Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Been saying the same for past three years, must be concrete between his ears if he hasnt fixed this glaring problem yet. Still think he'd be better suited as a late bench forward against a tiring defence. We have other blokes to score his tries and that will stay on their wing to not allow any against us. Problem solved. Other problem solved is sack Matt Feagai.
Rava's positional play is a sick joke. Feagai offers sick joke positional play and one on one defence.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Another horrible season with not many if any highlights. At the season start I believed that we would finish between 12th and 15th based on our coach and current player roster. Unfortunately it was worse. Do not expect any Flanagan miracles next season unless we can attract the players we need in the engine room. For the last 5 yrs we have had no better than a 3 cylinder engine and in today's game that doesn't allow us to be competitive.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Talk about Kyle Flanagan being signed by the Dragons. Please, someone say it isn't so. Good luck in the ESL.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Talk about Kyle Flanagan being signed by the Dragons. Please, someone say it isn't so. Good luck in the ESL.
Except for this unverified story about Kyle Flanagan, no news at all about the Dragons. No Mad Monday, no crisis, no recruitment, no one leaving. After tht last game, I think Billy Burns can forget about being re-signed.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The good news. Knowing personally how players really don't like to travel so far to train. Flanagan has decided that the Dragons will train exclusively at Kogarah whilst he is the coach. Now he may be able to attract more interest from player managers.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
The good news. Knowing personally how players really don't like to travel so far to train. Flanagan has decided that the Dragons will train exclusively at Kogarah whilst he is the coach. Now he may be able to attract more interest from player managers.
Really??? But the high performance centre in the Gong has just or is about to be completed.

Eric

Staff
This is why I couldn't give you a 9 rating. No way this will happen. Maybe you heard training will move fully away, not fully to Kogarah.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
New St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan has made his first big move opting to relocate training to Sydney for the first time in more than a decade.
The Dragons have trained permanently in Wollongong in recent seasons with their Kogarah-home seldom used.

But Netstrata Jubilee Stadium will now become a fixture for the Dragons playing squad with the whole team to train at the venue at least once a week every Friday during the pre-season. They will maintain a presence during the year too.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
New St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan has made his first big move opting to relocate training to Sydney for the first time in more than a decade.
The Dragons have trained permanently in Wollongong in recent seasons with their Kogarah-home seldom used.

But Netstrata Jubilee Stadium will now become a fixture for the Dragons playing squad with the whole team to train at the venue at least once a week every Friday during the pre-season. They will maintain a presence during the year too.
Good move. If it's popular among the playing group.

Eric

Staff

Ok, ok. I'll add .5 to his end of season rating. Maybe 6 was being a little too hard a marker anyway.
Angry Throw GIF by BrownSugarApp

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Big fail if true. On a minimum wage I guess it's not a big deal as a depth signing. Can fill in at halfback or hooker but would still prefer not.

Flanagan’s Dogs nightmare over as Dragons switch set to be sealed​

Incoming Dragons coach Shane Flanagan has reportedly signed his son Kyle, with the contract expected to be announced in the coming days. That is according to Channel 9 reporter Danny Weidler who tweeted Flanagan is set to become the Red V’s newest recruit.

The 24-year-old, whose contract with the Bulldogs expired at the end of the 2023 season, has endured a tumultuous time at Belmore, struggling to lock down a long-term run in the first team and finding himself out of position, finishing the season as a utility.

Flanagan has played 79 NRL games to date and will now likely compete with Jacob Liddle and Connor Mulheisen for the hooker and utility roles.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
I did say Flanno Jnr would be signed by the Saints. I do not think it is too bad as long as he on a basic salary. Wally Lewis would have flopped at the grubbies the last few years.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I think a lot of the Woolongong blockes will also like going to Kogarah once a week.

I wonder if jodragon40 jodragon40 or anyone else knows, what's the normal schedule for training.

I know the day after the game there's a recovery and video session. The day before the game there is only the light training 'captains run'.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think a lot of the Woolongong blockes will also like going to Kogarah once a week.

I wonder if jodragon40 jodragon40 or anyone else knows, what's the normal schedule for training.

I know the day after the game there's a recovery and video session. The day before the game there is only the light training 'captains run'.
In my day we actually trained 2 nights a week. My understanding is nowadays depending upon the club teams it's 5 days a week. Mondays are recovery days, swimming, light exercises on the mats, stretching etc to get the soreness out and blood flowing. Tuesday was review day where you watched a replay of the game and the coach identified issues, then a training session to work on the identified issues and work on your teams attacking and defensive structures. Wednesday cardio/ weights day and individual skills training. Thursday captains run, a light training session.

Last edited: