Promising Juniors Thread.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Only a few days on from Soward also.. kind of looks like a clean-out? I have no idea how Timmo was doing, I know early on there was a lot of pushback on how tough he was on the kids.. which lost us a few signings.. but I was hoping he would adapt, he mentioned he was learning how to in an interview a while back.. but who knows..
I think they wouldn't have demoted him if he was doing well. But now he has a chance to work his way back. In the meantime, need to get more people in from the outside.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
the boost of positivity we needed! impressive highlights package for his flegg season.. the one where he does 2 x 360s carrying the defence lol.. hopefully he smashes NSW Cup next year, no injuries etc.. him and Tonga.
Isn't he in the top 30? I hope he smashes first grade, not NSW Cup.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg

Replay of the national schoolboys cup final which occurred today.

Halangahu & Mclaren both playing.

Halangahu is a monster, Mclaren was hardly sighted. Fulitalo was okay. Good to see some proper hits rather than the grappling/wrestling crap.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Fulitalo has big wraps also.. I'm actually kinda glad Halangahu got to taste some defeat for once.. he has had a ridiculous year winning every trophy.. next year is going to be very anticlimactic in comparison.. I assume that was his last game and he can have a break now and then start a full pre-season.

Bloke on twitter has some Kade Reed Highlights from his grand final also.. I think this is all ages, some of the blokes are massive.. Reed handled himself very well.. he doesnt have the pace of moses/ponga, but he has the footwork.. hes not slow though.. but hes coming along nicely:

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Fulitalo has big wraps also.. I'm actually kinda glad Halangahu got to taste some defeat for once.. he has had a ridiculous year winning every trophy.. next year is going to be very anticlimactic in comparison.. I assume that was his last game and he can have a break now and then start a full pre-season.

Bloke on twitter has some Kade Reed Highlights from his grand final also.. I think this is all ages, some of the blokes are massive.. Reed handled himself very well.. he doesnt have the pace of moses/ponga, but he has the footwork.. hes not slow though.. but hes coming along nicely:
Looks very impressive from that. Isn't he only 18? But is he halfback or 5/8? Really need him to be a halfback.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg

Fulitalo was okay, nothing special. Looked fatigued easily. A couple of off-loads too.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Halangahu is a monster, Mclaren was hardly sighted. Fulitalo was okay. Good to see some proper hits rather than the grappling/wrestling crap.
Halangahu was starved of decent ball. I can't see Mclaren putting too much pressure on LKT or Reed. Then again, it's only schoolboys. The St George U19s would have probably beaten them by about 50-10.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Halangahu was starved of decent ball. I can't see Mclaren putting too much pressure on LKT or Reed. Then again, it's only schoolboys. The St George U19s would have probably beaten them by about 50-10.
The level is like this:

Harold Matts Cup:
School Boys Cup
NRLW
SG Ball
CRL first grade
Jersey Flegg
NSW Cup
NRL

The order of the first 3 is debatable.

Last edited: