Griffin & Hunt

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS FRONT OFFICE UNDER PRESSURE

The Dragons have waded into dangerous territory this week ahead of Saturday’s clash with the Dolphins, and this time they have their front office to blame. Don’t take this columnist‘s word for it, take the word of skipper Ben Hunt or even the meagre 39 words that under-fire coach Anthony Griffin could barely muster after the side’s embarrassing defeat against the Sharks.

Hunt made it clear he wasn’t happy with the way management had hung Griffin out to dry by making moves to interview for the coach’s job. Now, not only are the Dragons under the gun on the field, there could be rumblings of discontent between the players and management.That spells bad news for the Red V. The side doesn’t need distractions, they need to win and now the club’s own management have played a hand making that task an even more difficult one.

Ben Hunt really needs to STFU! If the players are so fond of the coach, play much better in order to secure his position! Otherwise Griffin obviously has to go. Even if he is the coolest dude in the world, he isn't getting results!
I have been consistently saying and it goes all the way back to the BBQ this playing group are divided and have been since that time even with the introduction of new players. In reality once the coach was told he had to reapply for his own job he should have packed his bags and walked.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I have been consistently saying and it goes all the way back to the BBQ this playing group are divided and have been since that time even with the introduction of new players. In reality once the coach was told he had to reapply for his own job he should have packed his bags and walked.
Also Benny is having a sook again about loosing his pal Hook ...... Maybe Benny boy is not happy because another coach may tell him you play where I want you to play , 7,6 or 9 ......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Also Benny is having a sook again about loosing his pal Hook ...... Maybe Benny boy is not happy because another coach may tell him you play where I want you to play , 7,6 or 9 ......
Mate in saying that he did score that solo try and he does try. A captain in reality has to support his coach or at least give the impression that he does. I take it you would have him playing 9? Our engine room is working only on 2 cylinders at the moment. We are not making ground the 1st 2 possessions against the Sharks we made 27m then 32m it is just not possible to be a playmaker under those circumstances or even execute any attacking structures. So in that game we made as a team 162 runs for only 1267m that equates to just under 8m per run times that by 5 tackles so we avg less that 40m a set. You can't be competitive with those figures. Hopefully JDB will be available against the Dolphins he will most probably if available start off the bench. The coach made a grave error in judgement in starting Musgrove. I am looking forward to the response by our pack this week against a weakened but disciplined Dolphins team. In reality after 2 floggings we need to bounce back if we are to finish my Predicted 12th this season

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Hook coaches a game plan that revolves around Benny's strengths, hides his (playmaking) weakness.

Eric

Staff

Big-money hits and misses​

Ben Hunt

This is a close call. Hunt signed a five-year $6 million deal to join the Dragons from the Broncos in 2018. He endured scrutiny in the first half of that deal to the point his wife took to social media to slam her husband’s critics. However, Hunt has virtually been the Dragons talisman ever since. His influence is everything to Saints. Without his competitiveness, kicking game, run-threat and overall direction, they would be rudderless. He signed a new deal last season that takes him through 2025, which sits under the $1 million mark.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Big-money hits and misses​

Ben Hunt

This is a close call. Hunt signed a five-year $6 million deal to join the Dragons from the Broncos in 2018. He endured scrutiny in the first half of that deal to the point his wife took to social media to slam her husband’s critics. However, Hunt has virtually been the Dragons talisman ever since. His influence is everything to Saints. Without his competitiveness, kicking game, run-threat and overall direction, they would be rudderless. He signed a new deal last season that takes him through 2025, which sits under the $1 million mark.
I just find it really annoying how the media bakes every other player but Hunt can do no wrong. Good player! No doubt at all. Not such a good playmaker.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
And he's at it again....

Hunt’s worrying Griffin warning​

St George Illawarra captain Ben Hunt has thrown his support behind embattled boss Anthony Griffin and claimed axing the coach would “set this club back a couple of years.”

Griffin has guided the Dragons to two wins from four games this season, but have shipped an alarming combined total of 80 points in the defeats to the Brisbane Broncos and the Cronulla Sharks.
Benny, you really need to shut up and start winning more games!

Eric

Staff
And he's at it again....

Hunt’s worrying Griffin warning​

St George Illawarra captain Ben Hunt has thrown his support behind embattled boss Anthony Griffin and claimed axing the coach would “set this club back a couple of years.”

Griffin has guided the Dragons to two wins from four games this season, but have shipped an alarming combined total of 80 points in the defeats to the Brisbane Broncos and the Cronulla Sharks.
Benny, you really need to shut up and start winning more games!
It strikes me as really arrogant! Who does he think he is? He is a player on a bloated contract who has failed to deliver far more often than not! STFU and start winning games Ben!

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
It strikes me as really arrogant! Who does he think he is? He is a player on a bloated contract who has failed to deliver far more often than not! STFU and start winning games Ben!
He is scared if another coach comes in that he might get shifted to 9 ..... I for one , am , over the Hook and Hunt love affair ....... If he is hinting he might think about going if Hook isn’t the coach, then bye bye Benny , And if Ben thinks he will follow Hook to another coaching gig elsewhere , then Ben won't be playing again , because Hook won't be coaching again ......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
He is scared if another coach comes in that he might get shifted to 9 ..... I for one , am , over the Hook and Hunt love affair ....... If he is hinting he might think about going if Hook isn’t the coach, then bye bye Benny , And if Ben thinks he will follow Hook to another coaching gig elsewhere , then Ben won't be playing again , because Hook won't be coaching again ......
The main problem I see with moving Hunt to hooker is the form of Liddle.

Let him go and throw a mil a year at Payne Haas. That's not meant to be any knock on Hunt. Just a case of what the team needs, IMO.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
The main problem I see with moving Hunt to hooker is the form of Liddle.

Let him go and throw a mil a year at Payne Haas. That's not meant to be any knock on Hunt. Just a case of what the team needs, IMO.
Not talking about moving him there now was just talking in general , before Liddle came , if we have an injury to Liddle or who ever , if it's to benefit the team Hunt should do what he is told to do , not have Hunt call the shots .....

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Not talking about moving him there now was just talking in general , before Liddle came , if we have an injury to Liddle or who ever , if it's to benefit the team Hunt should do what he is told to do , not have Hunt call the shots .....
Before Liddle came, it was a no-brainer s far as I'm concerned. Should have at least given Sully and Amone a few games together.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Sometimes I just sit and read what people on this forum say especially about Hunt and how poor a play maker he is. In the last few seasons he has been our only playmaker, and yes he has taken on too much and is easily targeted by the opposition who run directly at him an easy but effective game plan to nullify the opposition playmaker. So let's just look at the facts. I think we all acknowledge that our pack has never lived up to 1st grade standard in the last few seasons so it's safe to say our play maker in Hunt has been playing behind a poor engine room. So statistically his personal stat's should be at best avg. So in 22 Hunt was rated in the top 10 in offloads, linebreaks pretty poor at 97 because he's not running the ball, but avg 14 runs a game, line break assists rated 6th, 40/20s rated 1. So those stat's to me indicate he is a very good play maker, he identifies and puts other players into gaps for line breaks, and has the best kicking game in the comp. Now if he was playing behind an engine room actually going forward imagine how much better those stat's would be. Just the facts so don't shoot the messenger. I'm here basking in the Gold Coast sunshine sitting on halfway eagerly awaiting which Dragons team will turn up this week.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Sometimes I just sit and read what people on this forum say especially about Hunt and how poor a play maker he is. In the last few seasons he has been our only playmaker, and yes he has taken on too much and is easily targeted by the opposition who run directly at him an easy but effective game plan to nullify the opposition playmaker. So let's just look at the facts. I think we all acknowledge that our pack has never lived up to 1st grade standard in the last few seasons so it's safe to say our play maker in Hunt has been playing behind a poor engine room. So statistically his personal stat's should be at best avg. So in 22 Hunt was rated in the top 10 in offloads, linebreaks pretty poor at 97 because he's not running the ball, but avg 14 runs a game, line break assists rated 6th, 40/20s rated 1. So those stat's to me indicate he is a very good play maker, he identifies and puts other players into gaps for line breaks, and has the best kicking game in the comp. Now if he was playing behind an engine room actually going forward imagine how much better those stat's would be. Just the facts so don't shoot the messenger. I'm here basking in the Gold Coast sunshine sitting on halfway eagerly awaiting which Dragons team will turn up this week.
I didn't mean any criticism of Hunt when I suggested letting him go an throwing a mil a year at Payne Haas. Only thinking about what the team needs. I think we can all agree Hunt needs to STFU regarding keeping the coach or not. If he wants the coach to stay so badly, need to start winning games much more regularly.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I didn't mean any criticism of Hunt when I suggested letting him go an throwing a mil a year at Payne Haas. Only thinking about what the team needs. I think we can all agree Hunt needs to STFU regarding keeping the coach or not. If he wants the coach to stay so badly, need to start winning games much more regularly.
I understand I don't want this coach to stay because he has divided the team

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
This club and supporters have a messiah complex, waiting for the saviour with a 6 or 7 on his back to swoop in and single-handedly win us games and then turn on the chosen one when it doesn't happen. Did it with Trent Barrett and now with Hunt. I am no expert, but rugby league 101 says forwards need to go over the advantage line to give space for the backs to run.

We won our last title with a halves combination of Soward and Hornby, hardly names that are likely to be mentioned in the same breath as Cronk and Cleary. But they did it behind a pack that would get over the top of their opposition in defence and attack. Until we build another pack like that, we are going to be mediocre at best.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
This club and supporters have a messiah complex, waiting for the saviour with a 6 or 7 on his back to swoop in and single-handedly win us games and then turn on the chosen one when it doesn't happen. Did it with Trent Barrett and now with Hunt. I am no expert, but rugby league 101 says forwards need to go over the advantage line to give space for the backs to run.

We won our last title with a halves combination of Soward and Hornby, hardly names that are likely to be mentioned in the same breath as Cronk and Cleary. But they did it behind a pack that would get over the top of their opposition in defence and attack. Until we build another pack like that, we are going to be mediocre at best.
Sums it up perfectly! Except for that bit about Cooper Cronk. He was only ever about as good as Soward and Hornby.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Hallelujah, someone else that understands the basics of playing the game. Until we get an engine room good enough to compete we will rely upon singular backline players showing individual touches of brilliance to bother the scoreboard keeper. A new coach wouldn't hurt either.