2024 squad and best 17

Eric

Staff
I'm gonna say Flanno is playing everyone. The Manu this is merely leading the media down the wrong path. He's in deep negotiations with one of the often mentioned 5/8s on the market but wants to keep his cards close to his chest for now.
Disagree. In Flanno's eyes, Kyle is the best 5/8 in the competition.

Eric

Staff
Been told Titans away round 1
the 2 new/old coaches going up against each other. If they get their defence just a bit better and Flanno sticks with the same backline, Sloan will be the only faster runner than the slowest Titans player from excluding their front rowers.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Someone writing about supercoach in the Daily Telegraph. Says Kyle will be 5/8 because of who his dad is. Then says basically, "only joking". No way will he be picked due to nepotism.

Who is the guy fooling? We all know it's 100% nepotism!

Eric

Staff
Someone writing about supercoach in the Daily Telegraph. Says Kyle will be 5/8 because of who his dad is. Then says basically, "only joking". No way will he be picked due to nepotism.

Who is the guy fooling? We all know it's 100% nepotism!
Been a bit of pushback from the club. Insisting Klanno (Kyle Flanno) was on the radar before Flanno was appointed.

Not sure if anyone actually believes that.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Been a bit of pushback from the club. Insisting Klanno (Kyle Flanno) was on the radar before Flanno was appointed.

Not sure if anyone actually believes that.
Flanno has dreams of him and Kyle replicating Ivan and Nathan Cleary🤪

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
N

Nice plan but unlikely to happen.
Unlikely? I'm all for giving Kyle a chance to show something much more impressive than what I have seen of him at the Sharks, Roosters and Dogs but no way will he ever be 1/10th as good as Nathan Cleary.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS TABLE OFFER TO SICK STAR

The Dragons have reportedly tabled a contract extension to star fullback Cody Ramsey despite no guarantees he will ever play another game of rugby league. That is according to the SMH, who are reporting Red V powerbrokers are negotiating to extend his current contract, hoping to give him time to recover from his illness.

His extension will reportedly see him remain at the Dragons until the end of 2025, with his current contract expiring at the end of the 2024 season. His salary is set to be paid by the club itself in a selfless gesture, with the remaining funds he is owed on his current contract reportedly set to be split and paid over the next two seasons.

Dragons powerbrokers have reportedly been in regular conversations with NRL salary cap auditors and have been negotiating how to continue their support for Ramsey. His new contract will see him drop out of the 30, allowing Shane Flanagan to make another signing.

I wish Cody well. This illness is the opposite of "the gift that keeps on giving" but hopefully he's over the worst and has an opportunity in 2025.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Updated Dragons top 30 list

supplementary list players

train and trial players

• Junior Amone
  • Jack Bird
  • Ryan Couchman
  • Toby Couchman
  • Jack de Belin
  • Mat Feagai
  • Max Feagai
  • Viliami Fifita
  • Sione Finau
  • Kyle Flanagan
  • Ben Hunt
  • Blake Lawrie
  • Jacob Liddle
  • Zac Lomax
  • Francis Molo
  • Michael Molo
  • Ben Murdoch-Masila
  • Cody Ramsey
  • Mikaele Ravalawa
  • Dan Russell
  • Hame Sele
  • Tyrell Sloan
  • Jaydn Su'A
  • Moses Suli
  • Savelio Tamale
  • Alec Tuitavake
  • Paul Turner
  • Corey Ackers
  • Josh Coric
  • Dylan Egan
  • Connor Muhleisen
  • Jackson Shereb
  • Hamish Stewart
  • Hayden Buchanan
  • Finau Latu
  • Jett Liu
  • Lyhkan King-Togia
  • Loko Pasifiki Tonga
  • Kade Reed
  • Nick Tsougranis
  • Jacob Webster
27 names and Amone and Ramsey sure to be cut. So 5 spots to fill. Can probably recruit 1 or 2 more players but going to be a really young squad. And Max Feagai and BMM have an invitation to leave.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
I hope this is the team come round 1. That is, I hope some of those young players are up to the task and I hope Sloan can dramatically harden up over the off season. His ankle injury is an excellent opportunity to hit the gym for 6 hours a day with a lot of protein shakes.
  1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mikaele Ravalawa
  3. Zac Lomax (vc)
  4. Moses Suli
  5. Sione Finau
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Blake Lawrie
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Toby Couchman
  11. Jaydn Su'A
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Jack de Belin (c)

14. Hame Sele
  15. Jack Bird
  16. Michael Molo or Frank Molo
  17. Ryan Couchman

18. Kyle Flanagan
Pressure is on Suli to keep Tamale out.
Surely Sloane is out .
Is not a fullbacks bootlace....he is a coward. Possibly a winger. Only because of his speed. Must learn to tackle head on.
In the offseason. If not he back to Reserve grade. Been given enough chances.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Surely Sloane is out .
Is not a fullbacks bootlace....he is a coward. Possibly a winger. Only because of his speed. Must learn to tackle head on.
I personally would like SLOANE gone...he's shown us , on a number of occasions.
He is a hopeless coward...no ticker...

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
True. Missing tackles is one thing but lacking courage to even try is unacceptable. But in attack..... If Flanno will give him a chance to toughen up. But it's his last chance or the ESL awaits.

Reactions: QDF

Eric

Staff
Surely Sloane is out .
I commented a few times that his weakness but really demoralise the rest of team. But who do we have to replace him? I think Zac might work out as 5/8 but not confident about him at fullback.

Flanno wants to work with Sloan. To me, that sounds like toughen him up. Lets give him a chance under the new regime.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I'm going to give Griffin some credit. I think most people were confused by Griffin suggesting Ramsey was going to be fullback before he got sick. He was right. Sloan needed more work on his game before being thrown into first grade on a weekly basis. Hopefully he is doing that work now. I know he has an ankle problem so hitting the gym for 4~5 hours a day should be part of that work.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

2024 Supplementary List

• Corey Ackers - Been hearing good things about him for a while. Prop, isn't he? Probably 2025 before he's in first grade.
  • Josh Coric - Did his knee last year in the pre-season. Hoping for big things from him.
  • Dylan Egan - As with Ackers but Just a Mug Fan Just a Mug Fan seems to think he might be ready next year. Hope so.
  • Connor Muhleisen - I hope he does well but seems a big slow out of dummy half.
  • Jackson Shereb - Been hearing good things about him for a while but from what I've seen, too lazy. Doesn't want to roll his sleeves up.
  • Hamish Stewart - Who is he?

2024 Train-and-Trial Players

• Hayden Buchanan - Saw the Aus schoolboys game on here. Was it this bloke bloke who came off the bench? Might be a very good 5/8 in 2025.
  • Finau Latu - As above for Aus schoolboys. Though I get mixed up who is who. This bloke was the lock, wasn't he? Again, a very good prospect but probably in 2025.
  • Jett Liu - ?
  • Lyhkan King-Togia - High hopes in this bloke to become an excellent half or 5/8.
  • Loko Pasifiki Tonga - As above for Aus schoolboys. He's really big. Big enough for first grade already. Probably needs to get fitter and stronger.
  • Kade Reed - ?
  • Nicholas Tsougranis - Saw him in the U20s Origin game. Was very impressed. Good leg speed. Must be hard to tackle.
  • Jacob Webster - I've heard the name but ........ can't remember where.