Recruitment and Retention for 2024

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
He's 31. After the Burgess, McGuire, Woods debacles, I hope he isn't being considered.
I know its only Super League but I've watched a couple of games he has played in and he's still got it. This would have to be his last contract and I would say you could sign him at a basement price . I'd be happy to pay him $1.1m over the next 3 yrs , he'd also be a good teacher and pass on his knowledge and experience to our rising young forwards. I believe that the Dogs want him though. Just my thoughts

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I know its only Super League but I've watched a couple of games he has played in and he's still got it. This would have to be his last contract and I would say you could sign him at a basement price . I'd be happy to pay him $1.1m over the next 3 yrs , he'd also be a good teacher and pass on his knowledge and experience to our rising young forwards. I believe that the Dogs want him though. Just my thoughts
I have to disagree as well. We already don't have a young pack.

Eric

Staff
Dragons interested in bidding for Payne Haas. I guess along with every other club.
Sele is a middle forward. It seems Luke Thompson is probably on the way. We have JDB and Lawrie. Those two young props from Manly who came over mid-season. I think you'll find that by round 1 next year both Couchmans are going to be around 110kg middle forwards. Then there is Coric who there has been big wraps on for a long time but did his ACL in the pre-season.

I think we have enough middle forwards without getting into a bidding war for Haas or Fa’asuamaleaui. And without getting a Rorters veteran. Just my views.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons interested in bidding for Payne Haas. I guess along with every other club.
I'd pay overs for him. He is just going to get better and he soon will be working more on his offload talent. Can you imagine that 3 players struggling to get him to ground in the middle of the park and he offloads to a trailing speed player. You can build a premiership winning team around players like him

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I'd pay overs for him. He is just going to get better and he soon will be working more on his offload talent. Can you imagine that 3 players struggling to get him to ground in the middle of the park and he offloads to a trailing speed player. You can build a premiership winning team around players like him
It's just a question of how much overs. I'm leaning toward he's not worth over 900k. Not because he isn't a very good player but I think no one outside of the spine should be on more than that t present.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
It's just a question of how much overs. I'm leaning toward he's not worth over 900k. Not because he isn't a very good player but I think no one outside of the spine should be on more than that t present.
I'd rather Tino .....

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Wont be for '24 tho as our war chest is only $1m, so who are we able to get for that when Flanno says he wants forwards and backs. The big fish we wants for our engine room will have to wait till '25. Just who do you think will remain available then.