International Footy.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Jayden Sua almost scored late in that half. Missed most of first 40 .. how has he and Francis Molo gone.

Cook Isles look totally outclassed by Samoa. Any wonder given the number of second tier players on their roster.
Haven't been watching.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The recruitment team already pulled off a coup in signing George Burgess.

He started off very well. Got progressively worse as the game went on. Again, he was getting very little help from his forwards but I'm just calling it as I see it. If the Tonga forwards dominated, maybe he would have been a 9 or 10 but I'm talking about what happened, not what might have happened.

That doesn't mean he was really bad. I'd called 5 "average". From 4, "below average".
Sounds like our team

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Cookies may have been outclassed but never chucked in the towel. In fact, reckon.. other that for a couple of clever plays by Josh Schuster they were the better team after oranges. Didn't Steven Marsters play for the Dragons for a season or two and didn't our club look at Schuster at one stage.

Sua and Molo hardly seen in the second stanza so will be fresh for next week.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Cookies may have been outclassed but never chucked in the towel. In fact, reckon.. other that for a couple of clever plays by Josh Schuster they were the better team after oranges. Didn't Steven Marsters play for the Dragons for a season or two and didn't our club look at Schuster at one stage.

Sua and Molo hardly seen in the second stanza so will be fresh for next week.
I wanted at least Su'a to be in the QLD team.

Eric

Staff
How did that happen and more importantly, does PNG have any good forwards the Dragons can sign?
I keep waiting for some news about a new recruit. At least if not for this year, next year. Everyone knows a good forward or two are needed. But I keep waiting in vain. All Griffin ever talks about is the juniors who have been re-signed but never any specifics.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I keep waiting for some news about a new recruit. At least if not for this year, next year. Everyone knows a good forward or two are needed. But I keep waiting in vain. All Griffin ever talks about is the juniors who have been re-signed but never any specifics.
I don't know why it is that every other club is linked with various ESL and Kiwi players but never the Dragons. Canberra have in recent years poached some outstanding players from the ESL. I know two of them have gone back but it doesn't change the fact they were outstanding and were signed by Canberra.

Eric

Staff
I don't know why it is that every other club is linked with various ESL and Kiwi players but never the Dragons. Canberra have in recent years poached some outstanding players from the ESL. I know two of them have gone back but it doesn't change the fact they were outstanding and were signed by Canberra.
If those ESL guys lived in a place other than Canberra, Woolengong for example(y), I think they'd have been much happier in Australia.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
If those ESL guys lived in a place other than Canberra, Woolengong for example(y), I think they'd have been much happier in Australia.
That Canberra halfback (can't remember his name) pitched himself to Gold Coast but they had foolishly already spent too much money on Fifita.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
David Fifita? I saw this bloke steamroll the Kiwis in two Junior Kangaroo games the same series Tannah Boyd played in. He was super impressive.. so what went wrong with his development? Has he played with the Maroons.
Unbelievable talent but very lazy.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
David Fifita? I saw this bloke steamroll the Kiwis in two Junior Kangaroo games the same series Tannah Boyd played in. He was super impressive.. so what went wrong with his development? Has he played with the Maroons.
He steamrolls even open age players but most of the time he tries to hide.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
F = Swear word,
I = I'm,
G = Good,
J = Just,
A= Ask,
M = ME
That's true but I'd still be in favour of the Dragons signing him so he can be close to his GF, Shaylee Bent. Just as long as he is only on a little over half what he makes now.

Eric

Staff
That's true but I'd still be in favour of the Dragons signing him so he can be close to his GF, Shaylee Bent. Just as long as he is only on a little over half what he makes now.
I think Griffin would go ballistic on Fifita on a regular basis if he was signed with us. A club somewhere will still take a gamble and pay him around 1mil due to his talent . Thinking they can get the best out of him.