Front Office

Eric

Staff
Not what I wanted to hear after what has been a bloody harrowing 10 days. Colon tumor was malign but his surgeon has gotten all of it.
Did that come across wrong? It wasn't meant to. I don't want to talk about it but have experience with that and close family members. I just mean, it's a part of life but I certainly hope for the best for you and your family.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Did that come across wrong? It wasn't meant to. I don't want to talk about it but have experience with that and close family members. I just mean, it's a part of life but I certainly hope for the best for you and your family.
Not what I wanted to hear after what has been a bloody harrowing 10 days. Colon tumor was malign but his surgeon has gotten all of it.
Lets cheer up and hope for the best!

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
News LTD is furious about this name change thing. Amplifying the voices of predictably upset ex Steelers players and the few fans. Not a peep from Fairfax. At least not yet.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I am not concerned by what Junior Amone did on that worksite. He was backing up his old man. Family must stick together, and Pacific Islanders are especially family centric. I also like this new found aggression Junior is showing at training. Now young fellar transform it to the matches, mostly in your defense.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Happy Christmas to you and all St George Illawarra supporters! I hope it goes well for all involved. It's important to remain optimistic.

All I want for Christmas is the return of the St George Dragons!
Here here. We basicly kept the Steelers from folding. We no longer owe them a thing. The HPC is not built yet, base it in the spiritual home of St George instead.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I am not concerned by what Junior Amone did on that worksite. He was backing up his old man.Family must stick together, and Pacific Islanders are especially family centric. I also like this new found aggression Junior is showing at training. Now young fellar transform it to the matches, mostly in your defense.
Well hopefully he will have a chance to show this new found aggression on the field this year. Looking doubtful at this stage.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
If we return to the St George Dragons we must have something done about the archaic Kogarah Oval. Ideas?
Kogarah needs to be upgraded in order to play the 6 or so games there. It's not that bad but really "rural" compared to the facilities a lot of other clubs have.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I have often been told my heart rules my head. I pray we return to a stand alone club before I leave this earth.
I feel your pain. I honestly do but it won't happen. It can't. The club can't survive as it did unless the Shonkies and Rorters go bankrupt and are kicked out. Even then, it's doubtful. As I said about the south coast. The best result would be for the Shonkies to be gone and Dragons create a southern Sydney, South Coast "super club".

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I have often been told my heart rules my head. I pray we return to a stand alone club before I leave this earth.
Do you attend almost every Kogarah game? If the name reverts back to how it should be, why worry about the club being based in Wollongong or Kogarah?

I misspoke. The club is still based mostly in Kogarah. The training base is in Wollongong.

Last edited:

Saints94

SGI Junior League
How many of you are concerned about the HPC and all Dragons activities, admin and football related being moved to Wollongong?

I think the Dragons should keep a relationship with the Illawarra but should be based out of Kogarah. The Illawarra Steelers as a club have folded, St Geoege bailed them out and WIN corporation bought the Steelers out. Most Dragons fans are based out of St George and the surrounding areas in Sydney and Sydney is where all the sponsorship dollars are generated.

A move away from Kogarah and Sydney in general could be detrimental to the Dragons by driving away so much of its supporters. The South Coast covers are large physical area but the population is small and doesn't generate much money at all, again, the Illawarra Steelers club died and Illawarra as a club pushed to merge with St George to survive, they could never do it alone.

St George and the surrounding regions in Sydney is where most supprters are and is where you can generate more support moving into the future. It is also where the foundations of the powerful and very famous St George brand was developed.

Being based in Sydney is critical and I'm wondering if as many of us Dragons supporters can come together and try to make a push for the Dragons to move back to Sydney and base its HPC and all activities in the Southern Sydney/St George region due to its vital importance.

I think it's crucial if we can come together as fans to make the club understand the importance of being based in Sydney.

I'd love to know the thoughts of everyone here?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
My understanding is that it is being done under the guise of a financially driven move. If you have a look at recent years attendance figures for Kogarah it paints a dark picture, granted one of the reasons is because we are not competitive. The club is in turmoil and has been for the last 10 yrs. It is clear to see from decisions made during this period of time that the Illawarra arm of the club now holds the decision making and financial clout. Some may disagree but the evidence is clear and I personally and honestly fear that the Dragons brand, the big red V jersey, will continue to decline into the ether. In my experience players don't want to travel long distances to attend training sessions or club days. You can clearly see this in our recent recruitments nobody wants to come and play for a club that is in turmoil both on and off the field. It's so very sad.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
My understanding is that it is being done under the guise of a financially driven move. If you have a look at recent years attendance figures for Kogarah it paints a dark picture, granted one of the reasons is because we are not competitive. The club is in turmoil and has been for the last 10 yrs. It is clear to see from decisions made during this period of time that the Illawarra arm of the club now holds the decision making and financial clout. Some may disagree but the evidence is clear and I personally and honestly fear that the Dragons brand, the big red V jersey, will continue to decline into the ether. In my experience players don't want to travel long distances to attend training sessions or club days. You can clearly see this in our recent recruitments nobody wants to come and play for a club that is in turmoil both on and off the field. It's so very sad.
I don't think the Red V brand is going anywhere. In fact I see it growing despite the fact the club is transitioning away from Sydney.