Promising Juniors Thread.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
We've signed Saifiti Saifiti a winger from ISH, currently competing in the ASSRL National for QRSS. He is another player from Rogers Sports Management stable
Just looking him up.. ok has played 2 years in U19s, knocked out in a semifinal and prelim final.. goalkicking wingers are like #1 on my list of priorities in all grades though.. very important .. his goalkicking wasnt amazing in those semifinals.. but hopefully its something he can work on.

Is he taking up one of our development positions for 2025?

And, is he coming immediately or end of year?

Last edited:

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg

For 17-year-old winger Saifiti Junior Saifiti, making the NRL is the ultimate goal – but for now he is focused on making history with his Ipswich Jets teammates in the Mal Meninga Cup.

The Jets have never won the under-19 tournament but took the next step to rewriting history by beating the Mackay Cutters in an elimination final at their home ground at North Ipswich on Sunday afternoon.

The win was yet another great team effort from the Ipswich young guns, who won 38-32, with Saifiti silky yet potent in attack, scoring two tries and converting five from seven of his team’s tries, contributing 18 points in another huge individual performance.

This season he has now crossed for 10 tries and racked up 128 points in a mammoth contribution to his team.

After playing fullback and centre in the past, he is new to the 13-man game, having played rugby union for most of his life up until two years ago when he first gave rugby league a shot.

He now wants to crack the country’s professional competition, the National Rugby League, but when speaking with Local Ipswich News in the lead-up to last weekend’s game against the Cutters, he said he understood the need to focus on the mission at hand.

“I think we are going to win,” he said. “If I do my job and my boys do their job, then we have the chance every game.”

Saifiti is incredibly humble, and when he hears his stats read back to him, you can tell from the shock in his voice that he still cannot believe his outstanding numbers.

“Everything is from hard work. If you do your hard work on the field, you deserve that. I always do my practice, and practise kicking before and after training too.”

The Jets will now play the minor premiers the Tweed Seagulls next Saturday.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Just looking him up.. ok has played 2 years in U19s, knocked out in a semifinal and prelim final.. goalkicking wingers are like #1 on my list of priorities in all grades though.. very important .. his goalkicking wasnt amazing in those semifinals.. but hopefully its something he can work on.

And, is he coming immediately or end of year?
Goal kicking might be a problem next year unless someone can "come from the clouds" to take a spot. Will have to be a winger or centre.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg

And, is he coming immediately or end of year

Spoke to his manager Craig Clifton yesterday, he will finish school and then come down for pre season and Sg ball.
Not confirmed SL spot yet.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Ipswich High is proving a happy hunting ground for our scouts to boost our junior development, as it is same school where we found both Loko Jr and TPH. Saifiti Jr's former school St Pats Fairfield, I believe was also the alma mater of Finau and Jake.

Last edited:

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ipswich High is proving a happy hunting ground for our scouts to boost our junior development, as is same school where rwe found both Loko Jr and TPH. Saifiti Jr's former school St Pats Fairfield, I believe was also the alma mater of Finau and Jake.
That's my almer mater, Patrician Bros Fairfield. Imagine being a Dragons Tragic in the heart of Eels territory in the 80's 🤮