Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
In my day we actually trained 2 nights a week. My understanding is nowadays depending upon the club teams it's 5 days a week. Mondays are recovery days, swimming, light exercises on the mates, stretching etc to get the soreness out and blood flowing. Tuesday was review day where you watched a replay of the game and the coach identified issues, then a training session to work on the identified issues and work on your teams attacking and defensive structures. Wednesday cardio/ weights day and individual skills training. Thursday captains run, a light training session.
They also do a lot of wrestling training and just old fashioned running. Is running what you mean by cardio or more diverse things? Rowing for example.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
In my day we actually trained 2 nights a week. My understanding is nowadays depending upon the club teams it's 5 days a week. Mondays are recovery days, swimming, light exercises on the mats, stretching etc to get the soreness out and blood flowing. Tuesday was review day where you watched a replay of the game and the coach identified issues, then a training session to work on the identified issues and work on your teams attacking and defensive structures. Wednesday cardio/ weights day and individual skills training. Thursday captains run, a light training session.
I wonder, what if the game is on Thursday, Friday or Saturday? The recovery session is always the next morning?

Eric

Staff
Does anyone know what is going on with Jackson Shereb and Josh Coric? They were both on development contracts. Shereb spend most of the year in the NSW Cup despite being young enough to play Jersey Flegg while Coric did his ACL in a pre-season game.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Does anyone know what is going on with Jackson Shereb and Josh Coric? They were both on development contracts. Shereb spend most of the year in the NSW Cup despite being young enough to play Jersey Flegg while Coric did his ACL in a pre-season game.
They will be part of our supplementary list, (new name for DP list) along with Egan, Stewart and Ackers. Supplementary players are available from round 1

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
They will be part of our supplementary list, (new name for DP list) along with Egan, Stewart and Ackers. Supplementary players are available from round 1
Thanks. Welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to big things from Egan. Will he be ready for NRL next year?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Some names I've been hearing for a while. Stewart = Treigh Stewart? Ramsey will be back next year as well. 3 way battle for fullback?

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Thanks. Welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to big things from Egan. Will he be ready for NRL next year?
Egan had a set back with PCL injury late this year, so I don't think he will be rushed.
Hayden Buchanan is one to watch a centre.
Some names I've been hearing for a while. Stewart = Treigh Stewart? Ramsey will be back next year as well. 3 way battle for fullback?
Stewart isn't on the top 30.
Ramsey won't play next year.
I thought Ackers is still at least a year away. He's only 17, isn't he?
Ackers is 18, he will be 19 next year

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Egan had a set back with PCL injury late this year, so I don't think he will be rushed.

Ackers is 18, he will be 19 next year
Why won't Ramsey play? Not in the top 30 or still unfit?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Ackers is 18, he will be 19 next year.
Is Ackers another prop? WTF is going on suddenly with the props? 2 Couchmans, Coric and Ackers?

At least the first 2 will make it in first grade. Seems no doubt to me.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Is Ackers another prop? WTF is going on suddenly with the props? 2 Couchmans, Coric and Ackers?

At least the first 2 will make it in first grade. Seems no doubt to me.
Ackers is more a 13 impact player.
The Couchmans were edge players in juniors and have only played middle in seniors. I think Ryan will be an edge.

Apparently the club is in talks again with Cade Cust.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
The Couchmans were edge players in juniors and have only played middle in seniors. I think Ryan will be an edge.

Who is Cade Cust? Never heard of him.

Couchmans excelled on the edge and in the middle as juniors but I think they have both evolved into middles. But I hope you are right. Really need one more good edge forward to compliment Sua.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Who is Cade Cust? Never heard of him.

Couchmans excelled on the edge and in the middle as juniors but I think they have both evolved into middles. But I hope you are right. Really need one more good edge forward to compliment Sua.
I've heard that name, 'Cade Cust' before. Don't know where but it wasn't good.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The Roosters centre Billy Smith and second-rower Wong are set to become free agents in 6 weeks. I'd like the Dragons to have a go at both of them. Angus Crighton also but he seems to have gone right off the boil. Was barely first grade standard this year from the games I saw him play.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

He's surely still growing. As far as I know, and that isn't as much as you, he's skillful and hits hard in defence but not so quick. Probably not quick enough to make a really good lock.