Front Office

Saints94

SGI Junior League
I agree - we as fans need to get together and somehow figure out a way to hold the board accountable. This iconic club has had 12 years where it hasn't placed above 7th.

There are thousands of Dragons fans across the country, surely we can get together and do something to hold the people running to joint accountable for the past 12 years of failure.

Eric

Staff
I agree - we as fans need to get together and somehow figure out a way to hold the board accountable. This iconic club has had 12 years where it hasn't placed above 7th.

There are thousands of Dragons fans across the country, surely we can get together and do something to hold the people running to joint accountable for the past 12 years of failure.
Already been tried during the tenure of Mr Steven Price. After several weeks of trying to organise everything, literally 6 or 7 people showed up at the leagues club with "Oust Doust" placards.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Already been tried during the tenure of Mr Steven Price. After several weeks of trying to organise everything, literally 6 or 7 people showed up at the leagues club with "Oust Doust" placards.
Public pressure resulted in Doust standing down that might have made it worse! Now he's behind the scenes pulling the strings behind the scenes and unaccountable.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Public pressure resulted in Doust standing down that might have made it worse! Now he's behind the scenes pulling the strings behind the scenes and unaccountable.
Agree, now that Doust is out of the public eye he works from the back rooms of the board room and he still has a lot of influence and the only difference is that he is no longer the face of our fledgling club so many are not aware he still holds a high office but the damage is there for anyone who is interested to see

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Agree, now that Doust is out of the public eye he works from the back rooms of the board room and he still has a lot of influence and the only difference is that he is no longer the face of our fledgling club so many are not aware he still holds a high office but the damage is there for anyone who is interested to see
As far as I can I can see, Doust's entire career has been one, long unmitigated disaster.

Saints94

SGI Junior League
It needs to be deeper - I'm sure most Dragons supporters can clearly see the benefits of being based in Sydney. Surely there has to be a way to get major sponsors and the thousands of Dragons supporters to make the board recognise that being Sydney based is critical to the clubs success, as it was from 1921-1998, St George were a top team almost every decade, the 1st 10 years of the merger with Illawarra was good but the last 12 have been the worst since 1921.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
It needs to be deeper - I'm sure most Dragons supporters can clearly see the benefits of being based in Sydney. Surely there has to be a way to get major sponsors and the thousands of Dragons supporters to make the board recognise that being Sydney based is critical to the clubs success, as it was from 1921-1998, St George were a top team almost every decade, the 1st 10 years of the merger with Illawarra was good but the last 12 have been the worst since 1921.
Hmmmmm good points but I think the major sponsors are interested in the club being further incorporated into the Illawarra region.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It started in the boardroom filtered down to the coach and now it's deeply embedded in our roots. We are now considered amongst the RL community as a club divided with poor culture and discipline, our brand is no longer feared. Our coach is not highly regarded and most player managers avoid us like the plague. We are not considered to be a competitive club and that has been for the last 7 yrs at the very least. The rot started in 2012 and has continued unabated

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
It started in the boardroom filtered down to the coach and now it's deeply embedded in our roots. We are now considered amongst the RL community as a club divided with poor culture and discipline, our brand is no longer feared. Our coach is not highly regarded and most player managers avoid us like the plague. We are not considered to be a competitive club and that has been for the last 7 yrs at the very least. The rot started in 2012 and has continued unabated
Hate what you are saying because I think you are right.

Saints94

SGI Junior League
Hmmmmm good points but I think the major sponsors are interested in the club being further incorporated into the Illawarra region.
I feel like this direction will kill the club, it's brand is based on Sydney supporters, moving away from that will means the fans will disappear.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I feel like this direction will kill the club, it's brand is based on Sydney supporters, moving away from that will means the fans will disappear.
That's a good point. Everyone talks about sponsors and juniors but not about whether the club will lose a lot of it's Kogarah based supporters. It won't happen anytime soon but in a generation or two it might.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
That's a good point. Everyone talks about sponsors and juniors but not about whether the club will lose a lot of it's Kogarah based supporters. It won't happen anytime soon but in a generation or two it might.
The leagues club is still in Kogarah. 6 games a year are still played there. I think it's far more likely the Sharks will fold and the Dragons will increase the number of supporters in the area in a generation or two.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The leagues club is still in Kogarah. 6 games a year are still played there. I think it's far more likely the Sharks will fold and the Dragons will increase the number of supporters in the area in a generation or two.
The Sharks are financially set. They have a strong following plus an ex PM your kidding yourself if you think they will fold. They will be playing semi finals football again this season and again we won't.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The Sharks are financially set. They have a strong following plus an ex PM your kidding yourself if you think they will fold. They will be playing semi finals football again this season and again we won't.
Why do you say they are financially set? Because that development is supporting them? You think the investors will put up with the money losing football operation taking away their profit for the long-term? They sold their assets to stay afloat and when the money from that runs out, they are screwed. St George have the Liberal Party hero, John Howard. Next to John Howard, ........... (I actually almost forgot his name already) Scott Morrison is a nobody. Less than a nobody. I think hardcore Liberal supporters dislike him.

They are a few suburbs in a national competition. I bet even now, they are the cheapest team to become a sponsor of.

You are right it won't happen soon. And you are right they are in a much better position on the field than the Dragons at present.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Why do you say they are financially set? Because that development is supporting them? You think the investors will put up with the money losing football operation taking away their profit for the long-term? They sold their assets to stay afloat and when the money from that runs out, they are screwed. St George have the Liberal Party hero, John Howard. Next to John Howard, ........... (I actually almost forgot his name already) Scott Morrison is a nobody. Less than a nobody. I think hardcore Liberal supporters dislike him.

They are a few suburbs in a national competition. I bet even now, they are the cheapest team to become a sponsor of.

You are right it won't happen soon. And you are right they are in a much better position on the field than the Dragons at present.
Love Little Johnny but they are financially set yes of course as part of selling their asset but you have to also measure their money through their sponsors. It is my understanding that they have attracted a large number of new sponsors in the last 3 yrs which I believe surpasses ours. Success breeds sponsorship. If you were the CEO of a major company would you like your business brand attached to us at the moment? Not on your life. I was interested in listening to the coaches take on yesterday's and St Helens games the first thing he said is we can fix it. Souths played with higher intensity were crisper than us but I can fix it. Let me say this yes most things are fixable BUT and that's a big BUT it can only be fixed if everyone is on the same page. I just watched the replay and to my eye we are broken, there was no intensity, no purpose, no enthusiasm, no structure we are a team divided and relied upon individual brilliance and a bit of luck to score our points. Our crowd attendances especially at Kogarah in the last 3 yrs is falling quickly. I fear for our brand and club. Last year the 2 biggest crowds that attended Kogarah were for the A League soccer seriously? We are in big trouble both on and off the field when it comes to football and that is extremely sad and worrying.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Love Little Johnny but they are financially set yes of course as part of selling their asset but you have to also measure their money through their sponsors. It is my understanding that they have attracted a large number of new sponsors in the last 3 yrs which I believe surpasses ours. Success breeds sponsorship. If you were the CEO of a major company would you like your business brand attached to us at the moment? Not on your life. I was interested in listening to the coaches take on yesterday's and St Helens games the first thing he said is we can fix it. Souths played with higher intensity were crisper than us but I can fix it. Let me say this yes most things are fixable BUT and that's a big BUT it can only be fixed if everyone is on the same page. I just watched the replay and to my eye we are broken, there was no intensity, no purpose, no enthusiasm, no structure we are a team divided and relied upon individual brilliance and a bit of luck to score our points. Our crowd attendances especially at Kogarah in the last 3 yrs is falling quickly. I fear for our brand and club. Last year the 2 biggest crowds that attended Kogarah were for the A League soccer seriously? We are in big trouble both on and off the field when it comes to football and that is extremely sad and worrying.
They have gone through long periods of no major sponsor at all. Rumous is they had to drop the asking price for jersey sponsors.

The team is an utter mess. Hook has to go. No argument from me there. His whole game plan seems to be bringing opposition down to our level and jagging a win by 1 point.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
They have gone through long periods of no major sponsor at all. Rumous is they had to drop the asking price for jersey sponsors.
St George has always had a very large following. So if I told you during the 3 seasons Bennett was coaching us Kogarah Oval avg crowd attendances was around 18,500. Last year it was 8,250.We no longer enjoy the base supporter base that we could rely upon and it will catch up with us mark my words.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
St George has always had a very large following. So if I told you during the 3 seasons Bennett was coaching us Kogarah Oval avg crowd attendances was around 18,500. Last year it was 8,250.We no longer enjoy the base supporter base that we could rely upon and it will catch up with us mark my words.
Agree with that. Watching this team playing the way they do is painful.

Sharks are at the peak of their powers and probably don't average a lot more than the Dragons.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

The team is an utter mess. Hook has to go. No argument from me there. His whole game plan seems to be bringing opposition down to our level and jagging a win by 1 point.
This is Hook's response to our current predicament

"A lot of the stuff we did to ourselves with field position"Mainly they were just playing at a higher intensity to us in the first 40 minutes. We don't like having to fix it but it is stuff you cant it was disappointing," Griffin said. "We thought we were in a better spot than that. We got a lesson and we have to learn those lessons in a few weeks."We got blown away a bit early. The scoreboard got into their heads. We went away from a lot of the stuff we know we can do well
"But the season starts in three weeks. It's an opportunity to have a look at that performance and get things right.
"I can understand why people will be disappointed. We are really disappointed. You don't want to play like that. That's what trial games are for. We will give us an opportunity to look at ourselves.
Seriously? The team looked disinterested, they looked as if they are already aware that they are not good enough to play semi finals football, they looked resigned to this under this coach.

Last edited: