Front Office

Eric

Staff
Ladies and Gentlemen, finally some good news!

Nathan Brown emerges as shock contender for Dragons job​

No, not head coach! As head of recruitment! IMO it's a match made in heaven! He was responsible for bringing in Coops, Gaz, Bull Baily, Ryles, Brent Kite. He didn't do nearly enough with them once they were in the NRL but if Griffin or McGregor or Price were coaching, they would have been sent packing before playing any NRL due high priced, severely under performing imports!

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Ladies and Gentlemen, finally some good news!

Nathan Brown emerges as shock contender for Dragons job​

No, not head coach! As head of recruitment! IMO it's a match made in heaven! He was responsible for bringing in Coops, Gaz, Bull Baily, Ryles, Brent Kite. He didn't do nearly enough with them once they were in the NRL but if Griffin or McGregor or Price were coaching, they would have been sent packing before playing any NRL due high priced, severely under performing imports!
Not saying I disagree but just wondering why you have faith in him in that position? Didn't do too much good at Newcastle and Warriors.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Not saying I disagree but just wondering why you have faith in him in that position? Didn't do too much good at Newcastle and Warriors.
Seriously? I personally don't believe in any ex players coaching the club he played for. It's disaster. My reasoning is simple because that individual is so accustomed to the culture they can't see the trees through the forest. For the last 11 years our club culture has been abysmal, our coaching selections speak for itself also our failure to nurture and retain our young stars. Having Brown even mentioned is in itself an indication that we have failed to learn by our past mistakes. A big NO from me. Just my views.

Eric

Staff
Seriously? I personally don't believe in any ex players coaching the club he played for. It's disaster. My reasoning is simple because that individual is so accustomed to the culture they can't see the trees through the forest. For the last 11 years our club culture has been abysmal, our coaching selections speak for itself also our failure to nurture and retain our young stars. Having Brown even mentioned is in itself an indication that we have failed to learn by our past mistakes. A big NO from me. Just my views.
There is no way I'd want him back as a head coach. I think he has drawn a line through being a head coach.
Good point. At the Warriors, due to Covid, he never really got a chance. He took over Newcastle when it was in a terrible mess with the salary cap. The reason I'm confident in him in the pathways position isn't because of who he brought into the NRL at the Dragons but how he was asked, a long time ago, who he'd most like to recruit from another club. He nominated a guy playing for Parramatta in Jersey Flegg. His name was Jaryd Hayne. No matter what you think of Hayne, the fact Browny recognised he was not only going to be a star but the one Browny would most like to recruit for the Dragons when he was still playing Flegg, in my mind, makes Browny an excellent talent scout. I could be wrong.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Coops, Gaz, Bull Baily, Ryles, Brent Kite

Beg to differ that Brown gave us our centre pair. Gasnier was a St George junior with the famous Renown United club while Cooper was a Steelers junior, hailed from Shellharbour. Without doubt one of the best centre combos of the modern era. Jason Ryles also a Steelers junior. So a natural progression when the JV happened. Same for Trent Barret.

What of Brown's famous or was it infamous face slap of Trent Barret. Perhaps not the man for pathway kids.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Beg to differ that Brown gave us the centre pair. Gasnier was a St George junior with the famous Renown United club while Cooper was a Steelers junior, hailed from Shellharbour. Without doubt one of the best centre combos of the modern era. Jason Ryles also a Steelers junior. So a natural progression when the JV happened. Same for Trent Barret.

What of Brown's famous or was it infamous face slap of Trent Barret. Perhaps not the man for pathway kids.
Brown was thrown in the deep end as head coach way before he was ready. That is very typical of the Dragons.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Brown was thrown in the deep end as head coach way before he was ready. That is very typical of the Dragons.
Yeh. He still has a full head of surfie blonde hair.

Ok Brown replacing Flanagan.. head coach role remains up in the air. Tell us what is happening re this you zip mouthed suits.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Yeh. He still has a full head of surfie blonde hair.

Ok Brown replacing Flanagan.. head coach role remains up in the air. Tell us what is happening re this you zip mouthed suits.
There is no way I'd want him back as a head coach. I think he has drawn a line through being a head coach.

Good point. At the Warriors, due to Covid, he never really got a chance. He took over Newcastle when it was in a terrible mess with the salary cap. The reason I'm confident in him in the pathways position isn't because of who he brought into the NRL at the Dragons but how he was asked, a long time ago, who he'd most like to recruit from another club. He nominated a guy playing for Parramatta in Jersey Flegg. His name was Jaryd Hayne. No matter what you think of Hayne, the fact Browny recognised he was not only going to be a star but the one Browny would most like to recruit for the Dragons when he was still playing Flegg, in my mind, makes Browny an excellent talent scout. I could be wrong.
Lets remember that at this point it's still just a rumour. I hope he comes home but I also think an outsider would be good.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The issue here is who in their right minds coach or player would want to come to our club. The answer is nobody and that is a fact.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The issue here is who in their right minds coach or player would want to come to our club. The answer is nobody and that is a fact.
You are wrong here. At least 2 rejects the wooden spoon team doesn't want are more than happy to join the Dragons. Along with some guy from the QLD Cup. Will probably play one game, see he's way out of his depth, and be back in QLD Cup in 2024.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I
You are wrong here. At least 2 rejects the wooden spoon team doesn't want are more than happy to join the Dragons. Along with some guy from the QLD Cup. Will probably play one game, see he's way out of his depth, and be back in QLD Cup in 2024.
I did say in their right minds 😆

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
H
Lets remember that at this point it's still just a rumour. I hope he comes home but I also think an outsider would be good.
He has proven himself with the Cowboys as a good defensive coach so as an assistant I don't mind but not as a head coach

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
H

He has proven himself with the Cowboys as a good defensive coach so as an assistant I don't mind but not as a head coach
I was talking about Browny as head of Pathways, not Dean Young as head coach. Dean Young shouldn't even be considered for another 5 years!

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Apparently Craig Young is gone next week. How sad such a club legend has done so much to ruin his reputation. And I don't mean this business with Finch. I mean his backing for Griffin.