Griffin & Hunt

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Hallelujah, someone else that understands the basics of playing the game. Until we get an engine room good enough to compete we will rely upon singular backline players showing individual touches of brilliance to bother the scoreboard keeper. A new coach wouldn't hurt either.
And the &%$"#= coach has had over 2 years to fix it yet has if anything only made it worse.

Eric

Staff

Griffin under-fire after another Dragons loss​

Anthony Griffin has had no greater supporter than Ben Hunt. But has the inspirational Dragons captain just cost his under fire coach his job? As harsh as it sounds, it will be incredibly tough for Griffin to justify to his bosses why he should stay in charge after going down to the severely understrength Titans.

While the 20-18 scoreline was by no means an embarrassing result on the surface, you need to remember who the Titans were missing _ with three of their most influential players out. No Kieran Foran, No AJ Brimson. No Sam Verrills. Yet they still found a way to beat the full strength Dragons.

Hunt said during the week it would set the club back two years if they got rid of Griffin now. But this was a sad end to what was otherwise a gutsy performance from Hunt. He was just about the best player on the field until the dying minutes when he fell for a Toby Sexton dummy to let in the match winning try, before turning over possession as the Dragons tried to score a last minute miracle.

It will be interesting to see how the Dragons board responds.

I'm glad someone in the media is talking about this. This was a disgraceful loss. And the coach obviously isn't getting the best out of Sloan and Amone. He has to go tomorrow morning!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
And the &%$"#= coach has had over 2 years to fix it yet has if anything only made it worse.
I can just speak from my own experiences here but once you have lost the dressing sheds you can only do 2 things. 1 Acknowledge that you have lost the dressing shed and move on ( to which not many will do). 2. Clean out those players who you identify no longer support you and your visions, goals moving forwards and replace them. Oops there is a 3rd option just bury your head and collect your fortnightly cheque

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I can just speak from my own experiences here but once you have lost the dressing sheds you can only do 2 things. 1 Acknowledge that you have lost the dressing shed and move on ( to which not many will do). 2. Clean out those players who you identify no longer support you and your visions, goals moving forwards and replace them. Oops there is a 3rd option just bury your head and collect your fortnightly cheque
3 is definitely what he is doing. And he's not the only one.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Need to make a call on Hook now! Fox sports are reporting his position is going to come under review in a month. Everyone can see he isn't the answer now.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well I live on the Gold Coast and the front page story is labelled " The rise of the Titans". Reporting a heroic understrength Titans team snatched victory from the Jaws of defeat against a full strength Dragons team. As a result the ticket sales for the M1 clash between Titans and Broncos have excellerated towards a sell out. Thank you Dragons. About sums up our current team and coach. I'd expect more people laughing at me as I walk my dog this week wearing my dragons gear

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Well I live on the Gold Coast and the front page story is labelled " The rise of the Titans". Reporting a heroic understrength Titans team snatched victory from the Jaws of defeat against a full strength Dragons team. As a result the ticket sales for the M1 clash between Titans and Broncos have excellerated towards a sell out. Thank you Dragons. About sums up our current team and coach. I'd expect more people laughing at me as I walk my dog this week wearing my dragons gear
The part about the Dragons at full-strength was accurate.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The part about the Dragons at full-strength was accurate.
It's the front page story. They are really rubbing it in my neighbour in my unit apartment was wearing his Titans jumper this morning with his silly " Gilligans Island" hat and said I feel for you. I congratulated him and walked my dog to the beach fleetingly having thoughts of walking into the water but I love my dog and couldn't do it. I look up and three lads training on the sand wearing Titans tank tops. It's going to be a very long week.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
It's the front page story. They are really rubbing it in my neighbour in my unit apartment was wearing his Titans jumper this morning with his silly " Gilligans Island" hat and said I feel for you. I congratulated him and walked my dog to the beach fleetingly having thoughts of walking into the water but I love my dog and couldn't do it. I look up and three lads training on the sand wearing Titans tank tops. It's going to be a very long week.
The Gilligans Island hat has to go!:mad:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I wonder what his sacking will mean for Ben Hunt. I reckon if he wanted out, there are still a number of clubs who would want to sign him.

Actually, so far this year I think Ben Hunt has been much better than last year. He is delegating much more to Amone and Sully. But his continued raving about keeping Hook is infuriating! If the team is so keen on his sticking around, starting Hunt they have to stop talking and start winning!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I wonder what his sacking will mean for Ben Hunt. I reckon if he wanted out, there are still a number of clubs who would want to sign him.

Actually, so far this year I think Ben Hunt has been much better than last year. He is delegating much more to Amone and Sully. But his continued raving about keeping Hook is infuriating! If the team is so keen on his sticking around, starting Hunt they have to stop talking and start winning!
We just don't have the cattle in the engine room and my mate working at the club still is dead right under this coach nobody wants to play for us and that's an issue

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
You know the hat I am describing the one Gilligan wore the Titans have the same hat. I did like watching Gilligan Island though. Wouldn't mind being a castaway at the moment
I think I know what you are talking about. They are not too bad in keeping the sun off one's face.
We just don't have the cattle in the engine room and my mate working at the club still is dead right under this coach nobody wants to play for us and that's an issue
Hooks fault. But it's also to do with his selections. There is only room for Bird or Mbye in the 17. If Bird can't fill in at #9 for 15~20min or longer in the event of an injury, he needs to learn to do it in reserve grade. There are several players in reserve grade who provide better go forward than Josh Kerr.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think I know what you are talking about. They are not too bad in keeping the sun off one's face.

Hooks fault. But it's also to do with his selections. There is only room for Bird or Mbye in the 17. If Bird can't fill in at #9 for 15~20min or longer in the event of an injury, he needs to learn to do it in reserve grade. There are several players in reserve grade who provide better go forward than Josh Kerr.
I thought I was seeing things on Sunday at the game with Mbye on for longer than Liddle but it wasn't an illusion it was true so I have no idea what the coach was thinking playing more minutes with Mbye and both Lawrie and JDB playing half a game. It was like he was trying to throw the game.

Eric

Staff
I thought I was seeing things on Sunday at the game with Mbye on for longer than Liddle but it wasn't an illusion it was true so I have no idea what the coach was thinking playing more minutes with Mbye and both Lawrie and JDB playing half a game. It was like he was trying to throw the game.
Been saying for a while, this coach definately has his favourites no matter how poorly they play while others can't get a look in. You would know better than me but it strikes me as being incredibly unprofessional!

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Sometimes it just makes no sense at all.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The only thing that is certain is that no other club would screw around like this. He's had 2.5 years and the team has only gone backwards yet, all the head office can do is tell him he has to reapply for the job and talk to the manager of a few possible alternatives. JUST FUKING DO IT!!! WE CAN ALL SEE THE PRESENT SET-UP ISN'T WORKING OUT. WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR???