NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg, 2024

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
First 30mins looked amazing then it went to shit. Lack of resilience & some very poor efforts from Rava, Sloan & Bird.

Bird isn't a centre, Rava's confidence is shot & Sloan has no defensive competitiveness.

Imo Sloan had better touches as a 5/8th with his kick & passing distribution than a full back. I would force him to play in the front line so he has to deal with contact, no hiding away like at fullback. Sink or swim off-season for him, Flanno will put him through hell.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Imo Sloan had better touches as a 5/8th with his kick & passing distribution than a full back. I would force him to play in the front line so he has to deal with contact, no hiding away like at fullback. Sink or swim off-season for him, Flanno will put him through hell.
Its so hard to manage the squads.. if Brown & Marshke are injured... that means its possible to get Sloan and LKT into the same team. But when theyre all fit.. thats 4 blokes who should be in the NSW Cup #6 jersey. But next year maybe.. depending on who we recruit... Sloan has to make his tackles though... they will run at him.

In terms of 2024.... we could get 3 injuries tomorrow and its all hands on deck.. we seem to be riding our luck on the injury front... I keep catching the news and seeing all the teams with their players goneksies..

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
First 30mins looked amazing then it went to shit. Lack of resilience & some very poor efforts from Rava, Sloan & Bird.

Bird isn't a centre, Rava's confidence is shot & Sloan has no defensive competitiveness.

Jada Pinkett Smith Periodt GIF by Red Table Talk

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Sione seems stronger now.. like he gets an extra PCM quite often when I think hes going to be stopped dead.. and hes ok in the air and hes fast enough.. like I dunno if hes a longterm 1st grader but he seems as likely as any other young candidate and hes done his cup apprentiship. I think its possible hes Lomaxes replacement next year.

The reason I really wanted him to get some 1st grade this year though.. rival clubs can poach him from November 1st.. I know the Storm wanted him last time.. im not sure what were gonna do with him.. but now that he cant prove his worth any further.. maybe we will come up with an extension early? If hes happy here that is... Williams and Kirk are still babies.. like without Tamale/Ravalawa.. SFinau is either a starting winger or hes atleast 1st (and only) drop apart from I spose Allan.. but it seems a smaller pool next year.
Remember he played in the first game against Penrith. I thought he played really well. A few tackle busts, a lot of running metres, I think at least one try and no mistakes. I thought that means he's going to be in even after Lomax comes back from Origin. Maybe he can only play on that wing. If so, I would've picked Lomax at centre and Sione on the wing.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Its so hard to manage the squads.. if Brown & Marshke are injured... that means its possible to get Sloan and LKT into the same team. But when theyre all fit.. thats 4 blokes who should be in the NSW Cup #6 jersey. But next year maybe.. depending on who we recruit... Sloan has to make his tackles though... they will run at him.

In terms of 2024.... we could get 3 injuries tomorrow and its all hands on deck.. we seem to be riding our luck on the injury front... I keep catching the news and seeing all the teams with their players goneksies..

Brown would of been 14 today, Jesse will be 6 and Jacko back to Park

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

24-10 up you need someone to control the game from there. No one among Glover, Marshke, King-Togia or Mule able to do that. Prob next year with Quinn and Ward moving up.
So we lack any game manager within the clubs ranks? We need then just to bite the bullet and buy someone, but who is available next season that could be considered or become a game manager?

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
So we lack any game manager within the clubs ranks? We need then just to bite the bullet and buy someone, but who is available next season that could be considered or become a game manager?
Regardless of how nsw cup is going... I've been thinking that we do need to find a genuine man-managing 7 for somewhere in our 30+6, I love LKT as a possible 6 (or maybe centre) in the future... and I can see the purpose to Schuster as a possible 6... and Marshke is a good 6 or maybe 7 in an emergency.. I can see why we might want any of those players.... but an actual out and out 7.. whether its someone young who takes up a Dev contract....or someone experienced like a Sezer type.. just someone to put pressure first grade.. and someone to be Hunts replacement either short medium or longterm.. were leaving it very late if we wait till 2026.. and what if Hunt gets injured too.

I dont know how we fit this kid and I dont know how we recruit them without the possibility of playing 1st grade.. but we need to do something, im not sure how serious they are about Ward, and Reed is many years away.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Sorry but they are in high demand. I think the Jersey Flegg 5/8 is the one. Hunt is hanging around for next season. Need to use the time to get Ward ready for first grade from 2026.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Regardless of how nsw cup is going... I've been thinking that we do need to find a genuine man-managing 7 for somewhere in our 30+6, I love LKT as a possible 6 (or maybe centre) in the future... and I can see the purpose to Schuster as a possible 6... and Marshke is a good 6 or maybe 7 in an emergency.. I can see why we might want any of those players.... but an actual out and out 7.. whether its someone young who takes up a Dev contract....or someone experienced like a Sezer type.. just someone to put pressure first grade.. and someone to be Hunts replacement either short medium or longterm.. were leaving it very late if we wait till 2026.. and what if Hunt gets injured too.

I dont know how we fit this kid and I dont know how we recruit them without the possibility of playing 1st grade.. but we need to do something, im not sure how serious they are about Ward, and Reed is many years away.
Sezer is also a 5/8, IMO. So many old-fashioned 5/8s, so few halfbacks.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Toby Sexton, current bulldogs halfback would be a good option. He's a genuine half, he'd be cheap & is off-contract end of this season.

Kyle is now locked into the halves since Cook will be hooker. So whoever we get for halves needs to have a better reputation than Kyle. Otherwise Kye will get the nod due to bias.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Toby Sexton, current bulldogs halfback would be a good option. He's a genuine half, he'd be cheap & is off-contract end of this season.
I feel like the Dogs will try to nab Stefano and some halfback too, if they do theyve managed to pinch an entire roster out of nowhere and be under the cap.. but yes id take a Sexton though I dunno if they would want him as backup even if they sign another.

We need someone like that though.. there are others.. they are all speculators.. but we need god.. we just need solid so its not the handbrake on our success.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Its actually next week im really not looking forward too.. the fanbase dont handle their losses well, and this is likely to be 2 heavy ones...

Just so happy we beat the Broncs leading in.
Could be worse. Imagine being a Broncos fan knowing that at this stage of the season seeing their star-studded team is 4 points below the Dragons on the table. At the start of the season, I thought they might win the competition this year.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Could be worse. Imagine being a Broncos fan knowing that at this stage of the season seeing their star-studded team is 4 points below the Dragons on the table. At the start of the season, I thought they might win the competition this year.
Hate a team that can't win gracefully. I will never forgive or forget their made up jibe song after beating us in the GF. I'm so very happy they are feeling the pain this season. Now another player appears to be on the wrong side of the law.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Hate a team that can't win gracefully. I will never forgive or forget their made up jibe song after beating us in the GF. I'm so very happy they are feeling the pain this season. Now another player appears to be on the wrong side of the law.
The competition was a farce back then. Broncos were basically the QLD Origin team. St George did a tremendous job getting as close to them as they did.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The competition was a farce back then. Broncos were basically the QLD Origin team. St George did a tremendous job getting as close to them as they did.
Yep salary cap my arse. They had 6 kangaroo players and as you said they had 11 origin players. Then they sang the St George can't play in the sheds. They only beat us 14 - 6 that day. So I'm happy whenever they struggle. Before them I hated the Roosters for winning the 75 GF . Some may say I hold a grudge.