Recruitment and Retention for 2024

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
What is the difference between going after Tino and Fifita which FO says it is pursuing after SOO, still not a word over this as yet as our recruiters move at tortoise pace. So there must be room under the cap.
Salary cap shouldn't include 2 forwards on big money. Just my opinion.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Bring back Hook , it's getting too hard for our lot , then we can get top players at the end of their careers and offer them shares in a Nursing Home ...... That will work , then Hunt will stay and can be captain of the Nusing home ..... Yep that's easy solved đź‘Ś it .......
Josh McGuire is on the lookout for a new clubo_O

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
This bloke is a gun!

Nick Tsougranis​

The highly-rated St George junior was recently selected for the NSW Under-19s Origin side. Prior to that he signed an upgraded contract with the Dragons that will see him training with the NRL squad in 2024 before moving onto the club’s development list in 2025. Tsougranis made a nine-minute KOE Cup debut as a replacement player against the Panthers in round 14 but has since been selected in the game-day 17 three times for three wins.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
This bloke is a gun!

Nick Tsougranis​

The highly-rated St George junior was recently selected for the NSW Under-19s Origin side. Prior to that he signed an upgraded contract with the Dragons that will see him training with the NRL squad in 2024 before moving onto the club’s development list in 2025. Tsougranis made a nine-minute KOE Cup debut as a replacement player against the Panthers in round 14 but has since been selected in the game-day 17 three times for three wins.
Why is he going to be on a development deal in 2025? Should be next year.

Eric

Staff

DRAGONS​

2023 squad:
  • Alec Tu’itavake (2023), hmmmmm
  • Ben Hunt (2025),
  • Ben Murdoch-Masila (2024), bye
  • Billy Burns (2023), gone
  • Blake Lawrie (2026),
  • Cody Ramsey (2024), good luck next year!
  • Francis Molo (2024), bye
  • Jack de Belin (2024), 1 more year please.
  • Jack Bird (2024, MO 2025), bye
  • Jacob Liddle (2025, MO 2026),
  • Jaiyden Hunt (2024), bye
  • Jayden Sullivan (2025),
  • Jaydn Su’A (2024), re-sign
  • Mathew Feagai (2024), Can he make it as a centre? Too slow for the wing.
  • Max Feagai (2024), as above
  • Michael Molo (2024), been extended
  • Mikaele Ravalawa (2026),
  • Moses Mbye (2023),
  • Moses Suli (2024), backrow or bye. Tamale and Finau want your position.
  • Nick Lui-Toso (2023), gone
  • Talatau Amone (2024), hmmmmm
  • Tautau Moga (2023), gone
  • Toby Couchman (2025),
  • Ryan Couchman (2025),
  • Tyrell Fuimaono (2023), Is he gone?
  • Tyrell Sloan (2024), hmmmmm
  • Zac Lomax (2026),
  • Zane Musgrove (2024), bye
  • Paul Turner (2024), bye
  • Viliami Fifita (2023) hmmmmm

Development players:​

• Connor Muhleisen (2023), unfortunately, not cutting it.
  • Jackson Shereb (2024), as above. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
  • Josh Coric (2024), Good luck!
  • Sione Finau (2023) He'll make it. Just a question of how good he can be.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Edwin Ipape has now addressed the reports linking him to the St George Illawarra Dragons, shooting down the rumours. Revealing he won't be going anywhere anytime soon as he is contracted with the club until the end of the 2025 season.

“I know there's talks I might go to other clubs but I'm happy I am where I am today," Ipape told The Mirror. "If it wasn't for Leigh I wouldn't be who I am today and I am very aware of that. So, to be in this position, and to just walk away from this club, I don't think that would happen. "I'm more happy and settled here and my family are happy so I'm definitely going to stay here.”

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS

Spots left in the Top 30: 3
What they need: There’s several areas the Dragons need to improve in, but we are going to focus on their forward pack. The Red V have some exciting outside backs in Tyrell Sloan, Mat and Max Feagai and Moses Suli — and they all deserve to keep their spots. But the same can’t be said for their forwards who are consistently manhandled in the middle of the park. Off-season recruit Ben Murdoch-Masila has also spent majority of the season on the left edge and the dragons desperately need a strike back-rower following Jaydn Su’A’s season-ending shoulder injury. The Dragons could also do with an experienced prop and incoming coach Shane Flanagan has already reportedly sat down with English enforcer Luke Thompson. However, his injury record may prompt Red V recruitment bosses to look elsewhere.

Who they should target: Rising Cowboys gun Kulikefu Finefeuiaki would be the perfect target for the Dragons, currently on a development contract until the end of 2024. The 19-year-old has shown he can cut it in first grade and has stiff competition in the back row in North Queensland with Jeremiah Nanai, Heilum Luki, Reuben Cotter and Griffin Neame all having the ability to feature in the edge forwards. Throw the kitchen sink at him. The Dragons could also target one of the Roosters’ exciting crop of forwards in Terrell May, Siua Wong and Ben Thomas, who could all force their way out of their current contracts with the Roosters already welcoming Spencer Leniu in to their ranks and re-signing Jared Waerea-Hargreaves for next season. Elsewhere, Alex Seyfarth has shown he could be a solid middle forward in recent weeks and could be a cut-price option from the Tigers. Michael Chee Kam is also an option from the Rabbitohs and could be a versatile forward for Flanagan, and is currently off-contract for 2024 and may be looking to set his future in stone as soon as possible.

Like the idea of poaching young Roosters and Cowboys forwards. Also like the idea of signing Thompson. No thanks to the journeymen from Souths and Tigers. We already have enough of those.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS

Spots left in the Top 30: 3
What they need: There’s several areas the Dragons need to improve in, but we are going to focus on their forward pack. The Red V have some exciting outside backs in Tyrell Sloan, Mat and Max Feagai and Moses Suli — and they all deserve to keep their spots. But the same can’t be said for their forwards who are consistently manhandled in the middle of the park. Off-season recruit Ben Murdoch-Masila has also spent majority of the season on the left edge and the dragons desperately need a strike back-rower following Jaydn Su’A’s season-ending shoulder injury. The Dragons could also do with an experienced prop and incoming coach Shane Flanagan has already reportedly sat down with English enforcer Luke Thompson. However, his injury record may prompt Red V recruitment bosses to look elsewhere.

Who they should target: Rising Cowboys gun Kulikefu Finefeuiaki would be the perfect target for the Dragons, currently on a development contract until the end of 2024. The 19-year-old has shown he can cut it in first grade and has stiff competition in the back row in North Queensland with Jeremiah Nanai, Heilum Luki, Reuben Cotter and Griffin Neame all having the ability to feature in the edge forwards. Throw the kitchen sink at him. The Dragons could also target one of the Roosters’ exciting crop of forwards in Terrell May, Siua Wong and Ben Thomas, who could all force their way out of their current contracts with the Roosters already welcoming Spencer Leniu in to their ranks and re-signing Jared Waerea-Hargreaves for next season. Elsewhere, Alex Seyfarth has shown he could be a solid middle forward in recent weeks and could be a cut-price option from the Tigers. Michael Chee Kam is also an option from the Rabbitohs and could be a versatile forward for Flanagan, and is currently off-contract for 2024 and may be looking to set his future in stone as soon as possible.

Like the idea of poaching young Roosters and Cowboys forwards. Also like the idea of signing Thompson. No thanks to the journeymen from Souths and Tigers. We already have enough of those.
Hooker is obviously a position Flanno isn't happy with.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Tele says Flanno wants Fifita, Tino, Luke Thomson and another whose name I dont know.
Wants but won't get all. No way.
Treated like a leper for much of the season now he has been permitted to test the market, yet NOT SAME with massive liabilities, BMM, Bird, Matt Feagai.. bewwildering by FO.
BMM...... FFS, he's the new Josh Kerr! Must have some very serious blackmail on the coaching staff.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Mbye given an immediate release to join the Super League. I wonder if Treigh Stewart or Herring will be promoted into the top 30?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Is he going to the Dogs? Been hearing that for a while.
Not sure but not playing for us anymore. It would appear to me that the new coach is trying to build a team around Hunt still. I could be wrong but I don't think that Hunt is going anywhere

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Not sure but not playing for us anymore. It would appear to me that the new coach is trying to build a team around Hunt still. I could be wrong but I don't think that Hunt is going anywhere
Hope that's wrong. If it's not, I don't think he'll last the 2 years of Hunts contract.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
So Mbye is gone had his last game last night and it's Bulldogs or Tigers believe it or not for Sullivan
Mbye gone and Sullivan given permission to look elsewhere. If Flanno is planning to keep Hunt, he'll have lost me before a ball is kicked in anger. As far as I'm concerned, letting Mbye go is the right thing to do but Hunt should have been the first to go!