HUNT

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons CEO declines Hunt's 'surprise' request for early release from contract​

Ask the fans what they want as of course his team mates will want him to stay. Evidently Lomax and Su'a also want out..

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He did but I'd much prefer Sullivan as halfback.
Only if our 5/8 is a play maker. I like Nicholas Quinn, a youngster but looks a first grader and a game manager already. Probably needs to bulk up a bit for the top grade. Check out the kid below.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Disgruntled Dragons skipper Ben Hunt is reportedly willing to pay $150,000 of his own money to leave the club immediately.

Double it even triple it to return some of the millions we wasted on you.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Only if our 5/8 is a play maker. I like Nicholas Quinn, a youngster but looks a first grader and a game manager already. Probably needs to bulk up a bit for the top grade. Check out the kid below.

Hunt isn't much of a playmaker. So by going with Sullivan and Amone, we at won't be worse off in that department than now.

What happened to the video? I was just watching it and suddenly was blocked.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
You know I acknowledge that our club cpt has done something that I thought I would never ever see or have in my 50 yrs being involved in the game. In reality he has broken an unwritten law in regards to airing this in the public arena. To me it's unthinkable and should never have come to this or been allowed to happen. So what does such a desperate act say about our board room and front office senior management? Offering to use his own money in an effort to be released is the act of a desperate, dissolutioned player who has now given up his right to wear the big red V or the cpt armband, he cannot be selected in the starting 17 on Friday. If I have said it once I've said it a hundred times in the last few years the boardroom has to take responsibility for this mess. They lack not only a footballing background and expertise but also it would appear people skills.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I was just reading the live blog comments here:

I saw this comment and like it a lot!
Dragons have a promising 7 in Sullivan. What they really need is a fullback! Hunt wants to go to the Titans, but the Titans already have 2 quality fullbacks. Dragons should be asking for a swap deal for either Brimson or Campbell. If Hunt plays 7 at the Titans they won’t have room for both.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt isn't much of a playmaker. So by going with Sullivan and Amone, we at won't be worse off in that department than now.

What happened to the video? I was just watching it and suddenly was blocked.
You too Illusion? I pulled it from Facebook NSWRL site. It is working for me here. Quinn is in the second match.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons CEO declines Hunt's 'surprise' request for early release from contract​

Ask the fans what they want as of course his team mates will want him to stay. Evidently Lomax and Su'a also want out..
My info is that he is not the only player dissolutioned with our boardroom and front office senior management. Su'a, Suli to name 2 would leave if they could. Lomax is contracted until 26 so I don't believe he is looking to get out even though he believes that he was treated poorly by Griffin.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
My info is that he is not the only player dissolutioned with our boardroom and front office senior management. Su'a, Suli to name 2 would leave if they could. Lomax is contracted until 26 so I don't believe he is looking to get out even though he believes that he was treated poorly by Griffin.
There is also the Lomax to 5/8 idea. Lomax might be Captain for the next game.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The general feeling I get from Dragon supporters in various social media areas, other forums etc is Hunt has worn out his welcome and want him to go. He is a sook, disloyal, arrogant.. has been overpaid and not delivered. No doubt our BOARD and FO have to carry some blame as frankly they are incompetent football and people managers, but as the team leader and our prime play maker Hunt has to share the blame.
Frank Facer would roll over in his grave if he saw what has happened to his beloved club since 1999. .

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Lomax to 5/8 idea
In all the years I've watched Lomax I have never seen him as an organiser, he is a receiver not a creator. I do see Tyrell Sloan as one so give Lomax the back and Sloan a ball playing position. Lomax with more room to move and cleaner ball may surprise us all.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Granted Hunt has been paid an average of $1 million per season for the past six years and the Dragons have only made the finals once in his first season with the Red V.
But Hunt has also consistently been the Red V’s best player for the past three years and it’s on the club that they haven’t been able to make it work.

James Hooper has the first para correct at least. Not the second as our best player has been Jack de Belin. And Hooper what about the previous three years of Hunt's contract. He was signed for six years you know and should have been booted after first three.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Also from the James Hooper article.

Its unfair new Dragons coach for 2024 Shane Flanagan has had this hand grenade land in his lap before he’s even got his feet anywhere near the desk in Wollongong.

Flanno has been given the run around by Hunt re whether he is staying or going, so I should think he is a little pissed off too that this has blown up in his face only a week after signing. Still better than next season as now the club has time to scout out a half replacement while Flanno can work on some part time structure ideas for next season while he completes his Eagles contract..

Last edited: