Eric

Staff
A true believer. I'm just a hard facts man. I hope you are right but I very much doubt it. I'm personally hoping no worse than 12th. I hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.
My head tells me you are right. Heart tells me otherwise.

I'm always super optimistic this time of year. But last year the squad was filled with NRL and even QLD Cup journeymen. This year the development players already named are good, young local juniors and it looks lIke the remaining 4 spots in the top 30 will be as well.

Sloan has had another year to put on some more muscle. That should help his game.

Reason to be optimistic, isn't it?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

I'm always super optimistic this time of year. But last year the squad was filled with NRL and even QLD Cup journeymen. This year the development players already named are good, young local juniors and it looks lIke the remaining 4 spots in the top 30 will be as well.

Sloan has had another year to put on some more muscle. That should help his game.

Being overly optimistic isn't bad if you are prepared for the crash. But you are right. Next season is looking better than last season.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Suddenly the media is full of Dragons stories..... I guess despite the troubles of the last decade, it's still a big brand!

‘Got to own that jersey’: Woods’ warning to ‘under pressure’ Dragons​

Off-contract Dragons prop Aaron Woods admits the pressure is on him and his young St George Illawarra teammates to deliver as they bid to return to the finals in 2023.

The Dragons missed the finals in Woods’ first season in the Red V, making it two years under Anthony Griffin without September footy.

Woods believes the Dragons can’t afford to let opportunities slip in such a close competition if they want to return the proud club to where it belongs.

Unless Woods is much better than last year, it'll be a problem if he's in the best 17.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

‘Two alpha males competing’: De Belin buoyed by Dragons bust-up as ‘special’ season builds​

Dragons forward Jack de Belin sees the fire behind teammates Zac Lomax and Junior Amone’s training bust-up as a good omen for the side heading into a make or break 2023 campaign.

Lomax and Amone had to be separated by teammates after a scuffle broke out at an open training session last week, but Lomax has seen it all before and believes it is a good sign for a hungry Dragons squad after a disappointing 2022 season.
If Amone is an alpha male, he'd better show his fangs next season.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Yes optimism is always a positive trait. I personally just believe that the playing group are not united, time will tell by way of our on field performances.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

‘Two alpha males competing’: De Belin buoyed by Dragons bust-up as ‘special’ season builds​

Dragons forward Jack de Belin sees the fire behind teammates Zac Lomax and Junior Amone’s training bust-up as a good omen for the side heading into a make or break 2023 campaign.

Lomax and Amone had to be separated by teammates after a scuffle broke out at an open training session last week, but Lomax has seen it all before and believes it is a good sign for a hungry Dragons squad after a disappointing 2022 season.
If Amone is an alpha male, he'd better show his fangs next season.
Show his fangs🐉😀

Eric

Staff
Yes optimism is always a positive trait. I personally just believe that the playing group are not united, time will tell by way of our on field performances.
I'm a little less optimistic after seeing this.

St George Illawarra Dragons set to poach Warriors enforcer after immediate release​

The Dragons are poised to sign Tongan international Ben Murdoch-Masila for 2023 after he finalised a release from the final year of his Warriors deal. It was reported Murdoch-Masila will make the switch to the Dragons on a two-year deal after his release from the Warriors.

“One New Zealand Warriors forward Ben Murdoch-Masila has been granted a release to continue his career with another NRL club,” the Warriors said in a statement.
Yet another journeyman forward from a team that has finished lower than us on the competition table over the last few years. There is something wrong with the brains on these morons!!:mad:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons set to poach Warriors enforcer after immediate release​

The Dragons are poised to sign Tongan international Ben Murdoch-Masila for 2023 after he finalised a release from the final year of his Warriors deal. It was reported Murdoch-Masila will make the switch to the Dragons on a two-year deal after his release from the Warriors.

“One New Zealand Warriors forward Ben Murdoch-Masila has been granted a release to continue his career with another NRL club,” the Warriors said in a statement.
Yet another journeyman forward from a team that has finished lower than us on the competition table over the last few years. There is something wrong with the brains on these morons!!:mad:
31 years-old has played 85 NRL games for the Tigers, Panthers, Warriors and 127 games for Salford and Warrington in the ESL. Super-coach Griffin wants him for 2 years.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons set to poach Warriors enforcer after immediate release

It will be ok if Josh Kerr is leaving.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Lets hope Sullivan and Hunt can make a good half - 5/8 combination.

Dragons player Junior Amone in police custody over alleged hammer attack​

Dragons player Talatau Junior Amone will spend the night in police custody after being charged over an alleged hammer attack on a tradie near his Warrawong home last month.

The Illawarra Mercury reported Talatau Junior Amone, was arrested at his home on Thursday morning and charged with reckless grievous bodily harm in company, damaging property and intimidation.

Court documents seen by the Mercury said the victim parked his vehicle legally on the nature strip in Vermont Road before starting work on a two-storey building on the morning of Tuesday, November 15.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Lets hope Sullivan and Hunt can make a good half - 5/8 combination.

Dragons player Junior Amone in police custody over alleged hammer attack​

Dragons player Talatau Junior Amone will spend the night in police custody after being charged over an alleged hammer attack on a tradie near his Warrawong home last month.

The Illawarra Mercury reported Talatau Junior Amone, was arrested at his home on Thursday morning and charged with reckless grievous bodily harm in company, damaging property and intimidation.

Court documents seen by the Mercury said the victim parked his vehicle legally on the nature strip in Vermont Road before starting work on a two-storey building on the morning of Tuesday, November 15.

Damn. A good excuse to not sack Griffin?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So there you have it probably the reason for the fight. Amones father still in custody now for a month. Amone was also involved, yet decided to run from the consequences of his actions, now in custody. One thing I believe I pride myself on after 39yrs serving the community and coaching was the self taught ability to characterise people. Griffin has lost the dressing room, there is scant respect for him , he needs to go. The Dragons organisation sinks further into the quicksand, talking about name changes, seriously? If found guilty he should never be allowed to wear the red v again, the facts speak for themselves.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
So there you have it probably the reason for the fight. Amones father still in custody now for a month. Amone was also involved, yet decided to run from the consequences of his actions, now in custody. One thing I believe I pride myself on after 39yrs serving the community and coaching was the self taught ability to characterise people. Griffin has lost the dressing room, there is scant respect for him , he needs to go. The Dragons organisation sinks further into the quicksand, talking about name changes, seriously? If found guilty he should never be allowed to wear the red v again, the facts speak for themselves.
Certainly not a good situation but was he 19 when it happened? An adult but may cut him a little slack because his dad might have been leading him. He may not have known his dad was going to attack with a hammer. Lets wait and see what happens in court today.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Certainly not a good situation but was he 19 when it happened? An adult but may cut him a little slack because his dad might have been leading him. He may not have known his dad was going to attack with a hammer. Lets wait and see what happens in court today.
In my view it just highlights the predicament the club is in. It's divided, there is no mutual respect for each other whether it be in the boardroom or the dressing room. Everyone makes mistakes that is what makes us who we are. One responsibility of a coach is to mentor and develop young players they become for want of a better phrase their defacto father, they don't necessarily take over that role in regards to family especially with islander families, that is sacred ground. But they are there to protect them, guide them, provide advice if called upon to do so. These are responsibilities any decent coach has in my view. So when you have players going to a BBQ during covid, players being treated differently, players allegedly committing serious criminal offences, in my view it all adds up to what type of culture those players are being brought up in, and now we also have 2 of our clubs legends, Cooper, who had a go at the past culture refused to attend a reunion, and now Slippery Morris today threatening to not be associated with the club because of some silly name change poll. Seriously?? I have been consistent on this and other forums in saying that my once beloved club has become a business and is no longer a football club and the culture over the past 10 yrs is slowly poisoning our great traditions and this is reflected in our on field performances. The facts are there. It's so very sad.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I disagree. It is apparent to me the playing group hold no fear of him or respect for him. He needs to go and so should the managers who allowed our once great club become a rabble.
Not saying that's what I think should happen but that's what I think might happen. Griffin and the head office will use it as an excuse.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
In my view it just highlights the predicament the club is in. It's divided, there is no mutual respect for each other whether it be in the boardroom or the dressing room. Everyone makes mistakes that is what makes us who we are. One responsibility of a coach is to mentor and develop young players they become for want of a better phrase their defacto father, they don't necessarily take over that role in regards to family especially with islander families, that is sacred ground. But they are there to protect them, guide them, provide advice if called upon to do so. These are responsibilities any decent coach has in my view. So when you have players going to a BBQ during covid, players being treated differently, players allegedly committing serious criminal offences, in my view it all adds up to what type of culture those players are being brought up in, and now we also have 2 of our clubs legends, Cooper, who had a go at the past culture refused to attend a reunion, and now Slippery Morris today threatening to not be associated with the club because of some silly name change poll. Seriously?? I have been consistent on this and other forums in saying that my once beloved club has become a business and is no longer a football club and the culture over the past 10 yrs is slowly poisoning our great traditions and this is reflected in our on field performances. The facts are there. It's so very sad.
I agree the coach has to go. Hopefully Doust goes with him but don't hold your breath waiting for that. But the Slippery Morris thing is a non-issue. They probably had to ring around for hours trying to find someone to speak out against the name reverting to St George Dragons.