Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
IMO Finau and Tamale are ready for first grade. Signing Suaali for 1 year to help the Roosters with a salary cap problem is madness, IMO.
No more short term fixes. Flanno has everything he needs to build from the ground.
  • Young squad
  • Plenty of junior coming through the ranks
  • Plenty of salary space.
  • Established halfback and captain
  • A few hard forwards to build a pack around.
  • A few good backs to build a backline around.
All he needs to do to make this a good team is get Amone and Sloan playing to the ability we know they have but display far too rarely.

Eric

Staff
Eric Eric, his post contact metres and tackle breaks tells me the opposite despite his small frame for a bookend. IMHO Blocka is having his most consistent season with av. 130 running metres, his past five must have been about 150m. He is scoring tries, offloading and even ball playing , another Craig Young.
His stats are impressive. No doubt. He's getting better. I just don't like seeing out No.1 prop getting smashed on a regular basis but maybe it's more the optics of it, not what it does to the team.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
His stats are impressive. No doubt. He's getting better. I just don't like seeing out No.1 prop getting smashed on a regular basis but maybe it's more the optics of it, not what it does to the team.
He's not one of the best but he goes ok. We have much more to worry about than him. He makes up for getting dominated in the early exchanges later in hte game when the other props are tired by Lawrie keeps going.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Established halfback and captain
That is your only NEGATIVE. This guy has shat all over this great club. I for one will never forgive him nor respect him again. If he is talked into staying I will be angry at not only him but those that did the persuading..

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hearing Flanagan is not a fan of Connor Muhleisen. Word is he won't be at the club next year. Does not surprise me, his defense is first grade level, distribution acceptable but he wont bloody well run.

There is still no sign of exciting hooker Sam Hooper, is like he has vaporized.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hearing Flanagan is interested in this quartet, Jordan McLean (prop), Jake Turpin (hooker)/ Billy Smith (centre ) Phoenix Crossland (half/hooker) .

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Hearing Flanagan is not a fan of Connor Muhleisen. Word is he won't be at the club next year. Does not surprise me, his defense is first grade level, distribution acceptable but he wont bloody well run.

He's pretty slow. Both with his service and runs from dummy half. I guess Hooper isn't the player we thought he was.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Hearing Flanagan is interested in this quartet, Jordan McLean (prop), Jake Turpin (hooker)/ Billy Smith (centre ) Phoenix Crossland (half/hooker) .
Turpin is even slower than Connor Muhleisen. I think Declan Purcell might get a top 30 contract next year.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
We have become a club of hope and despair.. HOPE WHEN WE READ OF ALL THE GOOD THINGS THAT ARE GOING TO HAPPEN FOR US, despair when none of them come to fruition.
That's been the case for 10 years but thye disaster of this season have brought things to a head and forced the board to stop screwing around. I think it's going to get better from now.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
"I'm having conversations with Flanno about maybe helping out next year, which would be great because I think can help the outside backs, especially in defence," Cooper told Wide World of Sports.

Greatest understatement of the year!

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I just read Flannos is talking to Matt cooper for a coaching roll he would be a great addition to help with our defense he was a great defensive player
"I'm having conversations with Flanno about maybe helping out next year, which would be great because I think can help the outside backs, especially in defence," Cooper told Wide World of Sports.

Greatest understatement of the year!
Coops must have nightmares over the defence of Suli and our wingers. And even though Lomax makes his tackles, his communication with Rava can't be too good.