International Footy.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
A
It's said they were like wars. I remember when Ellery Hanly almost single handed beat Australia in a series when the gap was thought to be at it's widest. A bit of Ricky Stuart magic got Australia a come from behind victory in the last 2min. Best international game I've ever seen my a fair margin.
H the black pearl born in my neck of the woods in Yorkshire England nearly won the Tigers a premiership in 1988 . He is actually now the England coach

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's been very trying but I was privileged enough to watch us win in 77 and 79 then had to wait a little while for the next one in 2010.
77 GF was exciting thought we had that won at h/t we were winning 9 - 0 Lord Ted scored the try. Then Parra came back ended up 9 - 9. The SCG was packed I think about 66,000 people. Then came back the following week and flogged them 22 - 0

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
77 GF was exciting thought we had that won at h/t we were winning 9 - 0 Lord Ted scored the try. Then Parra came back ended up 9 - 9. The SCG was packed I think about 66,000 people. Then came back the following week and flogged them 22 - 0
Do you support England or Australia in internationals?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Did you follow RL in Bradford?
Not really in my era it wasn't a great following it was the national sport of England that everyone was following the round ball football which we won our 1 and only world cup in the 60s. However I do follow the current Super League but because Bradford Bulls went bankrupt I watch the Leeds Rhinos.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Not really in my era it wasn't a great following it was the national sport of England that everyone was following the round ball football which we won our 1 and only world cup in the 60s. However I do follow the current Super League but because Bradford Bulls went bankrupt I watch the Leeds Rhinos.
Which forwards over there can you poach on behalf of St George?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The recruitment team already pulled off a coup in signing George Burgess.
They took a chance on him because he fitted the bill of what we really desperately needed a big forward capable at his best of making the advantage line consistently, unfortunately the type of surgery he undertook has apparently made this impossible. We still desperately need 2 like props to make us competitive in the future. If I was still coaching I would be extremely happy with our current backline and depth there wouldn't swap any of them. As I have said consistently forwards win games the backline dictates by how much.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
They took a chance on him because he fitted the bill of what we really desperately needed a big forward capable at his best of making the advantage line consistently, unfortunately the type of surgery he undertook has apparently made this impossible. We still desperately need 2 like props to make us competitive in the future. If I was still coaching I would be extremely happy with our current backline and depth there wouldn't swap any of them. As I have said consistently forwards win games the backline dictates by how much.
Agree. Was worth the risk. But now, no more signing veterans no other club wants. Lesson learned.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Was in despair when I read this morning that of the 50 best schoolboys playing in the National Championships this week not a solitary one is affiliated with the Dragons. Blatant greed from News Corp knows no bounds by making us pay to watch these next gen league players. Ditto with the Mathews and Ball matches.