Griffin & Hunt

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The only thing that is certain is that no other club would screw around like this. He's had 2.5 years and the team has only gone backwards yet, all the head office can do is tell him he has to reapply for the job and talk to the manager of a few possible alternatives. JUST FUKING DO IT!!! WE CAN ALL SEE THE PRESENT SET-UP ISN'T WORKING OUT. WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR???
As I said before and I am relying on my past experience when people in authority in senior management whether it be a football club or a public entity make decisions and those decisions turn out to be poor very few if any will throw their hands up and admit they made a mistake. I usually find them hiding under desks or under the boardroom table looking for a middle manager scapegoat to use as a sacrificial lamb. Nothing has changed it is the way business is done and unfortunately we have very little say in it even as members or employees. Our club has lacked foresight and ability to develop new plans and strategies at the very least for the past 10 yrs and we are seeing the outcomes of their decision making on the playing field. Not only has the coach got to go but those responsible in the boardroom and that is your sticking point.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
As I said before and I am relying on my past experience when people in authority in senior management whether it be a football club or a public entity make decisions and those decisions turn out to be poor very few if any will throw their hands up and admit they made a mistake. I usually find them hiding under desks or under the boardroom table looking for a middle manager scapegoat to use as a sacrificial lamb. Nothing has changed it is the way business is done and unfortunately we have very little say in it even as members or employees. Our club has lacked foresight and ability to develop new plans and strategies at the very least for the past 10 yrs and we are seeing the outcomes of their decision making on the playing field. Not only has the coach got to go but those responsible in the boardroom and that is your sticking point.
Well said! That's precisely the problem. They are all afraid of being held to account and the longer it goes on, the worse it gets!

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
More speculation if Griffin is sacked, Hunt will want out and possibly to the Bullgrubs. Maybe there is something to it. Why else would be so outspoken about keeping a coach who can't get wins!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
More speculation if Griffin is sacked, Hunt will want out and possibly to the Bullgrubs. Maybe there is something to it. Why else would be so outspoken about keeping a coach who can't get wins!
Story today had GG meeting with Hunt not so long ago and apparently he knocked him back

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
If he wants to put a good number of teammates and the club admin offside, his continued raving about how good a hopelessly failed coach is, that would be a good way to do it.
Story today had GG meeting with Hunt not so long ago and apparently he knocked him back
GG = Gus Gould? Who knocked who back?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If he wants to put a good number of teammates and the club admin offside, his continued raving about how good a hopelessly failed coach is, that would be a good way to do it.

GG = Gus Gould? Who knocked who back?
Yes and Hunt

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
That's what it said
Not exactly. You said, "apparently he knocked him back". I guessed it was as you said but didn't rule out it was Gould who knocked back Hunt. Like Hunt was asking for too much money or too long a contract and Gould knocked him back.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
More speculation if Griffin is sacked, Hunt will want out and possibly to the Bullgrubs
Plenty of value in that. Phil Gould was sniffing around Hunt last year while he was procrastinating over a new contract.The Bullgrubs must not have a leader or long kicker the standard of Hunt. Please take him if Griffin goes so this club can mend our wounds and get on with being competitive again instead of a disjointed rabble.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
If Hunt does follow Griffin out the door who takes over the reins, JDB is my overwhelming vote. But dont rule our Lomax, whose game may go back to his former level with the added responsibility. After all he is no stranger to captaincy, having led both the Australia Schoolboys and Junior Kangaroos.

Eric

Staff
Plenty of value in that. Evidently Phil Gould was sniffing around Hunt last year while he was procrastinating over a new contract.The Bullgrubs must not have a leader or long kicker the standard of Hunt. Please take him if Griffin goes so this club can mend our wounds and get on with being competitive again instead of a disjointed rabble.
I've always been a fan of Hunt. I thought he was wrongly crucified when Baldy McGregor was stinking things up. But I was very much against re-signing him. Bud Sullivan would have been ready to take over at the end of this year, if not sooner.

But I very much doubt the Dogs will be taking him. They are paying overs for Kikau, JAC, Malony and Burton and still have duds like Flanagan on the books as well as very good and very highly paid Luke Thompson who is always injured or suspended.

Eric

Staff
If Hunt does goes who takes over the reins, JDB is my overwhelming vote. But dont rule our Lomax, whose game may go back to his former level with the added responsibility. After all he is no stranger to captaincy, having led both the Australia Schoolboys and Junior Kangaroos.
Lomax for sure. Unfortunately, JDB is coming to the end of his career. Unless JDB was going to be a short term place holder for Sullivan or Amone.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I've always been a fan of Hunt. I thought he was wrongly crucified when Baldy McGregor was stinking things up. But I was very much against re-signing him. Bud Sullivan would have been ready to take over at the end of this year, if not sooner.

But I very much doubt the Dogs will be taking him. They are paying overs for Kikau, JAC, Malony and Burton and still have duds like Flanagan on the books as well as very good and very highly paid Luke Thompson who is always injured or suspended.
It would seem the club doesn't have much faith in the Amone-Sullivan combination.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Lomax for sure. Unfortunately, JDB is coming to the end of his career. Unless JDB was going to be a short term place holder for Sullivan or Amone.
Or Lomax. Why not. Be fitting recognition for our best player as he winds down his career. You see Amone or Sullivan as captaincy material Eric Eric

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Do explain. Baldy McGregor signed him did he not.
I mean, he was playing like a reserve grader for a season or 2 under McGregor. No matter what one thinks about him, he's much better than that. As he proved as soon as McGregor was sent on his way.
Or Lomax. Why not. Be fitting recognition for our best player as he winds down his career. You see Amone or Sullivan as captaincy material Eric Eric
Good question. Certainly not yet but if not for Lomax as the long term captain, who else is there? Just putting it out there that if JDB was captain for 2 years after that Amone or Sullivan might ahve grown into good potential captains.