The Australian Kangaroos.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
We can be excited by Jacob, Finau & Loko Jr as the trio acquitted themselves with aplomb. All three have power, big leg drive, sound defenders and even ball skills. Jacob looks a David Fifita clone even playing on the edge like him. In one run of about 40m he must have steamrolled about five defenders. Loko Jr only played short mins but he made them count with a crunching try saver then passed the money ball for the winner.
Sounds very promising!

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
We can be excited by Jacob, Finau & Loko Jr as the trio acquitted themselves with aplomb. All three have power, big leg drive, sound defenders and even ball skills. Jacob looks a David Fifita clone even playing on the edge like him. In one run of about 40m he must have steamrolled about five defenders. Loko Jr only played short mins but he made them count with a crunching try saver then laid on the money ball for the winner.
Is the video on You Tube?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Best player after the first half was the PNG #9 IMO.
Close to the best in the second half as well. Not just his running game and tackling but look at the way he's organising from dummy half. Lucky there was no video ref or that last Australian try would have been a ruled a knock on.

Number 14 is Hayden Buchanan a Steelers junior. He has got a big future, FG debut back half of 25 is my tip.
I have no doubt he's a very good player but in this game, of the 4 Dragons players, he's the one who I didn't see do much.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Did anyone notice the Ben Hunt moment in that game? When PNG scored their last try, the fullback ran past the Australian captain and 5/8 to score, the Australian captain got up and gave a teammate a serve.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Did anyone notice the Ben Hunt moment in that game? When PNG scored their last try, the fullback ran past the Australian captain and 5/8 to score, the Australian captain got up and gave a teammate a serve.
Saw it now. I don't like the way Hunt has carried on. I hate it actually. But to be honest, I think I only saw him do that once. That one was this season. Can't remember which game but I read it here and then went back and checked. It was really something from Benny that. Like ho dropped the ball cold, then missed an easy tackle and turned around and gave, I think it was Lomax, a serve. Then I think it was the next week master coach Griffin dropped Lomax.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Number 14 is Hayden Buchanan a Steelers junior. He has got a big future, FG debut back half of 25 is my tip.
His distribution was slick , defense strong but I'd have liked to see him scoot from dummy half more. Our halves did not provide much structure, his go forward would have helped that.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Other than our boys, best were the giant prop with the unusual name of De La Salle Va'a, centre Logan Aoake, wing Nikora Williams.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The club has locked in both Jacob Halangahu and Finau Latu for the future with the pair to be upgraded to the top squad in '25, not be surprised if Loko Jr joins them soon on what he showed on Sunday. Did you see the giant prop make like a half when he picked up the ball and darted from the back of a scrum then powered ahead for 30 metres. Is likely the two youngest boys will bypass Ball and play Flegg this year while Loko may play both Flegg and Ressies.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Jacob looks a David Fifita clone even playing on the edge like him. In one run of about 40m he must have steamrolled about five defenders.
Seems I got this wrong, it was Finau Latu that made the steamrolling run. The guy has thighs like tree stumps. Not surprising as he is the nephew of Tongan great Solomon Haumono.

Last edited: