RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The Flegg outside backs have not disgraced themselves in the little game time I have seen, but they can expect to have Jesse ''James" Williams in their ranks soon, perhaps Buchanan and Te Moananui or Afu too.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Jesse Marschke dropped back to NSW Cup after mid-season Dragons recruit Nu Brown was parachuted straight into the 17. The 26-year-old took back plenty of confidence from his three NRL games though and was all class with three try assists, a linebreak assist, 69 metres and 14 tackles — two misses.

Meanwhile, Toby Couchman is continuing his red-hot form this season. He notched up 175 metres and 36 tackles — one miss — in his 67 minutes at prop. The 20-year-old has been averaging 144 metres and 33 tackles a game at an impressive 97.7 per cent tackle efficiency.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
A group of our Ball Cup boys will likely be promoted to Flegg once their season is done and dusted, hopefully with the trophy. Barring injury I see Latu, Loko Jr, Ackers as certs, Halangahu and Stanley -Traill possibles, joining Liu, Stewart and Webster. That will be one powerhouse pack that should acquit themselves well, despite most playing against guys maybe two years older. One or two of them may even make Ressies, Loko has already played at that level. I give him 12 months and reckon he is ready for Firsts, he and Ackers who, as I read today is already in our Top 30.
I think LKT also played NSW Cup toward the end of last season.

Eric

Staff

NSW Cup Round 8 v Sydney Rorters​

Jersey Flegg Round 8 v Rorters​

1. Mathew Feagai
  2. Sione Finau
  3. Max Feagai
  4. Ben Johnson
  5. Savelio Tamale
  6. Josh Ralph
  7. Jesse Marschke
  8. Alec Tuitavake
  9. Connor Muhleisen
  10. Viliami Fifita
  11. Dylan Egan
  12. Ryan Couchman
  13. Toby Couchman

14. Haele Finau
  15. Dan Russell
  16. Josh Coric
  17. Jackson Shereb

18. Jonah Glover
  1. Wesley Pring
  2. Ethan Cliff
  3. Will Starling
  4. Benjamin Lavender
  5. Khye Russell
  6. Nicholas Quinn
  7. Ashton Ward
  8. Jacob Webster
  9. Kyan Hjaltason
  10. Jett Liu
  11. Campbell Watchirs
  12. Nicholas Tsougranis
  13. Hamish Stewart

14. Trey Barlow
  15. Travis Barrett-Hancock
  16. Callum Leikvoll
  17. Jack Quinn

18. Kye Wright
  • #13 just keeps getting better. Even playing well in a losing team.
  • Not a big fan of #5 on the wing. Needs to tackle better at centre.
  • Unfortunately after the reserves on the extended bench come back to NSW Cup, #16 and #17 will drop out. Joining a long list of forwards who were supposed to become stars but ended up becoming tradies.
  • Ben Rumble out. Shouldn't be a big deal because the disgraceful efforts of the past 2 weeks have been due to poor defence, not attack.
  • Not many changes despite the poor form. Maybe a few of them have been given one more week before multiple SG Ball players become available.
  • Nice to see #12 in the run on team even though his return from injury for one reason or another hasn't done them any good.

Eric

Staff
Jersey Flegg is on in Wollongong this morning. Need this team to address the slide of recent weeks otherwise I think a number of players might be axed. Should be axed. Just because Flanno won't hold the NRL team accountable doesn't mean that is the case across all grades.

Following that game is NSW Cup. A team where surely several players are looking at possible promotion. Specially both Couchmans but also a winger or centre to take Suli's place next week. I'd like to think Bird and Flanagan jr in particular are under pressure but probably not.

Finally early this afternoon the SG Ball play the GF against the Bullgrubs. Is it too much of a stretch to say there is the possibility of one or two from this team to play first grade later this year? Why not? Happens at other clubs. I was thinking LKT though he's not named in the team. Must be injured. He was named on the bench for NSW Cup a few times toward the end of last year. Club must rate him and god knows we need a decent 5/8 in first grade.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Jersey Flegg is on in Wollongong this morning. Need this team to address the slide of recent weeks otherwise I think a number of players might be axed. Should be axed. Just because Flanno won't hold the NRL team accountable doesn't mean that is the case across all grades.

Following that game is NSW Cup. A team where surely several players are looking at possible promotion. Specially both Couchmans but also a winger or centre to take Suli's place next week. I'd like to think Bird and Flanagan jr in particular are under pressure but probably not.

Finally early this afternoon the SG Ball play the GF against the Bullgrubs. Is it too much of a stretch to say there is the possibility of one or two from this team to play first grade later this year? Why not? Happens at other clubs. I was thinking LKT though he's not named in the team. Must be injured. He was named on the bench for NSW Cup a few times toward the end of last year. Club must rate him and god knows we need a decent 5/8 in first grade.
LKT plays for Illawarra not St George Dragons in SGBall..

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Is it too much of a stretch to say there is the possibility of one or two from this team to play first grade later this year? Why not? Happens at other clubs.
Exactly. Other clubs are doing it, not us under Flanagan, proving to be as bad a coach as Griffin because he too is favoring his mates over superior players.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
If there are not cuts to that Thursday rabble we call a footy team, there will be a fan outcry. But our coach wont listen. Has again proven he is unable to lure decent players here, with Taruva heading to the Tigers rather than us. Three out of three is a poor batting record.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
If there are not cuts to that Thursday rabble we call a footy team, there will be a fan outcry. But our coach wont listen. Has again proven he is unable to lure decent players here, with Taruva heading to the Tigers rather than us.
I thought the club dodged a bullet by not signing him. In an average to bad team, I bet he's utter rubbish. Prefer to go with Finau for a start and one of the promising Flegg or Ball wingers or centres.