Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Well, last round looks like everyone got an unflattering 50% (2 out of 4) except for RedV01 RedV01 who got 25% (1 out of 4). Better luck this round.
  1. North Queensland vs Cronulla: North Queensland by 10 (NQ are a really good team.)
  2. Parramatta vs New Zealand: Parramatta by 14 (not being played in NZ.)
  3. Sydney Roosters vs St George Illawarra: St George Illawarra by 4 (I really shouldn't but after last game, don't care so much. Bring on 2023!)
  4. Manly vs Newcastle: Manly by 4 (hard to pick this one. Ponga will go missing after his big Origin game.)
  5. Gold Coast vs Brisbane: Brisbane by 10 (why not?)
  6. Wests Tigers vs Penrith: Penrith by 30 (after the poor Origin games from a number of Penrith players, they are going to bounce back.)
  7. Melbourne vs Canberra: Melbourne by 16 (after a few poor games, an almost full strength Melbourne will bounce back.)
  8. Canterbury vs South Sydney: South by 14 (Souths are much improved with Mitchell in the team.)

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Sharks 1-12
Eels 13+
Roosters 13+
Sea Eagles 13+
Broncos 13+
Panthers 1-12
Storm 1-12
Rabbits 1-12

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Well, last round looks like everyone got an unflattering 50% (2 out of 4) except for RedV01 RedV01 who got 25% (1 out of 4). Better luck this round.
North Queensland vs Cronulla: North Queensland by 10 (NQ are a really good team.)
  1. Parramatta vs New Zealand: Parramatta by 14 (not being played in NZ.)
  2. Sydney Roosters vs St George Illawarra: St George Illawarra by 4 (I really shouldn't but after last game, don't care so much. Bring on 2023!)
  3. Manly vs Newcastle: Manly by 4 (hard to pick this one. Ponga will go missing after his big Origin game.)
  4. Gold Coast vs Brisbane: Brisbane by 10 (why not?)
  5. Wests Tigers vs Penrith: Penrith by 30 (after the poor Origin games from a number of Penrith players, they are going to bounce back.)
  6. Melbourne vs Canberra: Melbourne by 16 (after a few poor games, an almost full strength Melbourne will bounce back.)
  7. Canterbury vs South Sydney: South by 14 (Souths are much improved with Mitchell in the team.)
  1. Sharks
  2. Eels
  3. Roosters
  4. Sea Eagles
  5. Broncos
  6. Penrith
  7. Storm
  8. Rabbitohs

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  1. North Queensland vs Cronulla: North Queensland by 10 (NQ are a really good team.)
  2. Parramatta vs New Zealand: Parramatta by 14 (not being played in NZ.)
  3. Sydney Roosters vs St George Illawarra: St George Illawarra by 4 (I really shouldn't but after last game, don't care so much. Bring on 2023!)
  4. Manly vs Newcastle: Manly by 4 (hard to pick this one. Ponga will go missing after his big Origin game.)
  5. Gold Coast vs Brisbane: Brisbane by 10 (why not?)
  6. Wests Tigers vs Penrith: Penrith by 30 (after the poor Origin games from a number of Penrith players, they are going to bounce back.)
  7. Melbourne vs Canberra: Melbourne by 16 (after a few poor games, an almost full strength Melbourne will bounce back.)
  8. Canterbury vs South Sydney: South by 14 (Souths are much improved with Mitchell in the team.)
Thanks so much for pointing that out. I'll be sure to do the same when I beat you this round.
  1. NQ by 14
  2. Parramatta by 8
  3. Rorters by 8
  4. Newcastle by 2
  5. Broncos by 10
  6. Penrith by 22
  7. Melbourne by 16
  8. Souffs by 14

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Cowboys by 14
  2. Eels by 4
  3. Dragons by 4
  4. Newcastle by 2
  5. Titans by 8
  6. Penrith by 22
  7. Storm by 20
  8. Rabbitohs by 10

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Watching Shonkies vs Cowboys. The only thing that particularity interests me is that the Dragons are just so far off the pace, it's like a black comedy. Coach has to go.

Eric

Staff
Damn, I didn't get my tips in before the first 1/3 of a game.
  1. Cowboys by 4
  2. Eels by 10
  3. Dragons by 8
  4. Manly by 12
  5. Brocnos by 8
  6. Penrith by 8 (might rest a few)
  7. Storm by 12
  8. Rabbitohs by 10

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Damn, I didn't get my tips in before the first 1/3 of a game.
  1. Cowboys by 4
  2. Eels by 10
  3. Dragons by 8
  4. Manly by 12
  5. Brocnos by 8
  6. Penrith by 8 (might rest a few)
  7. Storm by 12
  8. Rabbitohs by 10
You wouldn't have picked the winner of game 1 anyway like most others

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Watching Shonkies vs Cowboys. The only thing that particularity interests me is that the Dragons are just so far off the pace, it's like a black comedy. Coach has to go.
It's called club culture everyone from your $1 m playmaker to your players on development contracts have to buy in what the coach is trying to achieve. The goals set must be realistic and achievable otherwise you will always have a small group unhappy. One in all in 1sts reserves U20 . If as a coach you can achieve that you have the makings of a good football club and teams. Something we haven't had for many years

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
It's called club culture everyone from your $1 m playmaker to your players on development contracts have to buy in what the coach is trying to achieve. The goals set must be realistic and achievable otherwise you will always have a small group unhappy. One in all in 1sts reserves U20 . If as a coach you can achieve that you have the makings of a good football club and teams. Something we haven't had for many years
I would have picked the Shonkies too if I knew Cowboys were going to rest all their Origin players.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The only first grade quality middle forwards Dragons have are de Belin and Lawrie of recent times. And Dragons have slow service out of dummy half. Other teams have 5 or 6 quality middle forwards.

BTW, does anyone remember the Dragons taking a short drop out? I can't recall it. I think such a tactic is way too adventurous for Hook.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I did even though I didn't realise how many would be rested
You realise the + in tipping means "points start" for betting on the result? Like if full strength Penrith play Bullgrubs, it would take a minor miracle for the latter to win. But if they have 20 points start, meaning for someone to get the tip correct, Penrith have to win by more than 20, it's game on for punters.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The only first grade quality middle forwards Dragons have are de Belin and Lawrie of recent times. And Dragons have slow service out of dummy half. Other teams have 5 or 6 quality middle forwards.

BTW, does anyone remember the Dragons talking a short drop out? I can't recall it. I think such a tactic is way too adventurous for Hook.
A coach just like say the best jockey in the country can only coach the players you have got like the jockey needs to be on a competitive horse. As a coach one of your goals is to try and get the best out of your players however in saying that they have to be up to 1st grade standards initially just like the jockey on the horse if he's not up to Group 1 standards you need to acknowledge that and run the horse in a grade where they will be competitive just like the players, unfortunately for us we have been hopeless in our recruitment and retention until that changes we won't be playing semi finals football in the next few years

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
You realise the + in tipping means "points start" for betting on the result? Like if full strength Penrith play Bullgrubs, it would take a minor miracle for the latter to win. But if they have 20 points start, meaning for someone to get the tip correct, Penrith have to win by more than 20, it's game on for punters.
Really lol

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's just I don't understand why you add "+" when you tip.
You nearly have it correct when you bet with footy tab you have a choice on how much you believe that team will win by so in the first game Sharks to win 1-12 was paying $3.20 whereas Sharks 13+ was paying $4.60 that's why I do what I do. Hope that clears it up. It's not a head start It's what you believe that team if they win will win by

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
You nearly have it correct when you bet with footy tab you have a choice on how much you believe that team will win by so in the first game Sharks to win 1-12 was paying $3.20 whereas Sharks 13+ was paying $4.60 that's why I do what I do. Hope that clears it up. It's not a head start It's what you believe that team if they win will win by
I'm not 100% clear. I understand about TAB betting but if I tipped Parramatta by 14 and you tipped Parramatta by 12+ and Parramatta won by 16, who is closest to being correct? Or what if you tipped Parramatta by 8-14, I tipped them by 12 and they won by 10?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons culture seems to be way off. What do you expect when Jack Bird for example literally steps out of the way of ball runners but is still the only mainstay of the forward pack all year? While Sims is picked everywhere but his best position and JDB, who has carried the forwards all season, is periodically started off the bench?