International Footy.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think Griffin would go ballistic on Fifita on a regular basis if he was signed with us. A club somewhere will still take a gamble and pay him around 1mil due to his talent . Thinking they can get the best pout of him.
He is not worth 1 m on his present and previous form over the last 2 seasons I would suggest that he is worth between 650 - 750k a season. Reputations mean nothing to me he needs to convert his reputation to consistent on field performances in my view.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
He is not worth 1 m on his present and previous form over the last 2 seasons I would suggest that he is worth between 650 - 750k a season. Reputations mean nothing to me he needs to convert his reputation to consistent on field performances in my view.
650~750 sounds about right to me too.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Sounds about right but I think a club will offer him 850-950k on talent. I just hope it isn't the Dragons. The old story about only spine players being worth huge money seems to be true.

Eric

Staff
Tariq Sims is reported to be on 850k. Giving that to Fifta along with a good old fashioned baking every time he goes missing would work, IMO.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Tariq Sims is reported to be on 850k. Giving that to Fifta along with a good old fashioned baking every time he goes missing would work, IMO.
He's worth 700~800k. Sims might be better. Not now but when he signed his last contract.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Look the new salary cap beginning next season 2023 - 2027 is $9.4m to cover the 30 players. So bearing that in mind and the minimum wage being $120,000 , the spine 1,6,7 and 9 in reality would take up about $3m of that budget about $1m for your playmaker the 7, the other 3 between $700k to $800k max. So 5 - 17 the remaining 13 players would have a budget of only $4.8 m an avg of $370k p.p. so and 18 - 30 that's 12 x $120 = $1.4m but players 18 to 23 wouldn't be on that minimum base salary, you would expect bonus payments for playing 1sts during the year to cover injuries and suspensions so in actualfact the budget for 18 - 30 would have to be closer to $1.6m. So as you can see paying players based purely upon their reputations is fraught with pitfalls and danger. Not easy.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Look the new salary cap beginning next season 2023 - 2027 is $9.4m to cover the 30 players. So bearing that in mind and the minimum wage being $120,000 , the spine 1,6,7 and 9 in reality would take up about $3m of that budget about $1m for your playmaker the 7, the other 3 between $700k to $800k max. So 5 - 17 the remaining 13 players would have a budget of only $4.8 m an avg of $370k p.p. so and 18 - 30 that's 12 x $120 = $1.4m but players 18 to 23 wouldn't be on that minimum base salary, you would expect bonus payments for playing 1sts during the year to cover injuries and suspensions so in actualfact the budget for 18 - 30 would have to be closer to $1.6m. So as you can see paying players based purely upon their reputations is fraught with pitfalls and danger. Not easy.
I'm not good at math so I'll take your word for it.

Eric

Staff
If it were possible, I'm talking about signing him due to his ability, not reputation. He is far from it but has the ability to be the best forward in the competition.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
If it were possible, I'm talking about signing him due to his ability, not reputation. He is far from it but has the ability to be the best forward in the competition.
He is contracted to Gold Coast for next year anyway.