Front Office

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Not the same club. You're right about that but the new club's brand is the Red V.
I'm just an old tradionalist, I know we have to wear the Steeler's jersey but as you know a lot of people blame that very jersey when we play poorly and lose. I just love the big red V which I fear we will wear less and less unless we start taking responsibility for our own identity.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I'm just an old tradionalist, I know we have to wear the Steeler's jersey but as you know a lot of people blame that very jersey when we play poorly and lose. I just love the big red V which I fear we will wear less and less unless we start taking responsibility for our own identity.
Something needs to be done about that Steeler's jersey! I think even a clear majority of Steelers supporters would prefer the Red V with the alternate only used rarely. Like 2 or 3 games a year. And the alternate needs to be redesigned. How about an inverted Red V?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Something needs to be done about that Steeler's jersey! I think even a clear majority of Steelers supporters would prefer the Red V with the alternate only used rarely. Like 2 or 3 games a year. And the alternate needs to be redesigned. How about an inverted Red V?
How about just the big red V and the knight riding the horse on the emblem resembling a Steeler's helmet instead of a knights helmet.?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
How about just the big red V and the knight riding the horse on the emblem resembling a Steeler's helmet instead of a knights helmet.?
It has to be mostly red. Not by my choice but because of when it could be difficult to tell the difference between the home teams jersey and the Red V.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
It has to be mostly red. Not by my choice but because of when it could be difficult to tell the difference between the home teams jersey and the Red V.
Dragons possible jersey
A: Red on red and change the yellow for white?
St. George Illawarra possible jersey
B: Replace the green with white?
1674866356598.png
C: Replace the grey with dark red?
1674866464732.png
D: Add white strips around the collar and end of sleeves?

Attachments

• 1674866274200.png
    1674866274200.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 2

Eric

Staff
View attachment 228
View attachment 232
View attachment 230
View attachment 231
I like A and B. With A, change the darker red pattern with a V.
Why is Jo Dragon angry? I think Red Vs idea about the red on red with white hems and a darker red V pattern is great for the alternate jersey! Send it to the club!

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
View attachment 228
View attachment 232
View attachment 230
View attachment 231
I like A with white instead of yellow as well.
I prefer B because in RL, when people are coming into contact all the time, red on darker red will blur into just red.
Who cares? On the field in games it's only important to be able to easily tell the teams apart.

Saints94

SGI Junior League
My understanding is that it is being done under the guise of a financially driven move. If you have a look at recent years attendance figures for Kogarah it paints a dark picture, granted one of the reasons is because we are not competitive. The club is in turmoil and has been for the last 10 yrs. It is clear to see from decisions made during this period of time that the Illawarra arm of the club now holds the decision making and financial clout. Some may disagree but the evidence is clear and I personally and honestly fear that the Dragons brand, the big red V jersey, will continue to decline into the ether. In my experience players don't want to travel long distances to attend training sessions or club days. You can clearly see this in our recent recruitments nobody wants to come and play for a club that is in turmoil both on and off the field. It's so very sad.
I agree, the Illawarra arm under WIN seem to have more influence but it doesn't seem to make financial sense to be permanently based in Wollongong.
The St George region has a higher population of fans and a general higher population which means more potential fans. It would also generate much more and sponsorship dollars being in the St George region as its Sydney based.
Also as you mentioned, most players are in Sydney and want to live in a major city, being based in Wollongong wouldn't be as attractive compared to Sydney, especially for general opportunities post footy or if players have families, Sydney would provide much more options.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I agree, the Illawarra arm under WIN seem to have more influence but it doesn't seem to make financial sense to be permanently based in Wollongong.
The St George region has a higher population of fans and a general higher population which means more potential fans. It would also generate much more and sponsorship dollars being in the St George region as its Sydney based.
Also as you mentioned, most players are in Sydney and want to live in a major city, being based in Wollongong wouldn't be as attractive compared to Sydney, especially for general opportunities post footy or if players have families, Sydney would provide much more options.
The Illawarra faction, since Doust, has been treating the club like their own little piggy bank🤬.