Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I agree 100%. Problem is, which elite player is on the market now?
Looks like Joey Manu will be available to make a play at from November 1st.

But I don't like it. He'll be 29 when he comes off his present contract. I'm only in favour of recruiting elite players, and paying them elite money, who have their best in front of them.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
George Williams would unfortunately come with a very large transfer fee.
Hunt is going to hang around for next season. Time to face it. Flanno has to concentrate on getting the best out of him. Because last season or this season just finished, he was very average more often than not.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hunt is going to hang around for next season. Time to face it. Flanno has to concentrate on getting the best out of him. Because last season or this season just finished, he was very average more often than not.
Yep and a year older , should never have been signed ...... Give him to the Broncos , swap for Reynolds ........

Eric

Staff
Yep and a year older , should never have been signed ...... Give him to the Broncos , swap for Reynolds ........
I was always a staunch supporter of Hunt. I thought it was the coaches (Mr McGregor) fault he was playing so badly. I still think that. But the timing was perfect to cut him loose! Club certainly didn't owe him any loyalty. Can hardly believe they re-signed him.

If the club thought Sullivan wasn't going to work out, it was time to give him a chance anyway and keep looking for a young halfback. WTF did the club have to lose? Not like Hunt was leading the team to premiership glory.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I was always a staunch supporter of Hunt. I thought it was the coaches (Mr McGregor) fault he was playing so badly. I still think that. But the timing was perfect to cut him loose! Club certainly didn't owe him any loyalty. Can hardly believe they re-signed him.

If the club thought Sullivan wasn't going to work out, it was time to give him a chance anyway and keep looking for a young halfback. WTF did the club have to lose? Not like Hunt was leading the team to premiership glory.
Hunt had one good season only as an individual player not as a 7 under Hook , because he was playing in a poor team that , Hook had every play going to Hunt first , so he stood out ...... He has lost me completely , and the team can't move forward until he goes ......

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

If Sullivan has a good year with the Tigers next year, some very serious questions will need to be asked. But probably won't be.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If Sullivan has a good year with the Tigers next year, some very serious questions will need to be asked. But probably won't be.
I have questions regarding Sullivan's release x2.
  1. Did he get the opportunity to show he could have been a good halfback?
  2. Would it have been better keeping him and releasing Amone?

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I have questions regarding Sullivan's release x2.
  1. Did he get the opportunity to show he could have been a good halfback?
  2. Would it have been better keeping him and releasing Amone?
No and Yes to your questions , Letting Sully go maybe it was because he seemed to be injured a lot and Flanno cut him ...... But my thinking is , he was cut because Flanno wanted his son ...... Both Sully and Flanno jr can play 7 and 9 when needed ...... Old saying Blood is thicker than water .......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
No and Yes to your questions , Letting Sully go maybe it was because he seemed to be injured a lot and Flanno cut him ...... But my thinking is , he was cut because Flanno wanted his son ...... Both Sully and Flanno jr can play 7 and 9 when needed ...... Old saying Blood is thicker than water .......
I think you are right. :mad:

Not bothered by singing his son a minimum wage but Hunt should have been let go, not Sullivan.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

The best thing about it is that we can whine about Hunt all off season and then roast him if he starts next year in the same way he finished this year.

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
I'm still undesided on flannos son he could surprise us will put in 100 percent for dad