RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Flanagan will have his work cut out implimenting his new structures across all grades to eradicate our second half meltdowns, overall discipline and poor attacking structure. If any coach can do it Flanno can as he has runs on the board.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Who? Ben Woolf will coach many of these Flegg boys when he takes over Ressie reins next season.
I'm just guessing. I'd say the coaching structure will be completed by Flanagan by November. I know that Piggy Riddell will be coaching SG Ball next season. 1sts will be Flanagan, Carr and Young. I'd say Woolf should get a gig, the reserves coach at the moment is Bronx Goodwin

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Excellent footwork along with being big and fast. He might ahve to watch his weight in the off season. Already big for a centre.
I have been watching Tamale since he decided to leave RU he was selected in the Wallabies U18, he was chosen in the Blues U19. This player has, with the right nurturing a chance to become a future state and national representative. As long as he doesn't read the social media about how good he already is.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Is anyone aware of the club role played by former player Shaun Timmins, the bloke that sits in our box alongside our coach every match. I was curious so went surfing. He has been our Pathways Recruitment Manager for the past four years. Is he doing a good job, well going on results, I'd say middling, as only the '21 & '22 Saints Flegg plus Steelers '22 Ball sides have made the finals. Best being Saints '21 as runners up. As for players he recruited, well King- Togia, Loco Junior and Tamale are three that appear obvious, so he has a good eye for talent.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Is anyone aware of the club role played by former player Shaun Timmins, the bloke that sits in our box alongside our coach every match. I was curious so went surfing. He has been our Pathways Recruitment Manager for the past four years. Is he doing a good job, well going on results, I'd say middling, as only the '21 & '22 Saints Flegg plus Steelers '22 Ball sides have made the finals. Best being Saints '21 as runners up. As for players he recruited, well King- Togia, Loco Junior and Tamale are three that appear obvious, so he has a good eye for talent.
I was wondering what his official position is too. It's only since Griffin was punted, right?

Does anyone know why the club seemingly isn't interested in Herring? From what I've seen, he's an impressive playmaker.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I was wondering what his official position is too. It's only since Griffin was punted, right?

Does anyone know why the club seemingly isn't interested in Herring? From what I've seen, he's an impressive playmaker.
As I said he was appointed four years ago. Only surmising that he still holds that position. Herring is a bit of a dark horse in the play making stakes. I expect some club will see that and poach him from us.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
As I wrote he was appointed four years ago. Only surmising that he still holds that position. Herring is a bit of a dark horse in the play making stakes. I expect some club will see that and poach him from us.
Or they might see him as a 5/8?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Or they might see him as a 5/8?
Personally I am hoping that Flanagan sees Sloan as our long term 5/8 with the uncertainty surrounding the future of Amone. Besides Junior can play somewhere else, centre perhaps if cleared to play. When Hunt finally departs I reckon Nick Quinn will be ready to take over.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Personally I am hoping that Flanagan sees Sloan as a future half/5/8 with the uncertainty surrounding the future of Amone. Besides Junior can play somewhere else, centre perhaps if cleared to play. When Hunt finally departs I reckon Nick Quinn or King-Togia will be ready to take over.
If his defence drastically improved that might work.