TYRELL SLOAN

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I said in an earlier post that it feels to me personal. Griffin is old school, coaches like this do not respond to young players making demands no matter how good they believe they are. It would appear that Griffin was making a point when dropping him initially based on Sloan inability to run the defensive line. Obviously he reinforced his belief that the coach runs the show not young players by not moving him to fullback in that game and used Bird instead. That is the moment this whole sorry mess became untenable. Senior management has decided to support the coach. As the old saying goes "Nobody is bigger than the game or their club".
At this point, it only seems a question of whether he really is that good. Remember this year he was still young enough to be available to play Jersey Flegg!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
At this point, it only seems a question of whether he really is that good. Remember this year he was still young enough to be available to play Jersey Flegg!
Personally, to me, watching him over the years he would be a keeper. I love the way he glides over the paddock in attack. I believe that he does need to develop his defence but has that x factor about him.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Personally, to me, watching him over the years he would be a keeper. I love the way he glides over the paddock in attack. I believe that he does need to develop his defence but has that x factor about him.
I agree. The only thing that makes me optimistic or less pessimistic about him leaving, which seems very likely, is the form and ability of Treigh Stewart.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I agree. The only thing that makes me optimistic or less pessimistic about him leaving, which seems very likely, is the form and ability of Treigh Stewart.
Treigh Stewart is a good prospect. Hook will drop him after 1 bad game in favour of Mbye, Ramsey, Bird and then by the end of the season Craig Young will be saying he should be patient and bide his time in reserve grade behind Ramsey for another 8 years. Shortly after that Stewart will request an immediately release and go on to excel at another club.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
In the old days you use to have your U21s, Reserves and 1sts, when I was involved in the game the NSWRL would allow a couple of over age players to play in your U21s. This was to help mentor the young stars coming through your juniors, Harold Matthew, S G Ball and then Jersey Flegg in saying that back in the day there was such a thing called loyalty but that was always a 2 way street. Nowadays it is the almighty $$$.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
In the old days you use to have your U21s, Reserves and 1sts, when I was involved in the game the NSWRL would allow a couple of over age players to play in your U21s. This was to help mentor the young stars coming through your juniors, Harold Matthew, S G Ball and then Jersey Flegg in saying that back in the day there was such a thing called loyalty but that was always a 2 way street. Nowadays it is the almighty $$$.
Are you referring to the report Sloan might have actually gotten a better off elsewhere and that's why he wants out, not because he can't stand Griffin? I agree of course it's all about the money but usually for already established first graders. As for Sloan and Sullivan, I think they just wanted a decent chance. The last few rounds of this year was the time to give them that chance but no, Griffin didn't like that.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Are you referring to the report Sloan might have actually gotten a better off elsewhere and that's why he wants out, not because he can't stand Griffin? I agree of course it's all about the money but usually for already established first graders. As for Sloan and Sullivan, I think they just wanted a decent chance. The last few rounds of this year was the time to give them that chance but no, Griffin didn't like that.
I'd say personally that for a young kid it's not really the almighty $$$ at this stage. It would be the real opportunity to play 1st on a regular basis or be given a fair chance to cement a spot. Once a relationship becomes untenable 1 side has to admit that they may have erred. In these days that's a sign of weakness. So you won't be seeing our old school coach doing that.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I'd say personally that for a young kid it's not really the almighty $$$ at this stage. It would be the real opportunity to play 1st on a regular basis or be given a fair chance to cement a spot. Once a relationship becomes untenable 1 side has to admit that they may have erred. In these days that's a sign of weakness. So you won't be seeing our old school coach doing that.
IMO our old school coach is too arrogant for his own good.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
IMO our old school coach is too arrogant for his own good.
He's not going to change his ways, not now and not because a couple of rising stars don't see eye to eye. It would take a group of young players to suggest that they are leaving the club that nurtured them for senior management to sit up and take notice, because no club wants to lose young rising stars that have been in the system for many years that would be poor management.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
So G.Young wants Sully to wait around for 3 years before he can have a shot at 7 ..... then if Hook is still around that's what Hunt wants , and give him a go after that and has a bad game that will be it for him ...... What a complete Wank ..... If I was Sully I'd follow Sloan straight out the door and don't look back .....

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
So G.Young wants Sully to wait around for 3 years before he can have a shot at 7 ..... then if Hook is still around that's what Hunt wants , and give him a go after that and has a bad game that will be it for him ...... What a complete Wank ..... If I was Sully I'd follow Sloan straight out the door and don't look back .....
I said on another thread, it's so ridiculous one should laugh at it. If one takes these idiots seriously, one will go crazy. They are funny:ROFLMAO:. Anyone seen the program "The Office"? I think this is the kind of thing the Dragons front office do all day.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I said on another thread, it's so ridiculous one should laugh at it. If one takes these idiots seriously, one will go crazy. They are funny:ROFLMAO:. Anyone seen the program "The Office"? I think this is the kind of thing the Dragons front office do all day.
Technically speaking. Albert wants or expects Sully to wait for 4 years because Hunt's contract extension will finish at the end of 3 more seasons. He must have been joking. Anything else makes no sense. I'm just not sure about his sense of humour.:rolleyes:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Technically speaking. Albert wants or expects Sully to wait for 4 years because Hunt's contract extension will finish at the end of 3 more seasons. He must have been joking. Anything else makes no sense. I'm just not sure about his sense of humour.:rolleyes:
Don't forget which era Albert is from, that would be a good reason he has supported the coach

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Old school, Young is part of that era, the 70s, 80s where everyone knew their place, role and responsibilities
And it's his responsibility to pull the trigger on a coach who obviously hasn't worked out. Who puts the interests of 2 players above the interests of the club.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
He's not being released which is curious. If he is behind Ramsey, Mbye and Bird, as was the case this year, why wouldn't the club release him?

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
He's not being released which is curious. If he is behind Ramsey, Mbye and Bird, as was the case this year, why wouldn't the club release him?
Who knows with this lot , just feeling I have , that Hook may not be coaching after first 5 to 6 games next year if his coaching form continues ..... Just a feeling so that would make sense to me with Sloan , not letting him go ......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Who knows with this lot , just feeling I have , that Hook may not be coaching after first 5 to 6 games next year if his coaching form continues ..... Just a feeling so that would make sense to me with Sloan , not letting him go ......
I think so too but...... why wait?

I was giving it some thought. Maybe it went down something like this:

CY = Craig Young
HM= Hook the Moron, not the fashion brand

CY: Macca isn't even reserve grade standard anymore.
HM: Disagree. He just isn't effective for 80min anymore. So lets get the Tigers back up, or 3rd choice hooker next year.
CY: Surely Hunt should be hooker next year or we'll lose Sully.
HM: Sullivan simply isn't that good. He won't make it.
CY: Surely you can work with Sloan to fix his defensive issues.
HM: Not really. He won't committ to tackling. I can't train that.
CY: Ok Hook, we all disagree with you but lets see how your vision plays out in the opening 6 rounfs. If it doesn't go well, you know I'll have no choice but to make a tough call on your position.
HM: I understand that. I firmly believe in my vision.

Last edited: