Front Office

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Depressing but seems accurate. I hope you're wrong as well.
On a more positive note my mate tells me that we are getting rid of Woods because part of his contract is that he played a certain amount of 1st grade games this season which he won't reach barring a catastrophe in injuries but bad news for Muhleisen fans he is not being considered to play 1sts before 2024 so we are also chasing another hooker. It appears somebody at the club has worked out we need 2 hookers in the starting 17. More good news is that after the board meeting there will be changes to the coaches support staff hopefully that means assisting coaches and recruitment. Stay tuned

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm nowhere near as pessimistic as you. Remember back in the day a year after Gaz was released to play rugby in France? I think they had been knocked out in week 1 of the finals which was considered a success at the time. Then Bennett came to coach and the rest is history.
I remember

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
On a more positive note my mate tells me that we are getting rid of Woods because part of his contract is that he played a certain amount of 1st grade games this season which he won't reach barring a catastrophe in injuries but bad news for Muhleisen fans he is not being considered to play 1sts before 2024 so we are also chasing another hooker. It appears somebody at the club has worked out we need 2 hookers in the starting 17. More good news is that after the board meeting there will be changes to the coaches support staff hopefully that means assisting coaches and recruitment. Stay tuned
Not ready for first grade until he is 23? If Griffin is sacked, I think Muhleisen will be in for McCullough that week.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Not ready for first grade until he is 23? If Griffin is sacked, I think Muhleisen will be in for McCullough that week.
Is he even good enough for first grade? The main issue is that Macca is definately no longer first grade standard.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Unfortunately it was unanimous vote Griffin stays so let's see if my information is any good. I have been saying Muhleisen should already be in but because of the contract he is currently on he won't be playing 1sts this season but may be weaned into the squad next season depending upon whether we buy another hooker elsewhere

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Unfortunately it was unanimous vote Griffin stays so let's see if my information is any good. I have been saying Muhleisen should already be in but because of the contract he is currently on he won't be playing 1sts this season but may be weaned into the squad next season depending upon whether we buy another hooker elsewhere
Wait for a few more losses in a row. Though I know how this club operates. Has since Browny. I can't remember well before that. So Brown used to be lose, lose, lose, lose, pressure was on, everyone was talking about him getting sacked, then a win and he'd get his contract extended. With the exception of 3 years under Bennett, rinse and repeat that model.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Just wait until a few more losses. As for Muhleisen, he is on a development contract this year. He is eligible for first grade now. Someone is feeding you false information.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Just wait until a few more losses. As for Muhleisen, he is on a development contract this year. He is eligible for first grade now. Someone is feeding you false information.
You misunderstood me I am aware of the contract he is on and the bonus clauses attached to this type of contract. What I am informed of is that he is not being considered for 1st grade because of the coach wants to protect and nuture him akin to Sloan and our other young stars. In fact if Griffin had his way you wouldn't have seen either Amone or Sullivan playing regular 1sts. I wanted Muhleisen in the team yesterday but its not going to happen mark my words

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
You misunderstood me I am aware of the contract he is on and the bonus clauses attached to this type of contract. What I am informed of is that he is not being considered for 1st grade because of the coach wants to protect and nuture him akin to Sloan and our other young stars. In fact if Griffin had his way you wouldn't have seen either Amone or Sullivan playing regular 1sts. I wanted Muhleisen in the team yesterday but its not going to happen mark my words
That makes sense but until he is 23?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
bad news for Muhleisen fans he is not being considered to play 1sts before 2024
I read this too. So we fork our for a player we cant afford due to salary cap restraint yet leave a promising local junior wallowing in the lower grades for two more years. Makes a lot of sense that. Also hearing that while Griffin's tenure is safe for time being, some of his support staff are on extremely thin ice. Heading the queue to be jettisoned should be our defense and attack coaches.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Boss Craig Young and former prop Mick Weyman have blasted unrest in the dressing room as 'disloyalty' and that it wont be tolerated. So Albert you want a disgruntled core of players on your hands and expect them to perform for the RedV week in week out. Something will have to give or we may see a mass walkout of players. Is that a bit over the top?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Is the fact the club is sniffing around for another hooker telling us that Macca's position is under scrutiny. If so finally some sense prevails.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
I trust the information JoDragon got is correct but not the reasons for it. The reason he has to "develop" in the NSW Cup for another year is because the apple of Griffin's eye, McCullough is contracted until the end of 2023.

Eric

Staff
Boss Craig Young and former prop Mick Weyman have blasted unrest in the dressing room as 'disloyalty' and that it wont be tolerated. So Albert you want a disgruntled core of players on your hands and expect them to perform for the RedV week in week out. Something will have to give or we may see a mass walkout of players. Is that a bit over the top?
Agree. What do they expect? This coach and his blind loyalty to his superstar U20s Broncos side of 15 years ago is bordering on mental sickness.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Mick Weyman, what a legend. He never said anything publicly but the entire universe knew he had contempt for coach Steven Price.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Money money 💰 that is what loyalty looks like these days.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
My money is on Jack Gosiewski or Tyrell Fuimaono and that's why they've fallen way off the chart for first grade. I'd bet the latter as he is competing for a spot against McGurie directly. Though I know Hook picked McGuire as an edge forward for a few games there so it could be Gosiewski.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
My money is on Jack Gosiewski or Tyrell Fuimaono and that's why they've fallen way off the chart for first grade. I'd bet the latter as he is competing for a spot against McGurie directly. Though I know Hook picked McGuire as an edge forward for a few games there so it could be Gosiewski.
Luckily we all agree on this forum that Griffin doesn't play favourites 🙄

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Two Dragons assistants gone in Red V cleanout — but it’s not bad news for Griffin​

The Dragons have reportedly axed their two assistant coaches for next season following reports head coach Anthony Griffin’s future was under the microscope. Griffin informed assistants Peter Gentle and Mathew Head that they would not be required next year, but both will stay on for the remainder of the 2022 season. Reports suggest the St George Illawarra club are putting their faith in Griffin for the time being, and chief executive Ryan Webb confirmed the pair of assistants were informed of the decision on Tuesday.

Peter Gentle absolutely had to go. Not sure what Matt Head has done wrong. He had a great record in the lower grades.