RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
No updates since Saints scored for 14-4 lead. But 60 mins in it must be a battle of attrition with scores the same. Words barely written before Zach Nachar crosses the line for his second 4 pointer and the sealer.
REDV forwards dominating is the word, with Corey Ackers specially damaging with his carries and ball play.
Saints run out winners 18-4. Score looks comfortable but may not have been the case. Will have to see what the official match report says. In terms of the finals it is a vital win by the boys in the iconic Red V jumper.

Last edited:

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
No updates since Saints scored for 14-4 lead. But 60 mins in it must be a battle of attrition with scores the same. Words barely written before Zach Nachar strolls over for his second 4 pointer and the sealer.
REDV forwards dominating, is the word with Corey Ackers specially damaging with his carries and ball play.
Saints run out winners 18-4. Score looks comfortable but may not have been the case. Will have to see what the official match report says. In terms of the finals it is a vital win by the boys in the iconic Red V jumper.
Thanks for the update! Ackers is a name I've been hearing for a long time.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Injuries update
Hamish Stewart suffered HIA he will be out for a few weeks, Sav also copped HIA Cup have a bye next week so he will be right for next game.
Nick T will be out for 4 weeks with broken finger.
LKT should be back this week, couple of big weeks coming up for our SGB sides.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I am just salivating thinking of us having Jake, Loko, Corey A and F Latu lining up in our engine room one day, soon I hope. They all take a power of stopping, have ball skills and are strong defenders.

Not sure why Willie Talau gave Ackers so few minutes, was awesome. I've not seen too many footy games where one forward pack so completely dominated another.
The halves battle I'll give a draw. Best for Saints were all their forwards, frankly the backs did not have much ball to impress. Hard to pick a Steelers best as they were never really in the game apart from a couple of occasions. Buchanan, Treweek and Reed tried hard, and one of the Amone brothers off the bench #17.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Behind a paywall:cautious:
Bummer. It must only recognize my acct which is free for a 2 week trial period. You guys should sign up too. I know you will catch at least one game in that period, Dragons Flegg R 3. I think I'll ask my son to extend this for me as an early Birthday or Fathers Day present

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Bummer. It must only recognize my acct which is free for a 2 week trial period. You guys should do that, sure to catch a couple of Dragons games. I think I'll ask my son to extend it as an early Birthday or Fathers Day present
I can get the two week trial as well but would rather save it for other games.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
The NSWRL is reportedly investigating a Harold Matthews Cup game after a player from the St George Dragons accused an Illawarra Steelers player of calling him a ‘coconut’.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The NSWRL is reportedly investigating a Harold Matthews Cup game after a player from the St George Dragons accused an Illawarra Steelers player of calling him a ‘coconut’.
Now which player was it, as there are plenty of Polynesians in the Saints Matts Cup 17.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Thanks for the update! Ackers is a name I've been hearing for a long time.
I first heard of him in his second year of Matts Cup, he played three years in that grade and is now in his second year of Ball Cup.Has played 9 Flegg games too and will play more in '24. Development contract next season, or does he already have one. He is being fast tracked thats for sure.