TYRELL SLOAN

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Getting the best out of a player , being able to talk to each individual and at the same time keep him keen and focused
In one word be a mentor. Act as a uncle or big brother figure, instill confidence in them. Do that and they will jump thru a brick wall for you. All Griffin has done is shown our juniors the door. Yes Illusion Illusion, piss him off Craig Young.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The thing that annoyed me the most was the double standards. Macca wouldn't get dropped no matter what. If Sloan scratched his ass during the game and maybe at training as well, immediately dropped!
Nothing wrong with holding players accountable for bad form but Hooks double standards are unforgivable.

Eric

Staff
Do you think it'd be good if there was some kind of thread where particularly insightful comments or posts were stored?
Nice idea in theory but in practice, everyone has their own opinion on posts being very insightful or not. Having said that, no reason why you can't try it as far as I'm concerned.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
No matter what you think of Sloan or Ramsey or Dufty, it'd be nice if the Dragons produced a fullback who isn't a lightweight.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Dragons fullback Tyrell Sloan is facing a nervous wait with the rising star suffering a suspected syndesmosis injury.

Sloan is preparing to meet with surgeons to determine if he requires an operation for the injury suffered during the NSW Koori Knockout last weekend.

Surgery would result in a three-month recovery.

St George-Illawarra officials are hoping he can avoid surgery and that the 21-year-old’s pre-season hasn’t been severely hampered.

If Sloan requires surgery, he may not be able to commence light running until early December.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons fullback Tyrell Sloan is facing a nervous wait with the rising star suffering a suspected syndesmosis injury.

Sloan is preparing to meet with surgeons to determine if he requires an operation for the injury suffered during the NSW Koori Knockout last weekend.

St George-Illawarra officials are hoping he can avoid surgery and that the 21-year-old’s pre-season hasn’t been severely hampered.

If Sloan requires surgery, he may not be able to commence light running until early December.

If it happened, it happened at the right time.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Look at the bright side. There is finally some news coming out of the club that doesn't revolve around Ben Hunt.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
And here lies the reason he is playing reserve grade the match report from Dragons V Magpies on the weekend. The attacking statistics are really outstanding BUT.

Tyrell Sloan ran amok against the Magpies on Sunday with the 19-year-old fullback scoring a double, setting up another try, getting three linebreaks and six tacklebusts while also notching up 224 running metres. He did however miss three tackles.

Until he learns to defend we are stuck with Mbye. See coaches do know best.
Yes if u can't defend. You are a massive liability.....For me Sloane does not get a start
. I think he is a very scared young man.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
I agree his form has been down and he wouldn't deserve the spot but he has runs on the board from previous seasons and it's true that when he's on, he can do it all. Good defender, good ball skills, goal kicks, drop kicks, ability to beat defenders one on one.
I think our backline is totally too slow. Rav, Suli, Lomax,Amone, and Feargi.All pedestrian. Also think Lomax is not fast enough for fullback. But maybe Flanno can switch Sloane to the wing. RAV & Suli might make a couple of decent second rowers.
Lomax I just don't know. Maybe 5/8? The forwards are a real basket case as well. Theirs a lot of work to be done. Flanno also has to work with those idiots, the Gordon's. Not a brilliant way to relaunch ur coaching career.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I think our backline is totally too slow. Rav, Suli, Lomax,Amone, and Feargi.All pedestrian. Also think Lomax is not fast enough for fullback. But maybe Flanno can switch Sloane to the wing. RAV & Suli might make a couple of decent second rowers.
Lomax I just don't know. Maybe 5/8? The forwards are a real basket case as well. Theirs a lot of work to be done. Flanno also has to work with those idiots, the Gordon's. Not a brilliant way to relaunch ur coaching career.
Yep. Most members here were complaining about it all season. Specifically calling for Rava and Suli to be turned into forwards or let go. One or two slow backs is fine if he is excellent in other areas of the game. But not most of the backline. Even Lomax isn't fast. Sloan is fast, Lomax average but the rest are painfully slow for backs.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yes if u can't defend. You are a massive liability.....For me Sloane does not get a start
. I think he is a very scared young man.
He gets a start for me but is in for an off season from hell to toughen him up. Flanno already alluded to that.

Reactions: QDF

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Rav hasn't got the ability to be anything other than a winger.
Suli might make it in the second row but we have far too many good backrowers coming through. Egan Nick T, Jacob Halangahu and Jarrah Treweek.
Sloan is not a winger.
They either play in their preferred position or we move them on.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Suli might make it in the second row but we have far too many good backrowers coming through. Egan Nick T, Jacob Halangahu and Jarrah Treweek.
Sloan is not a winger.
Well unfortunately if Sloane is not a winger,
He's back in Reserve grade until he's grown a pair of orchestra stalls.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sloan is not a winger.
That's what I was thinking about Suli as well. Really could have used him in the backrow this year but from next year, maybe we have better prospects coming through and just about ready for first grade.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Sloan is not a winger.
Analysis = true
Well unfortunately if Sloane is not a winger,
He's back in Reserve grade until he's grown a pair of orchestra stalls.
Analysis = true

Talent like his can't be taught. Hopefully Flanno can have Suli, Lomax, Rava and JDB beat toughness into him this off season. He'll be back in full training after the Xmas break. Ankle injury is no excuse.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Analysis = true

Analysis = true

Talent like his can't be taught. Hopefully Flanno can have Suli, Lomax, Rava and JDB beat toughness into him this off season. He'll be back in full training after the Xmas break. Ankle injury is no excuse.
Just have him training as a winger. that's it...
"Do not waste anymore time & money on this bloke."

Eric

Staff
Just have him training as a winger. that's it...
"Do not waste anymore time & money on this bloke."
My biggest issue with Sloan was the way his pathetic attempted tackles must surely have demoralised the rest of the team. JDB making 40 effective tackles in the middle a game only to see the fullback not even stick an arm out to prevent an enemy try...... How hard would that be to still be motivated?

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
My biggest issue with Sloan was the way his pathetic attempted tackles must surely have demoralised the rest of the team. JDB making 40 effective tackles in the middle a game only to see the fullback not even stick an arm out to prevent an enemy try...... How hard would that be to still be motivated?
Unfortunately he lacks in the confidence department. The Wing will let him grow in 1st grade experience. Also let him have some time to grow. BUT winger is his last shot.