Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Talk is Flanno will finalised at least three more players after the GF for '24 and several more, incl one or two elites after Nov1 for '25..

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
We should have held onto Musgrove and Billy Burns for their experience. Frank Molo is a rather jekyll and hyde type footy player, so not sure why Flanno didnt let him go too. Are there any seasoned guys we can bring back from the Super League.
The way the game has changed and is getting faster , the guy I would bring back and use him off the bench in games would be Dufty ..... The guys got speed to burn , and if used right would be an impact player ...... Don't forget that he was our top try scorer , most line breaks and try assists , better than our Superstar 7 ....... Have watched a few videos of him in the UK and he is scoring some great try's ...... Surly a coach that knows the game can utilise his attacking ability in the modern game ......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The way the game has changed and is getting faster , the guy I would bring back and use him off the bench in games would be Dufty ..... The guys got speed to burn , and if used right would be an impact player ...... Don't forget that he was our top try scorer , most line breaks and try assists , better than our Superstar 7 ....... Have watched a few videos of him in the UK and he is scoring some great try's ...... Surly a coach that knows the game can utilise his attacking ability in the modern game ......
Great attacking ability but defense was his achilles heel.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno should be taking a look at this guy if we piss off Hunt. Super impressive. Not sure why the Roosters let him go.
Lam is nippy, has vision, good footwork, ball skills and is not a glory seeker. Five assets missing from the disloyal sooks resume. A Sydney boy too tho he does play for his dad's nation PNG.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
To play fullback? To me Sloan is Dufty 2.0 with just a little more ability.

Eric

Staff
Flanno should be taking a look at this guy if we piss off Hunt. Super impressive. Not sure why the Roosters let him go.
Lam is nippy, has vision, good footwork, ball skills and is not a glory seeker. Five assets missing from the disloyal sooks resume. A Sydney boy too tho he does play for his dad's nation PNG.

x2!!

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg

Can we send this to flanno if we could sign Lam I would buy Hunts plane ticket back to qld

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Yep he can come on at the right times in a few positions , he can ball play as well .....
But can't tackle.
Frustrated Oh No GIF by ESPN College Football

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Yep , But used right , will be much better than we have now ..... Attacking player ....... Not there to make tackles , if he has to then the rest of the team is not doing their job .......
There is no reason he can't learn to tackle. But to come on at hooker and tackle as he does now would be a disaster.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
There is no reason he can't learn to tackle. But to come on at hooker and tackle as he does now would be a disaster.
As you say can be taught a few things , and like I say used at the right time and can move to the flanks in defense his main roll when on , would be to attack , Don't be surprised if another NRL team do bring him back ......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
We should have held onto Musgrove and Billy Burns for their experience. Frank Molo is a rather jekyll and hyde type footy player, so not sure why Flanno didnt let him go too. Are there any seasoned guys we can bring back from the Super League.
I think Musgrove might have been sent on his way for reasons other than form or ability. At least form on the field. I think form off the field is his biggest problem.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
As you say can be taught a few things , and like I say used at the right time and can move to the flanks in defense his main roll when on , would be to attack , Don't be surprised if another NRL team do bring him back ......
Don't they say something like, 'tackling is 90% commitment'? I think it's true. No way anyone has made it to first grade without knowing tackling techniques.