TYRELL SLOAN

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The least reps we have the better for us and in reality on form Hunt is the only one if we are being honest

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The least reps we have the better for us and in reality on form Hunt is the only one if we are being honest
In theory that's correct but there is also another theory that playing and training with best, makes players still better when they come back to their clubs. I'm not sure I believe it but it's a theory.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
In theory that's correct but there is also another theory that playing and training with best, makes players still better when they come back to their clubs. I'm not sure I believe it but it's a theory.
True but you have to be playing well enough to be considered for playing with the elite players and of course if you train and play with the best it improves your own game but we don't have anyone in that category at the moment apart from Hunt in my opinion

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
True but you have to be playing well enough to be considered for playing with the elite players and of course if you train and play with the best it improves your own game but we don't have anyone in that category at the moment apart from Hunt in my opinion
Agree. Unfortunately.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The biggest plus, the one players care about most, is the extra money they get. I think an Origin player makes about 35k a game! Play all 3 and an extra 105k on one's salary.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Still have to be good enough
Generally. How many Rorters players for example were selected but would have had no chance in many other teams. Boyd Cordner is the obvious example but I'm sure there are many more. The accused pedo Brett Finch is another.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Generally. How many Rorters players for example were selected but would have had no chance in many other teams. Boyd Cordner is the obvious example but I'm sure there are many more. The accused pedo Brett Finch is another.
Braith Anasta🙄

Eric

Staff
The Rorters definitely get players selected who don't deserve it but someone was saying Sims was very lucky to get selected and then there is Trent Merrin... Who else? No one really.
I remember the glory days with Ryles, Baily, Kite, Gaz, Coops, Barrett selected.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
The Rorters definitely get players selected who don't deserve it but someone was saying Sims was very lucky to get selected and then there is Trent Merrin... Who else? No one really.
I remember the glory days with Ryles, Baily, Kite, Gaz, Coops, Barrett selected.
Merrin deserved it at that time. He used to go forward for long periods and had a good offload, didn't miss many tackles. Like a Blake Lawrie upgrade. And with Sims, I think it shows there are mitigating circumstances. He was poor for large parts of the season but I think having players around you playing poorly (Corey Norman) makes it worse. A vicious circle.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
This is a time on what's happened to him this year as far as I can see it.
  • He was ok without being great early on.
  • He had a shocker against the Sharks and was dropped. I'm all for that kind of accountability but the problem was, Ramsey was injured at the time. You don't drop him when the second choice fullback isn't available!
  • He wallowed in the NSW Cup for a while.
  • He was brought back on a day when there was a howling wind and driving rain. Like every other fullback and winger that round, he had trouble under the high ball. Was dropped again.
  • He was brought back on the bench! What role was he meant to play on the bench? Since when are fullbacks or wingers given a rest during games?
  • He was brought back out of position on the wing. His main strong point may be his ball playing ability. His weakest point is his ability to run hard and get the team on the front foot. So the coach picks him in a position which amplifies his weaknesses and denies him his strengths.
I'm just wondering, does the Hook have something against him personally? Hook seems to be trying all kinds of mental gymnastics to screw up Sloan's confidence.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
  • He had a shocker against the Sharks and was dropped. I'm all for that kind of accountability but the problem was, Ramsey was injured at the time. You don't drop him when the second choice fullback isn't available!
  • He was brought back on a day when there was a howling wind and driving rain. Like every other fullback and winger that round, he had trouble under the high ball. Was dropped again.
  • He was brought back on the bench! What role was he meant to play on the bench? Since when are fullbacks or wingers given a rest during games?
  • He was brought back out of position on the wing. His main strong point may be his ball playing ability. His weakest point is his ability to run hard and get the team on the front foot. So the coach picks him in a position which amplifies his weaknesses and denies him his strengths.
I'm just wondering, does the Hook have something against him personally? Hook seems to be trying all kinds of mental gymnastics to screw up Sloan's confidence.
His treatment of Sloan is bizarre. Like so many of his recruitment and selection ideas.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Seems like it might be something personal.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin doesn't rate him that's got to be obvious to everyone. He rates him behind Ramsey, Mbye and now Bird. He stated the kid is not defensively sound enough to play fullback whilst he is coach.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin doesn't rate him that's got to be obvious to everyone. He rates him behind Ramsey, Mbye and now Bird. He stated the kid is not defensively sound enough to play fullback whilst he is coach.
Ramsey isn't bad but picking the other two in front of Sloan is utterly illogical.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
There is a theory this is meant to make him better at the parts of his game he struggles with in games where it doesn't really matter if he plays badly.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
There is a theory this is meant to make him better at the parts of his game he struggles with in games where it doesn't really matter if he plays badly.
It really matters if it knocks his confidence around badly.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
It really matters if it knocks his confidence around badly.
I guess it's a question of the coach sitting him down and explaining, "This is what I want you to work on. There is no pressure on you at all. I just want you to do your best in this part of the game."