Promising Juniors Thread.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yaa the Top30 will be out of whack for probably 2yrs.. with all the young forwards, a few like Egan and Stewart still to prove themselves and 2 like MMolo and Fifita arguably not going to make it but still using spots... it is what it is.. but we are going to be thin on outside backs until we can correct it over the next few years.

Regardless it is exciting too have young forwards finally, its been a long time since we have had some come through, Couchmans aside.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Surprised Jesse Williams contract is taking so long though, that started months ago.. I thought he was just waiting for the SG Season to be over.. not rly sure what they would be discussing unless he wants to play more Flegg first to prove his worth.. or force a development spot.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Surprised Jesse Williams contract is taking so long though, that started months ago.. I thought he was just waiting for the SG Season to be over.. not rly sure what they would be discussing unless he wants to play more Flegg first to prove his worth.. or force a development spot.
Pierre was pushing for a contract upgrade on the back of his SGB form.
The club is in no rush, we have him signed for next year and as a junior player he can't be approached until April 2025.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Whats interesting for me also.. is we have 4 Development/Supp positions left for next year.. I feel like it should have atleast 3 backs in it.. but noone is demanding that position currently.. LKT probably the most ready. So curious how long would they wait.. and im sure Williams manager is angling for 1 of those 2025 spots.

Also.. im assuming all 4 spots will be filled from internally.. but u never know.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Whats interesting for me also.. is we have 4 Development/Supp positions left for next year.. I feel like it should have atleast 3 backs in it.. but noone is demanding that position currently.. LKT probably the most ready. So curious how long would they wait.. and im sure Williams manager is angling for 1 of those 2025 spots.

Also.. im assuming all 4 spots will be filled from internally.. but u never know.
How about Ben Rumble?

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
You are not going to keep all juniors happy, different pathways different contracts etc.

Finau and his family have moved to the Gong and we have signed his sisters to pathways. The whole family is happy, Finau sister had a baby last week and the little fella is already wearing a Dragons jumpsuit.

Jake and his family are moving to the Gong next week and his brother Luka has been signed to pathways.

Loko is also loving it I've spoken to his family and they are happy with the way we have looked after Loko.

Jesse is still in contract discussions hopefully that is sorted before years end.
Jesse is very talented he sings and also plays piano.

Looking at Jake's insta, he's very much enjoying the dragons. Loko seems close with Hame & a few other senior boys from social media posts. A few of the polynesian boys travel down to the gong together. There's some chemistry building at the club, just need to shape & evolve it properly.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
All those forwards!!! No wonder they balked at giving JDB 2 years.
Most of those kids aint ready for top grade for at least two years. I see only Loko Jr, Latu and possibly Halangahu, Ackers and Nick T making it in that time frame, but Jack should know when those kids I named will be ready as reportedly he has been mentoring them. He shudda been given and extra two, even three years, no mistake.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Has this been posted yet.
Dragons have recruited Qld ASSRL star winger Junior Saifiti on a three-year contract to join the NRL squad and will play Jersey Flegg Cup. Directly into Flegg bypassing the junior reps? Well yes according to NC.
Read he is being compared to Brian To'o.

Saifiti is playing #5 for Qld is this game. Also keep an eye out for the opposition #7, Darius Rogers from WA. Pulls off a sensational cover tackle on a flying outside back, good organization, has a useful kicking and running game. Hope out scouts have taken note.

Thx for the link! I kind of flicked thru whenever the ball went to Saifiti, wasnt his best game, didnt touch the ball a lot but when he did he had a playtheball error, a missed tackle, a failed grubber and didnt ground a try.. but I knew he was man of the match in another of their games so hes clearly got talent.. looks pretty powerful but agile enough.

It is one thing about wingers though, bit like Williams.. im having a hard time knowing how hes faring cause their involvement is so random.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
like Williams.. im having a hard time knowing how hes faring cause their involvement is so random.
Yes he doesnt get all that involved, such as taking a regular hit up from the dummy half. Seems to wait to be serviced. Saifiti took a few of these and made big metres.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Agree on that.. one of the things Williams will need to learn is how to get in there and pick up the early carries.. its really the basis for any first grade success we have had... but hes just a kid.. this is a good time to learn.. im sure hes getting a lot more coaching than before etc.. and probably training with 1st grade over the off season perhaps?