, adding him to the squad and not JDB? That's slightly ridiculous.
Analysis = true
I think it has to do with JDB and the Australian coach who paid a woman off in order to have a sexual assault accusation against him dropped, hating each other.