Lomax.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
. Mate the Fegais are too slow. If it has to one of the two then Max as centre is his regular spot. Kyle to half, Brown 5/8, Haele Finau back up hooker.
I agree but Flanno along with Moses Suli, Jack Bird and Mikaele Ravalawa disagree. Feagai's are faster than any of them. But I would have had Lomax in the centres, Finau on the wing from round 1. Along with Sloan at fullback that would have given us 2 genuine speedsters and Lomax is hardly slow. Lack of speed wouldn't have been an issue.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Zacs goal kicking has also been good this year:
Kicker Total Made in 2024Total 2024 attempt %
Nicho Hynes41/44 93.18%
Zac Lomax30/39 76.92%
Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii33/4770.21%
Stephen Crichton (career) 74/9578%
Dylan Edwards27/3479.41%
Matt Burton 33/4770.21%

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
DT says:
The positional switch that led to Zac Lomax leaving St George Illawarra has now turned the Dragons star into an Origin winger. Shane Flanagan’s decision to end Lomax’s career as a centre at the Dragons – to use him on the wing instead in 2024 – has been a masterstroke from the premiership-winning coach.
A masterstroke? Dragons are 13th on the table with a for and against of -88. A masterstroke!
Season 2 Smh GIF by HBO

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
DT says:

A masterstroke? Dragons are 13th on the table with a for and against of -88. A masterstroke!
Season 2 Smh GIF by HBO
These are the same people constantly talking about how good Ben Hunt is. Even after or during one of his shockers. They love to see the Dragons doing badly.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

LOMAX’S CAREER-DEFINING 48 HOURS

Zac Lomax is flying high after the best 48 hours of his career. The 24-year-old, on Origin debut, was arguably NSW’s best last Wednesday and then backed it up with a record-breaking performance for the Dragons just 48 hours later.

As coach Shane Flanagan revealed after the Dragons’ 56-14 win over the Tigers, Lomax — along with Ben Hunt and Jaydn Su’A — put their hand up to play two days after Origin.

Lomax scored 32 of the Dragons’ points, the most in a single game by any St George Illawarra player, after bagging a hat-trick and kicking 10 goals from 10 attempts. He also finished with four tackle busts, two offloads, a linebreak and 164 metres from 19 runs.

“Has he just quickly overnight become one of the best wingers in the game?” he questioned. “In the first set of the night he comes from the right wing to the left-hand side to carry the ball. He completely showed no ill-effects of Wednesday night or (didn’t show) his teammates that he was just going to go through the motions tonight.

“Origin coaches always talk about going back and performing for your club, going and showing your learnings from playing representative football — and he did that tonight. He was the best player on the field, along with Ben Hunt.”

Calling him the best winger in the game. I still prefer him at centre. Where he can use his considerable ball skills.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Flanno giving himself a pat on the back. I'm beginning not to like this stubborn jerk. Hey Flanno l, don't you know he is leaving? You think goalkicking is going to save Kyle a spot in the team?
Zac career as a top winger won't last long. Running is only a small part of his game. His passing is excellent but not seen anymore. No reason he couldn't have been a top class centre with the right coach and the right player inside him passing him the ball with a bit of space, maybe even a half gap here or there.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Zac career as a top winger won't last long. Running is only a small part of his game. His passing is excellent but not seen anymore. No reason he couldn't have been a top class centre with the right coach and the right player inside him passing him the ball with a bit of space, maybe even a half gap here or there.
I dont think his passing is excellent and i don't mean the flick passes either..