Recruitment and Retention for 2024

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
If he can stay on his wing and it meant sacking Matt Feagai I'd have him, even for one year. Could give Tamale or Finau another year cutting their teeth in Ressies, unless Flanagan moves Rava into the pack which I hope happens.
I'd leave RAVA on the wing. After all, even in this underwhelming team Rava has scored 20 tries, one from top try scorers.I would bring SULI into the backrow though. Make a real good second row. (Damaging)
Making more room for speed in the outside backs.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I'd leave RAVA on the wing. After all, even in this underwhelming team Rava has scored 20 tries, one from top try scorers.I would bring SULI into the backrow though. Make a real good second row. (Damaging)
Making more room for speed in the outside backs.
Suli in the backrow and Tamale in the centres would solve a few problems.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons hero Matt Cooper in talks with Shane Flanagan to join coaching staff​

If Coops returns it is because he loves the club and is saddened by our current malaise. As arguably our best ever defensive centre having Coops here will be a godsend, look out those outside backs that have embarrassed us past two years.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I'd leave RAVA on the wing. After all, even in this underwhelming team Rava has scored 20 tries
Most handed to him on a platter, but he does have the bulk to power thru on line tacklers. Just wish he'd not keep leaving his wing and creating an overlap. Betting that between he and Feagai they have conceded far more than 20 tries this season.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Most handed to him on a platter, but he does have the bulk to power thru an on line tackler. Just wish he'd not keep leaving his wing and creating an overlap. Betting that between he and Feagai they have conceded far more that 20 tries this season.
If not for that, he'd be a very goof winger. Below the top few because he's not fast enough but in the next tier down. Right now he's a fringe first grader because he lets in as many tries as he scores.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons hero Matt Cooper in talks with Shane Flanagan to join coaching staff​

If Coops returns it is because he loves the club and is saddened by our current malaise. As arguably our best ever defensive centre having Coops here will be a godsend, look out those outside backs that have embarrassed us past two years.
Coops coming home and working with the outside backs on defence will be a coup for the club.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Not going to happen apparently..
It was a nice idea and seemed like an obvious solution but then again, most of the best players don't make good coaches. So one of the best defensive centres might not be one of the best defensive coaches for the outside backs. Though our outside backs certainly need some help from someone.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
All Flanagan has said is Coops will not be on the coaching panel as evidently that has now been filled. But he said nothing about not having him as a consultant. So is Dean Young to be our defence coach?
NQ attack has been good but defence, not so much. Are the two assistants confirmed Deano and Carr? I know Deano has been confirmed. How about Carr?

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Most handed to him on a platter, but he does have the bulk to power thru on line tacklers. Just wish he'd not keep leaving his wing and creating an overlap. Betting that between he and Feagai they have conceded far more than 20 tries this season.
So was that 10tries each or don't u know at all?
Just taking a guess?
Let's talk facts, theirs enough guess work happening at the management level.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
So was that 10tries each or don't u know at all?
Just taking a guess?
Let's talk facts, theirs enough guess work happening at the management level.
The only thing that is certain is that Rava's positional play in defence is really poor.

Several games ago the commentator, who obviously didn't know about Rava's defence beforehand said during the game: 'Ravalawa can score a try but boy, he looks all at sea on defence.'

Hope Flanno can fix it.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
It's all about the training.
Off season here we come.
Training and hard work has a lot to do with it. In the case of Suli I think it's mostly training and hard work. But it also has to do with natural stamina. Apparently Andrew Fifita used to always win the Shanks 5km races. Beating people like Val Holmes. At is best, he used to regularly play at pretty good intensity for 80min. Payne Haas can do that too but his output is very high quality. Try getting Frank Molo to play for 80min.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Ravalawa can score a try but boy, he looks all at sea on defence.'
Been saying the same for past three years, must be concrete between his ears if he hasnt fixed this glaring problem yet. Still think he'd be better suited as a late bench forward against a tiring defence. We have other blokes to score his tries and that will stay on their wing to not allow any against us. Problem solved. Other problem solved is sack Matt Feagai.