Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Betting Tariq Sims and Tyson Frizell would come back to us on a reduced wage. I'd like both back home.
Sims was treated badly by Griffin but I think this year has to be his last. He's in and out of he Storm team and they are hardly stacked for good forwards.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Beau Fermor is a potential superstar second rower.
I'm listening mate and have to say why go outside the club as we have our own budding superstar back rowers in the Couchman brothers. There is also that Flegg boy, Regan, like the look of him too.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Avarillo signed with Dolphins. Sailor is ok but better than Sloan and/or Amone? Don't think so. Luke Thompson would be a great signing. Josh Reynolds is about 34 now and was average in his prime.
Sims on his last legs as a player.
Frizell might be good for 2 more years. No thanks to the others. Too old or in the case of Cartwright, too soft to play in the forwards.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Would be huge signings. With the Couchmans, an good pack for a number of years.
I very much doubt Fifita is even seriously considering it. His Mrs signed with Gold Coast. Doesn't make much sense for her to sign with them only for Fifita to go the opposite way.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I very much doubt Fifita is even seriously considering it. His Mrs signed with Gold Coast. Doesn't make much sense for her to sign with them only for Fifita to go the opposite way.
Maybe he didn't put the toilet seat down and and she got the shits with him , so he has told her " I'm off to the Dragons" ........ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Maybe he didn't put the toilet seat down and and she got the shits with him , so he has told her " I'm off to the Dragons" ........ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hops so. As long as he didn't stink things up at the Dragons.
Stinks P U GIF by Padma Lakshmi

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I very much doubt Fifita is even seriously considering it. His Mrs signed with Gold Coast.
That was before Holbrook was shown the door, evidenly both had a clause concerning his retention, so when he was sacked they enforced it and were subsequently placed on the open market.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Is Flanno wavering over keeping Hunt as the 1.7m saved is likely to be part of the war chest needed to snare this pair.

''It also adds to the growing angst between the Dragons and Titans as Gold Coast looms as St George Illawarra skipper Ben Hunt’s preferred destination next year. It is understood the Titans would be prepared to offer Hunt a three-year contract.''

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Is Flanno wavering over keeping Hunt as the 1.7m saved is likely to be part of the war chest needed to snare this pair.

''It also adds to the growing angst between the Dragons and Titans as Gold Coast looms as St George Illawarra skipper Ben Hunt’s preferred destination next year. It is understood the Titans would be prepared to offer Hunt a three-year contract.''
Surely there is no way they can even consider keeping him around now. But I support them 100% in insisting he hangs around until a player swap is organised.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Surely there is no way they can even consider keeping him around now. But I support them 100% in insisting he hangs around until a player swap is organised.
Now its not only a case of him wanting a release but he has actually stopped trying.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Broncos bombshell as Payne Haas hits open market, big-money scramble imminent​

Powerhouse Payne Haas has dropped a bombshell on the Broncos with the star to create a big-money scramble by heading to the open market.​

Brisbane powerhouse Payne Haas has dropped a bombshell on the Broncos with his management confirming he will launch a multi-million dollar scramble for his services by heading to the open market on November 1.

Haas, who missed NSW’s win over Queensland on Wednesday night with an ankle injury, is regarded as the No.1 forward in the game and is bound to have no shortage of suitors in rugby league and rugby union.

The Bulldogs, Brisbane’s opponent on Saturday afternoon, are expected to be at the front of the queue as they look to supercharge their rebuild under head of football Phil Gould.

How much is the best prop in the game worth? 1 mil a year + TPAs?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

Broncos bombshell as Payne Haas hits open market, big-money scramble imminent​

Powerhouse Payne Haas has dropped a bombshell on the Broncos with the star to create a big-money scramble by heading to the open market.​

Brisbane powerhouse Payne Haas has dropped a bombshell on the Broncos with his management confirming he will launch a multi-million dollar scramble for his services by heading to the open market on November 1.

Haas, who missed NSW’s win over Queensland on Wednesday night with an ankle injury, is regarded as the No.1 forward in the game and is bound to have no shortage of suitors in rugby league and rugby union.

The Bulldogs, Brisbane’s opponent on Saturday afternoon, are expected to be at the front of the queue as they look to supercharge their rebuild under head of football Phil Gould.

How much is the best prop in the game worth? 1 mil a year + TPAs?
Would need a very serious PR do over before getting a lot of TPA deals. I guess so. Or maybe they don't care.