Charity Shield 2024

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Who is organising the team if Lomax is the 5/8th? who will be our secondary kicking option? Things to consider when seeing the composition of our spine. I always thought Lomax could be an good ball playing 13 or fullback.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Who is organising the team if Lomax is the 5/8th? who will be our secondary kicking option? Things to consider when seeing the composition of our spine. I always thought Lomax could be an good ball playing 13 or fullback.
What's the difference no one's organizing the team now ....... So it can't be much worse ....... Nothing will change with this team until we get a proper 7 which Hunt isn't .......... Who was our last real number 7 ............ ? Hornby did a good job but was again a makeshift 7 ........ I think it would have been Noel Goldthorpe , anyone ........ ?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
There's that as well.

Zac can learn to do that.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
What's the difference no one's organizing the team now ....... So it can't be much worse ....... Nothing will change with this team until we get a proper 7 which Hunt isn't .......... Who was our last real number 7 ............ ? Hornby did a good job but was again a makeshift 7 ........ I think it would have been Noel Goldthorpe , anyone ........ ?
Matt Head. Couldn't run but was good organising the team.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The best Dragons half backs I have watched in my lifetime would be
Billy Smith
Steve Morris
Noel Goldthorpe
Ben Hornby
I think Hornby couldn't have done what he did without Sowie being the main organiser. I hope Kyle Flanno might become a good organising 5/8 so Hunt can concentrate running but after the game on Saturday, I don't believe he can do that.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Will Shane Flanagan persist with Zac Lomax on the wing?

Zac Lomax needs to be closer to the action, at fullback, as one of St George Illawarra’s genuine strike weapons. Flanagan also agreed Lomax’s involvement needs to increase during the pre-season, almost teasing that the 24-year old would make a permanent switch to fullback in 2024 – so watching him on the wing last weekend left Red V fans perplexed. Tyrell Sloan is a player of the future but the Dragons need results now or at least to show signs of improvement early. Sloan had a mixed bag in the Charity Shield, drifting in and out of the game and lacked impact running the ball back and making costly errors. It should be enough for Lomax to leap ahead of Sloan in the fullbacks pecking order with the latter given a run on the wing.

Please stop it Flanno. You have what you thought was a bright idea but admit you were wrong before the season starts.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

Will Shane Flanagan persist with Zac Lomax on the wing?

Zac Lomax needs to be closer to the action, at fullback, as one of St George Illawarra’s genuine strike weapons. Flanagan also agreed Lomax’s involvement needs to increase during the pre-season, almost teasing that the 24-year old would make a permanent switch to fullback in 2024 – so watching him on the wing last weekend left Red V fans perplexed. Tyrell Sloan is a player of the future but the Dragons need results now or at least to show signs of improvement early. Sloan had a mixed bag in the Charity Shield, drifting in and out of the game and lacked impact running the ball back and making costly errors. It should be enough for Lomax to leap ahead of Sloan in the fullbacks pecking order with the latter given a run on the wing.

Please stop it Flanno. You have what you thought was a bright idea but admit you were wrong before the season starts.
Remember how Griffin was just so stubborn? He had an idea and just stuck with it even when it very obviously wasn't working?

If Flanno sticks with Zac on the wing and Kyle at 5/8, it'll be similar vibes.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Remember how Griffin was just so stubborn? He had an idea and just stuck with it even when it very obviously wasn't working?

If Flanno sticks with Zac on the wing and Kyle at 5/8, it'll be similar vibes.
I think he will end up at fullback because I think Sloans is not going to cut it in our team ...... I think Sloan can be ok but not in this team , he needs to be in a side that can defend and attack ...... He needs time so will Flanno persevere with him and let him get into his groove if he cost us a few games ? I hope Flanno gives him the time to work on his flaws ....... But can't see Flanno doing this because his job is on the line also ........ Time will tell the first 5 games or so and we will know some answers .........

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I think he will end up at fullback because I think Sloans is not going to cut it in our team ...... I think Sloan can be ok but not in this team , he needs to be in a side that can defend and attack ...... He needs time so will Flanno persevere with him and let him get into his groove if he cost us a few games ? I hope Flanno gives him the time to work on his flaws ....... But can't see Flanno doing this because his job is on the line also ........ Time will tell the first 5 games or so and we will know some answers .........
Give Sloan a bit more time to get it right but might be better if he does it in NSW Cup.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Give Sloan a bit more time to get it right but might be better if he does it in NSW Cup.
I hear you but it's a completely different game and rules , so he won't learn anything there and that goes for the young guys who haven't played first grade ........ If Sloan doesn't start improving soon he won't make it ......